The Cowboy Bebop Movie

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

The Cowboy Bebop Movie

Postby Rashiir » Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:22 am

Dude this thing is rad. I think it came out a couple years ago in Japan, but I just saw tonight it in the theater. It was awesome--the music, the animation, the story--it was all just really really good. I think it was probably the best movie i've seen this year. It was clean too...well, there was a lot of blood, but there kinda had to be because the story was based on blood, but overall it was pretty clean. Faye wore her usual attire, but the other girl was pretty modest. Heck, she wore the Islamic-cover-up-your-whole-body-except-your-eyes-wear for one scene. It was pretty violent, typical Cowboy Bebop. Oh man Spike was so cool...from the very beginning, too. The way he breaks up the hold-up, oh man it was cool. It had some Christian/Catholic stuff in it too...purgatory, heaven and hell, etc... This movie turned my sister and her friend around, who used to make fun of their boyfriends, my brother and me for watching "those cartoons." They used to call it "animee" just to **** us off ;) . But they really enjoyed it. THEY WANTED TO SEE IT AGAIN! Wow. Has anyone else seen it? Is it showing near you?
Rashiir

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:08 am

It ain't showing here. Injustice. ; _ ; I'd like to see it in the theatres but noooo. ><
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Shinja » Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:03 pm

yeah i thought the movie was awsome too, though i wish i could have seen it in the teater. i was going to drive all the way up to washington dc and check it out but i didnt have time with school and all, and sleeping in my car in downtown dc doesnt sound too fun
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Rashiir » Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:06 pm

Dude that's lame because if it was released to the open market, it would do really well, i think, because it was a really good movie.
Rashiir

Postby Jimmothy » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:51 am

I hope they bring it to Adult Swim. It wasn't showing near me eather.:sniffle:
"Go with God's protection.....and hey, thanks for the apple"
Wolfwood
AIM: papervase
Jimmothy

Postby firefly » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:57 am

I read somewhere that adult swim was planning on showing that movie
firefly

Postby madphilb » Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:48 pm

I saw an ad in NewType USA that it's supposed to come out on DVD sometime this month (if it already hasn't).

I'll have to see if I can find the ad again.

PHIL
madphilb

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews