[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Anyone know .... - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Anyone know ....

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Anyone know ....

Postby Gypsy » Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:19 pm

WHY Final Fantasy Spirits Within is always filed under anime? Or maybe that only annoys me.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Rashiir » Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:53 pm

Because the only reason anyone went to see that movie was because they liked Final Fantasy, which is Japanese. And it's computer animation, so...there are reasons for it, good or bad.
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby Michael » Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:25 pm

Good question... Was it actually made by SquareSoft?
Michael

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:29 pm

The only reason I wanted to see the movie was to hear Uematsu's music. I was disappointed to learn that someone else did the music; that did the whole movie in for me.
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby shooraijin » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:57 pm

I went for the technology, and on the whole I wasn't disappointed (although the mo-cap seemed stilted in some portions).
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby blue elf » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:46 am

I didn't really like the movie, but the animation was superb. It was the story that I found lacking. I think Squaresoft should stick to making games, but that's just me. :sweat: It bugs me when it's clissified as anime too cause I thought that a lot of the movie was actually made in a studio in Hawaii, but I could be wrong. Oh well, I'm done now. lol :lol:
-BlueElf :dance:
blue elf

Postby Michael » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:22 am

I'd been begging my Dad to rent the DVD. Finally he did and it turned out to be awful.

I mean was it actually made by the same FF crew?
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Gypsy » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:32 am

shooraijin wrote:I went for the technology

Same here. The first time someone asked me what it was about - I couldn't answer them. I was watching thinking things like how many filters were used for this and that effect, and what the total rendering time was. After watching it again, it was actually pretty dumb. And, as a big FF fan, I really didn't see too much in it to make it Final Fantasy. Other than the name Cid, and the fact there was an air ship. I found the Making of Final Fantasy Spirits Within much better than the actual movie. Also, the Michael Jackson dance spoof was pretty funny.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Rashiir » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:52 am

I liked the movie, cause it had a surprise ending. I was like, "What!?! It's over?"
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby MasterDias » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:41 pm

I thought the movie was lacking a lot myself although the special effects were pretty cool. Square is an excellent company but they should indeed stick to video games.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby shooraijin » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:36 pm

> cause it had a surprise ending. I was like, "What!?! It's over?"

ROFL!!!!!!! That is *soooo* true! :grin:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby madphilb » Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:08 pm

MasterDias wrote:Square is an excellent company but they should indeed stick to video games.

I had read or something, somewhere that Square decided to do just that, after the "failure" of their movie.

Personally I think one of it's main problems was that the story didn't resonate with American audiences... don't know how the Japanese felt about it (anyone?).

PHIL
madphilb

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Aug 23, 2003 7:15 am

Rashiir wrote:I liked the movie, cause it had a surprise ending. I was like, "What!?! It's over?"

ROFL! Yep. I kept thinking it was gonna be like some of the FF games. You know, where the guys show up at the end and you realize that it wasn't such a lame ending after all. But it didn't.

Sigh. I mean, I didn't even get a dancing ewok out of the deal.

Oh, and the ray tracers were crap. I saw better lighting effects in Gerry's Game.

As far as clasifying it as anime, it is anime. But it's the acronym anime. You know, Animation Not Intended to Make Even (a little bit of sense).
Mithrandir

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews