What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby Kaori » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:05 am

So, quite a while ago (over a year ago), I watched Generator Gawl, which was one I had always wanted to watch and never gotten around to.

The premise was quite fascinating and had a lot of potential, and despite some paradoxes and plot holes was very interesting--but unfortunately, the whole first half of the series was monster-of-the-week fare with no plot development at all, and that was a bit painful to get through. Overall, though, the second half made it worthwhile, and I am glad I watched it. (And no matter what anyone says, that intro song is simply awesome.)

Recently, I just started watching the original Patlabor TV series (episodes 1-4).

Although I'm not very far into it yet, I am really enjoying it. In contrast to Generator Gawl, although the first 4 episodes each have a 1-episode plot arc, it's a different thing each time:
Episode 1 is about stopping an attempted theft of a labor robot.
Episode 2 is a tournament to decide positions within the squad.
Episode 3 shows viewers what the daily lives of the characters are like and is about some shenanigans which they have to cover up before the boss finds out what a mess they made.
Episode 4 is about going to capture a monster that somebody reported to the police.

I'm also enjoying the little cultural tidbits like the characters composing haiku and the green meadows song, as well as the humor of the series. (For example, I love the captain's deadpan reaction to everything.)
Kaori

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:31 am

Finished Fruits Basket and it was super cute. Once the remake is finished I'll probably watch that too. :lol:
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby MightiMidget » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:46 pm

Wow. It's been like. Five years since I've been here and I'm like poke. Is it alive? Oh well!

Only recently getting back into anime which has been surprisingly overwhelming... But went through Made in Abyss and The Promised Neverland in the last few months...I am currently going through Little Witch Academia on Netflix which is adorable.
MightiMidget

Postby Lady Arianrod » Wed May 08, 2019 9:53 pm

I enjoyed LWA too.

I'm currently watching My Hero Academia. I love it!
Lady Arianrod

Postby Lady Arianrod » Wed May 29, 2019 10:07 pm

I finished My Hero Academia Season 2. I just started watching the Fruits Basket reboot. I am loving it so far!
Lady Arianrod

Postby shooraijin » Thu May 30, 2019 4:23 pm

Without any spoilers, any substantial difference from the original series? I rather liked the original Fruits Basket and I'm sceptical there's much to improve.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby MangaRocks! » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:07 am

^ If I may interject: The difference is that this one is (over several seasons) actually going to finally follow the manga to its conclusion, which (in the source at least) is a far deeper and more emotionally amazing trip than you might expect. :jump:

(...Not at all biased here, of course; it's only my favorite manga of all time, LOL... ;) But for good reason, which I dearly hope this new adaptation will live up to! It's doing good so far, though. :thumb: )

TL;DR: Yes (soon, at least). :)
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby shooraijin » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:37 am

Well, then, actually finishing the story is a plus! :thumb:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby agasfas » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:53 pm

Recently finished Flame of Recca, Megalo Box, and Ace of Diamonds.
Currently on episode 53 of Boruto and Episode 5 of Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
agasfas

Postby Nate » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:13 am

Anyone who isn't watching Star Twinkle Precure is living their life wrong.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:20 pm

Currently watching Shield Hero and AoT. Not bad stuff. Highly recommend.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby SierraLea » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:13 am

I ploughed through My Hero Academia. Dang, there are some parts of that that I love, some characters that I hate, and so much to work with for my fellow fanfiction writers. This is a fun ride and it's not finished yet!
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:46 pm

SierraLea wrote:I ploughed through My Hero Academia. Dang, there are some parts of that that I love, some characters that I hate, and so much to work with for my fellow fanfiction writers. This is a fun ride and it's not finished yet!

That's a good'un! I wait for the next season with anticipation :^)
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby SierraLea » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:03 am

Since that's not out yet, I'm wasting time with Assassination Classroom. I hate anything to do with that school system, but Korosensei is hilarious!
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews