request

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

request

Postby KarateGirl » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:09 pm

Ok, i am poor :stressed: and i don't have a good way to get my hands on much anime (cartoon network just doesn't cut it anymore :drool: ) and i was wondering if somone could do a review on "NieA_7" ???
Thanks for your time.

Late,
-KG :thumb:
KarateGirl

Postby Gypsy » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:19 pm

NieA_7 is on my "to look into" list, among many, many others. But I'll be sure to let you know when I do see it, as I'm sure anyone else would do. Maybe I could suggest another clean anime title to you. What genres do you find catching?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby KarateGirl » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:18 pm

Gypsy wrote:NieA_7 is on my "to look into" list, among many, many others. But I'll be sure to let you know when I do see it, as I'm sure anyone else would do. Maybe I could suggest another clean anime title to you. What genres do you find catching?

Well, i guess i am kinda drawn to light-hearted stuff. Nothing with evil life threatening plots. I sorta tend to zone at the most important "fight sceans" :drool: with those. I like the everyday kinda things i guess..hah, i have never really sat down and thought about this. I have been into anime for about 4 years, you'd think i would have a genera nailed down by now. :sweat:
Hope i wasn't to vague!

-KG
KarateGirl

Postby Spiritsword » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:52 pm

Hmmm...maybe I should just let Gypsy answer this, but for your $ and interests I would have to say Fruits Basket. Not only do you get a lot of episodes per DVD (good value!), the series has both light-hearted and serious moments (but the seriousness is based on strong character relationships and development rather than action). The animation is excellent, and the everyday things are there--you can really identify with several of the characters (if not all on at least some level). That would be my first recommendation.
Spiritsword

Postby Gypsy » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:11 am

Couldn't have said it better myself, Spiritsword. Here's the review for it: http://www.christiananime.net/forum...hread.php?t=135

Princess Nine is also an excellent series. It's about a high school girl's baseball team trying to stay in a league of guys and win the championship. I've got an official review of it in the making, but the show has excellent character development. It's not a "girls are just as good as boys!" show, nor is it a straight sports anime (good thing, because I don't care for baseball in the least). The animation is lacking, but it's still a good title.

Chance Pop Session is another really good anime without mechs and plots to overthrow the world. Review .... http://www.christiananime.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2780&goto=postid

A Little Snow Fairy Sugar is adorable. Risky Safety is a new, cute, yet very different anime. St. Tail is a very light hearted magical girl anime that deals with everyday things - as in, there's no evil and all powerful empress trying to take suck all the energy out of the world.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews