Which anime's need a sequel, don't need a sequel, and games that should be anime's?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby desertedsun » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:11 pm

OK, enough about NGE, besides the fact that it's anti-christian. I think that Macross Zero looks great and all, but why did they throw Shamans into the story. Just in case you didn't know, Shamans are witch doctors! No with doctors should be in Mech series'!!!
GOD is the ONLY WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE!
desertedsun

Postby Haibane Shadsie » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:08 pm

Please don't state your opinions as "facts". Some series can be taken in any way a viewer decides. I think it is one of those more subjective pieces of art/fiction.

As for sequels to the anime that will not be named... yes, I do think it's overrated, though I did personally enjoy it. It should not have more sequels, however, just because, given the nature of the story, it would just... not work out. Leave it with the confusing endings that it already has and let veiwers draw their own conclusions.

I've heard that Hellsing has another season in Japan. I hope this is true. Whether anyone here besides me liked it or not beside (Please, let this not be turned into ANOTHER debate like upon the anime that will not be named)... the 13 episode series left too many unanswered questions.

Like I said, more Petshop of Horrors episodes could be made, and quite well, I believe. I also feel the same about Oh, My Goddess!

What should stop getting series... "Pokemon". It was the first anime I got obessessed with, but I stopped watching it a long time ago. It just got to be the same old thing over and over again, and "Hey, look at the new pokemon!" and "Let's keep this going so we can sell more merchandise!" Gah... let Pokemon die... let us enjoy our games and the older episodes of the anime... but... no more... it's gone on... more than long enough.
"We will never give up and despair, for we are on a mission from God." __ Hellsing, Vol. 2.
Haibane Shadsie

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:42 pm

Yeah, Aa Megamisama was really rediculous... A long running manga, but in Anime form only 5 ova's and a movie... We're missing a LOT in the story that way... I don't know why they never made a TV show for it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Michael » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:57 pm

I'd love to see a Castlevania anime, if it's done right. I'd say a revisit to Robotech would make a lot of fans happy.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Shinja » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:59 pm

i wish the 8th ms team was longer 12 episodes isnt enough
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby desertedsun » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:53 am

What I say about Evangelion is factual! Why? Because I read director interviews and get it straight from the source! It's also found in the anime itself. Angel's wanna destroy the world, kids whining about how much they hate there father, and penguins running around the place- that's what Evangalion is, and I'd rather spend my time watching a sequel to the Cabbage Patch Kids. Anyway-
Castlevania definetely does need to be made into an anime. The games provide enough story to make several long running series for Castlevania. 8th MS Team needed to be a lot longer. I also think that Photon needs a sequel and Tenchi needs to stop being made after the #rd OVA comming out soon. All the Tenchi's got really boring and re-used everything from past series'. I don't care about Oh My friggin Goddess, and tell LorentzForce to defend Evangelion, like I actually care!
desertedsun

Postby desertedsun » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:54 am

What I say about Evangelion is factual! Why? Because I read director interviews and get it straight from the source! It's also found in the anime itself. Angel's wanna destroy the world, kids whining about how much they hate there father, and penguins running around the place- that's what Evangalion is, and I'd rather spend my time watching a sequel to the Cabbage Patch Kids. Anyway-
Castlevania definetely does need to be made into an anime. The games provide enough story to make several long running series for Castlevania. 8th MS Team needed to be a lot longer. I also think that Photon needs a sequel and Tenchi needs to stop being made after the 3rd OVA comming out soon. All the Tenchi's got really boring and re-used everything from past series'. I don't care about Oh My friggin Goddess, and tell LorentzForce to defend Evangelion, like I actually care!
desertedsun

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:25 am

That's a pretty flippant attitude. Please watch yourself. I'd hate to see this thread get closed, for something it wasn't even focused on.
uc pseudonym

Postby desertedsun » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:37 am

Just in case you didn't know, I STARTED THIS THREAD! I don't know why this thread would get closed down, just because people are posting there opinions?
People on this thread always talk about NGE and then they type let's not talk about NGE after they just did. So if you don't want to get your feelings hurt, then don't talk about NGE and I'll shut up about it as well.
desertedsun

Postby esuteru » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:07 am

Bobtheduck wrote:Anime Sequal: I would like to see the Nadesico Game turned into pure anime format and released over here since it contains many important parts of the story that we're not going to see otherwise (no chance in helsinki the game is gonna get translated...)

Is that actually somekind of saying or something?
"no chance in helsinki...blaa blaa blaa" XD

But back to the actual topic^^;

I wish that they would make anime/3D CG movie series out of FF4,something like LOTR :D .
Secret of Mana would be nice too,such adventuring.Castlevania definetly,some short series or a high quality movie would be so nice(but I'm just speaking of the SOTN now B-) ).

The Tekken anime was real dissappointing,as the Final Fantasy one -_-
esuteru

Postby Mave » Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:20 am

erm....do allow me to say something since I was the first one to mention NGE. I NEVER intended to discuss whether it was anti-christian or not when I suggested it shouldn't be made into a sequel. From what I understand during the NGE craze period, fans requested/'demanded' another sequel to be made since they were not satisfied with the ending of the TV series. Well, the producers relented and came out with the 'movies/OVA?', right? (do correct me if I'm wrong)

based on the amount of whining from fans...(haha), I think the movies were even worse in explaining the ending and brought up more protests. I've watched the movies myself and nothing really made much sense. IMO, that's a sequel that just shouldn't have been...So, my original point is sometimes, it's not a good idea to do a sequel even if the fans are screaming for one. After all, you can never please everyone. In this case, NGE shouldn't make any more sequels NOT due to its question of being anti-christian but simply because no one's gonna be happy with the ending anyway...or everyone's plain tired of trying to understand what happened in the end. :lol:

I really should have made it more clear of what I wanted to share. My bad my bad. Peace, everyone? Come on, this topic is not worth getting frustrated with or at least it shouldn't be involved in this particular thread. Take it easy :cool:

Does anyone know about the manga "Angel Heart"? It's a spinoff from City Hunter and it's kinda sad..... :( I almost wished they didn't make this title but it's still a good series.
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:26 am

Don't feel guilty about mentioning NGE, that's perfectly legitimate for this topic. What was unnecessary (I have no idea who did it) was saying the series was bad. That's the sort of thing that will start arguments, with the big fans we have around here. But hey, the thread's still going, right?

You know, a Metroid anime wouldn't be half bad at all. For that matter, I'm surprised I didn't mention a Legend of Zelda anime.

This is a bit odd, but I could go for a good Captain N series. For those of you who remember it, you know what I'm talking about. But a well made anime with the same premise could be good.
uc pseudonym

Postby inkhana » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:30 am

No more talk about NGE. Period. Good or bad. You're not just talking to UC now, desertedsun.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:03 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Don't feel guilty about mentioning NGE, that's perfectly legitimate for this topic. What was unnecessary (I have no idea who did it) was saying the series was bad. That's the sort of thing that will start arguments, with the big fans we have around here. But hey, the thread's still going, right?

You know, a Metroid game wouldn't be half bad at all. For that matter, I'm surprised I didn't mention a Legend of Zelda game.

This is a bit odd, but I could go for a good Captain N series. For those of you who remember it, you know what I'm talking about. But a well made anime with the same premise could be good.

A Metroid and Zelda game and a Captain N tv series? You're way before your time? Hehehe

Do you mean a Metroid Anime, or were you just making a joke? I think a Metroid anime would be great... As would a Final Fantasy 6 anime (that tells the whole story, not that "continues" it like Legend of the Crystals did for 5) There was an American Zelda TV show (at least I hope that was american)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:05 pm

esuteru wrote:Is that actually somekind of saying or something?
"no chance in helsinki...blaa blaa blaa" XD

No... It's a euphamism... A euphamism I wouldn't say in normal conversation, I might add... I try to stay away from them, but I need to obey the rules of the board. It is a somewhat common euphamism, though... Not that much...
Bobtheduck

Postby Haibane Shadsie » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:58 pm

I just want to say that some people around here (glares at desertedsun) need something called tact.

I have been on a lot of non-Christian boards, where people were downright hostile to my beliefs on things. My first big message board, a Pokemon board, quickly became like this, strangely enough. Anyway, there are certain things regarding faith that others think of as just opinion or even offensive. Even when addressing something that I know to be a fact in my heart, I could not come out and say it as such and keep my head over there. Instead, I tried to go about stating things with a little tact, in terms such as "This is what I believe" rather than coming out and saying "this is fact".

I've gotten into other kinds of arguments on said board... political and stuff... I've learned how to state my opinions and beliefs in such a way as to be at least somewhat "classy" about it. I suggest that the same be done here - espeically with something as subjective as anime.

Yep, Oh, My Goddess needs more. I've seen a little bit of the Adventures of the Mini Goddesses, though, I guess that can be thought of as a sequel. Hehehee. I wanna see more.

It's not anime, except for "The Animatrix" but... I really don't think the Matrix movie needed sequels. Yes, I saw "Revolutions" yesterday and enjoyed it, but... really, I think the first Matrix movie was the best. Oh, and the Animatrix. The Animatrix rules.
"We will never give up and despair, for we are on a mission from God." __ Hellsing, Vol. 2.
Haibane Shadsie

Postby inkjet1987 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:06 pm

How about a Zone of the Enders Anime. Or is there one? I don't now but that would be pretty cool.
inkjet1987

Postby Michael » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:28 pm

<I'm just afraid that if Trigun continued... that it would be a great series that would get ruined in the end - like The X-Files. I've been traumatized by the last season of The X-Files. It makes me afraid for all good series of... anything.>

I thought X-Files ended well enough. Though it didn't answer many questions.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby WeeL » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:00 pm

OK! Bebop shouldnt make a sequel at all because [spoiler= of Spike]Spike died and it wouldnt be any good without Spike[/spoiler]. Trigun's sequal would have to have an even better story to be any good. SD gundam needs more episodes! :grin:

DBZ should stop now while they're behind. The show Ninja Scroll I havent seen yet but I doubt they are any good compared to the movie. MegaMan shouldnt have a t.v show and Sonic's old tv show was the bomb, new one proably stinks (only have seen one episode).

Rurouni Kenshin should be a video game definitlee.
wee!
WeeL

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:09 pm

Actually, I'm not too big on sequels being made...I'm a firm believer in leaving well enough alone. ^^;

Actually, I think there was a sequel to Ninja Scroll called Sword For Truth or something like that. Somebody that has some time on their hands might wanna look that up.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby desertedsun » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:57 am

I just got I private message from Ashley. Here it is-

Hey there--
I just read your latest posts on the "anime sequel" thread. All I can say is, whoa, tone it down a bit, ok? You seemed to lash out at a few people--UC Psuedonym in particular. Some of the older members, like UC, were just trying to help you---we've had more than one thread on NGE closed because it got brutal. They just didn't want to see it happen again. So no, it's not wrong to post your opinions about the shows, we just ask you be courteous as you do so. That's all. So from now on, try not to bite everyone's head off when they try to help from getting you in trouble, ok?
Ashley

I don't know why people keep sending me private messages like this one. I thought no more about NGE. I was done with it. It thought it was over, then I checked my private messages and found that some people love rekindling arguments. Can you NGE lovers keep to your selves please? I don't care if this thread is closed! I have never attacked anyone about NGE. All I do is give factual information about it. I know I'm the most hated person on this thread, but I still hate NGE and I don't care if everyone else loves it.
desertedsun

Postby desertedsun » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:59 am

Sword for Truth is not a sequel to Ninja Scroll. Ninja Scroll only has a 26 episode series and a Movie.
desertedsun

Postby Nia-chan » Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:18 am

I wonder if they should make a sequel for Princess Monoke? And Spirited Away. And Castle in the Sky.
Don't make me hit you with my pocketbook :angel:
Nia-chan

Postby bemanisuperstar » Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:43 am

desertedsun wrote:Sword for Truth is not a sequel to Ninja Scroll. Ninja Scroll only has a 26 episode series and a Movie.

It's 13 episodes and there's a sequel coming up to the movie.

For those that like iria there are live action movies.

The Bebop creator said he might do more.

I want more FLCL
bemanisuperstar

Postby inkhana » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:51 am

desertedsun wrote:I don't know why people keep sending me private messages like this one. I thought no more about NGE. I was done with it. It thought it was over, then I checked my private messages and found that some people love rekindling arguments. Can you NGE lovers keep to your selves please? I don't care if this thread is closed! I have never attacked anyone about NGE. All I do is give factual information about it. I know I'm the most hated person on this thread, but I still hate NGE and I don't care if everyone else loves it.

You got those PMs because you were being obnoxious to those who do enjoy it (and, as my memory serves, those who love Ah My Goddess also). Not because you like NGE.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby inkjet1987 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:45 pm

More Bebop....the thought brings a tear of joy to my eye. :sniffle:
inkjet1987

Say what?

Postby Stephen » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:07 pm

"I don't know why people keep sending me private messages like this one. I thought no more about NGE. I was done with it. It thought it was over, then I checked my private messages and found that some people love rekindling arguments. Can you NGE lovers keep to your selves please? I don't care if this thread is closed! I have never attacked anyone about NGE. All I do is give factual information about it. I know I'm the most hated person on this thread, but I still hate NGE and I don't care if everyone else loves it."

First off, Ashley is the founder of this site, and she can PM you whatever she likes. For you to act like you can tell her what to do is hilarious. It honostly made me laugh from your lack of forum common sense. You also might want to have a clue what your talking about before you run your mouth. In the past Ashley has shown that she is in fact, anti-NGE. Just not a loud-mouth flammer as you are becoming about it. She said what she said to get things to settle down...for your own personal info...a lot of people here do not like NGE (such as myself) But we are mature enough not to go around screaming NGE IS EVIL ITS THE DEVIL LETS BURNINATE THIS SINFUL SMUT! Personal conviction...learn about it. Don't bash other Christians for having different convictions...thats silly an immature. Also, when a mod or Admin PM's you...while I speak only for myself...you are free to show the world whatever I say to you...it was done to keep it personal. Ashley is about the nicest on the staff to deal with...She tryed very warm and kindly to tell you this. And now I will...cut the crap with the NGE ok? Its over. If you keep this up your only gonna dig yourself deeper into a little hole. I hope making me come off as a big mean Admin now clears up any confusion. I hate doing stuff like this on site...as it in the past has caused fights with members...but since you clearly just spit on a nice PM sent to you by the head cheese....I figured this needed to be done. If you have any more issues feel free to PM me...trust me, I think its in your best interest to take this to PMs.
Stephen

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:40 am

Bobtheduck wrote:A Metroid and Zelda game and a Captain N tv series? You're way before your time? Hehehe

Do you mean a Metroid Anime, or were you just making a joke? I think a Metroid anime would be great... As would a Final Fantasy 6 anime (that tells the whole story, not that "continues" it like Legend of the Crystals did for 5) There was an American Zelda TV show (at least I hope that was american)

No, I'm just stupid. It has been edited. Obviously, I meant a Metroid and Zelda anime (I refuse to acknowledge the previous Zelda tv show, as it really annoyed me and I thought it was horrible). As for Captain N... I'd focus on the fact that I used the adjective "good."

Shatterheart wrote:NGE IS EVIL ITS THE DEVIL LETS BURNINATE THIS SINFUL SMUT!

That put me in a much better mood. Thanks.
uc pseudonym

Postby Fry-cook-boy » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:22 am

They definetly need to make the Nadesico game into an anime, plus Front Mission 3 needs to be made into an anime.
Sadly this signature has been deleted.
Fry-cook-boy

Postby desertedsun » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:42 pm

Besides NGE being the worst anime ever created, I have never bashed anyone for liking crappy anime's! I know I'm the only one on this forum that hates NGE, but that doesn't mean that all of you have to gang up on me with Private Messages that I don't want to read anyway. I could care less if ASHLEY kicks me off of the forums! I dare her to try it!
desertedsun

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews