Review Requests

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:28 am

Sadly, it succumbed to a bit of the plague of many mainstream anime: dragging. However, it is much better than most, or at least I have been impressed so far. They have a good and lengthy manga to be based upon.

But this is off topic. KisaTohru, I believe we may have reviews for some of those. I have not checked it recently, but some of those titles seem quite familiar...
uc pseudonym

Postby Falco53 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:17 pm

I didn't read this entire topic, so forgive me if I request a repeat. I would greatly appreciate it if someone would reveiw Gungrave.

This site is doing Christian anime fans a great service. You can read secular reviews of anime anywhere, but finding out where an anime stands morally is next to impossible without this site. There's also Hugglebunny, but I don't always agree with their reveiws.

:hits_self
Falco53

Postby Kisa » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:27 pm

Falco53 wrote:This site is doing Christian anime fans a great service. You can read secular reviews of anime anywhere, but finding out where an anime stands morally is next to impossible without this site.

This is very true! *standing ovation for all who make this site possible*
You guys do a great job! ^^
:hug:

OK PC! ^^ Could someone give me the link to those I mentioned then???
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:09 pm

Well, I think that ranks up there with oldphilosopher's US.

On the other hand, I don't see any of the reviews you mentioned, so perhaps I am merely wrong. Are those the Japanese or American names?
uc pseudonym

Postby Scribs » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:42 pm

I just saw a thread from several days agoin which a member asked if there was a review for last exile. I submitted one a 3 or 4 weeks ago, and got no response. This is no problem to me, however if it has become lost or if it would help if I submitted another one I would be more than happy to do so.

I have seen the whole series in sub and through episode 18 in dub.

Hope I can help

-sincerely piloswine
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Ashley » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:49 pm

Few things to say here...

First off, Gypsy is the admin in charge of the reviews database, so all inquries should be directed to her.

Secondly, we had some trouble with the database in that time, so--though I hate to even think of this--it's possible your review could have been eaten.

My advice is to PM Gyp and ask her if she ever got it/if there's still a spot open. Sometimes we get multiple reviews for the same series and must go with the most complete/earliest forms.
Ashley

Postby oro! » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:00 pm

I sorta missed most of this. But, could anyone do a review of Threads of Time?
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:25 pm

Ashley wrote:Few things to say here...

First off, Gypsy is the admin in charge of the reviews database, so all inquries should be directed to her.

Secondly, we had some trouble with the database in that time, so--though I hate to even think of this--it's possible your review could have been eaten.

My advice is to PM Gyp and ask her if she ever got it/if there's still a spot open. Sometimes we get multiple reviews for the same series and must go with the most complete/earliest forms.

:sniffle:

I did one for Naruto... did it get deleted? Or maybe there's no way of finding out?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:30 pm

It has to be approved... if the system is even working. I'll read it over tomorrow and approve it if all goes well.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:25 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:...

:sniffle:

I did one for Naruto... did it get deleted? Or maybe there's no way of finding out?

Yes, your review is still in the submission area. Don't worry, it's not lost. ;)
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Kisa » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:11 am

The ones I requested, I used the English names . . .
Here they are again:
Vandread, Angel Tales, Noir, Fushigi Yugi (I know this isnt a very good one but it would be nice to have a Christian review out there to show people)
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:33 pm

We have a Noir review. Chloe wrote it! Ya for Chloe!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby plutogrl03 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:53 pm

I know the series hasn't been finished yet for US release but could someone do Kaleido Star? If no one gets to by the time I buy the series, I'll do it!
plutogrl03

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:05 am

Last Exile review please. Thankyou very much!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Gypsy » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:52 am

We have a Last Exile review that's pending, so it should be up soon!
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:16 pm

Um, what exactly does 'pending' mean. I know what it means in other contexts, but in relation to this site-- I'm in the dark. Sorry to be a bother :sweat: .
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:04 pm

[quote="Gypsy"]Yes, your review is still in the submission area. Don't worry, it's not lost. ]

YAY! :hug:

i hope its good
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:10 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Um, what exactly does 'pending' mean. I know what it means in other contexts, but in relation to this site-- I'm in the dark. Sorry to be a bother :sweat: .

When a review is submitted it goes to the submission area. There, a moderator or administrator who has seen the anime can approve it, in which case it goes to the general area visible by all.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:11 pm

OH, so a mod has to have seen the anime! Wow. . . didn't know that.

Mangafanatic

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:22 pm

Well, there are some people that we trust enough to just okay a review immediately. But between the moderators, I think we've seen almost everything.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:24 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Well, there are some people that we trust enough to just okay a review immediately. But between the moderators, I think we've seen almost everything.

Yeah ... we create quite the scary collective list. ;)
Gypsy

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:02 pm

scary indeed
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Falco53 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:26 pm

One more request: Yu Yu Hakusho. I considered getting it, but I'm not sure of how bad the content of the unedited is.

A little enlightenment can go a long way.
Yeah, I'm that opinionated.

So otaku, but not...

Falco53

Postby mai » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:01 pm

A Twelve Kingdoms review would be nice...
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:09 pm

Yeah, I've been thinking about checkin' that one out myself. Maybe I'll get around to seeing it and write a review. Who knows. . .

Mangafanatic

Postby Gypsy » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:10 pm

Ladies and gents, I have an announcement - the review submissions are all caught up! That means I'll be faster at getting your new reviews out since I don't have a huge list to filter through - the only thing I can compare it to is looking at a sink spilling over with dirty dishes, knowing you have to wash them, and then running into the other room.

Well, no more running! Now I have to go write a pile of PMs to all you patient reviewers. ^^ And the only review that I'm missing (that I know of) is Bob the Duck's Onegai Teacher review ... *gulp*
Gypsy

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:39 pm

woot!

anyway, a Full Metal Alchemist review would pwn. I haven't seen all the episodes, but i'm watching them as we speak. (seriously :lol: i'm watching them RIGHT this moment)
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby mai » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:02 am

A saiyuki review would be appreciated the more I read about it the more confused I get :sweat:
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby pyro_moogle » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:21 am

I would like a review on Chrono Crusade the first volume and Comic Party.
[{ Waste of Paint }]
pyro_moogle

Postby Gypsy » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:57 am

I'm working on a complete Comic Party review, pyro.
Gypsy

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews