April Art Contest - post your entries here!

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

Postby Daiko-chan » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:28 pm

to Jedi Sonic: (Well, well... so I finally get to see and respond to you outside of the oekaki board- amazing!!)

-thank you for the information,
it seems like a great idea!

that way, they could save on their bandwidth~

to Kirehana:
^_^;; you're a bit late, I already gave that link to Chapel myself

-and keep trying for this contest, who knows
you could probably beat me!!

(I believe it.)
CAA-related:
[thread=11252][guidelines to CAA chat on deviantART][/thread] [daCAA]

Christian ministries:
[ApEX] [Boundless] [Focus on the Family] [Orthodoxy Today]

Daiko things:
[online shop] [some artwork at DA] [blog of a saint in training]

:thumb: GOOD totally FREE art programs:
[Art Rage] -emulates traditional media
[Pixia] -this is for digital art and photo editing...

I don't think I will ever post my own autobiographical story in the CAA's Who's Who or in the Welcome Area because as a forumite I was raised so that I should never do such a thing- I am open to change though...
Daiko-chan

Postby inkhana » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:37 pm

:lol: BTW, Daiko, I should have mentioned this before, but the reason I request that is because it's HIGHLY likely when I go back to pick out who actually entered (separating entry posts from conversation) I'll accidentally miss something. With thumbnails, I always see it...:D I don't want to forget anyone accidentally.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Ren_sama » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:21 pm

-ignore dis-
Ren_sama

Postby Kireihana » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:57 pm

Err... ok...

Anyway, I present to you Elijah Wood as Frodo Baggins, as anime! I was gonna make some nice colored pic, but drew this, and thought I'd just go ahead and enter it. It's actually a clip from some manga pages I'm doing from LotR.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kireihana

Postby the_lizardqueen » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:51 pm

This is my first time ever posting here, so please bare with me if I make any mistakes. I'm not entirely sure if this is quite 'anime' enough, although I really did try to draw in an anime style. I chose Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow, from my fave show Alias, as my subject.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the_lizardqueen

The 3rd contest and I'm finally posting!

Postby JediSonic » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:28 am

Okay I made a entry for once! :D

This 2-panel cartoon features my anime-izations of both my little brother and myself; the script has its origins in a conversation we had just as I was trying to think of something to draw.. (which turned out to be this, after I inspired myself with my rather out-of-place sense of humor :sweat: )
JediSonic

Wow!!

Postby Daiko-chan » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:13 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:This is my first time ever posting here, so please bare with me if I make any mistakes. I'm not entirely sure if this is quite 'anime' enough, although I really did try to draw in an anime style. I chose Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow, from my fave show Alias, as my subject.

*is amazed* o.0;; ...I ...wow.
-that is GOOD.

(doesn't look like my little brother
is going to win after all. ;_; -sigh-)

"first time ever"?!

o.@;; you are good,
oh...
welcome to the CAA~
CAA-related:
[thread=11252][guidelines to CAA chat on deviantART][/thread] [daCAA]

Christian ministries:
[ApEX] [Boundless] [Focus on the Family] [Orthodoxy Today]

Daiko things:
[online shop] [some artwork at DA] [blog of a saint in training]

:thumb: GOOD totally FREE art programs:
[Art Rage] -emulates traditional media
[Pixia] -this is for digital art and photo editing...

I don't think I will ever post my own autobiographical story in the CAA's Who's Who or in the Welcome Area because as a forumite I was raised so that I should never do such a thing- I am open to change though...
Daiko-chan

Postby Keely » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:18 pm

Ok, here's my little entry. Drew this a while back, when I was in high school that's pretty much how I looked then. So yeah. Have a great day ya'll!
Love it seems made flying dreams so hearts could soar . . .
Keely

Postby JediSonic » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:22 pm

Pretty! I think Chapel is going to win though :lol:
JediSonic

Postby Aka-chan » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:57 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised. That guy has serious talent.

But I’ll enter because the contest’s there. Anyway, it’s CAA’s own Kokoro Daisuke cosplaying Son Goku, to the puzzlement of…Son Goku. (Reference photo from the cosplay thread, used with permission.)
Aka-chan

my entry

Postby ThaKladd » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:01 am

My entry is a picture of Kevin Max from DC Talk :) I have only used Photoshop because my lack of scanner.

hope you like it

btw: very many great entries ;) :thumb:
We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby Danyasaur » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:58 am

well, here's mine. . . it's me. . . in my geek clothes. . . doin' kung fu. . . . yeah ._.
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby CobaltAngel » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:59 am

LOL, that reminds me of driving down the road, in my brothers car.... with him playing that song FULL BLAST! _._ I think its cats not kicks, but I'm not 100% sure. ^_~
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby JediSonic » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:32 pm

Interesting... I always assumed it was kicks :lol: So when are all these other oekaki artists going to put up their self-portraits? <_<
JediSonic

Postby inkhana » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:13 pm

Yes! We're seeing some very good entries! :D

BTW - if you entered a pic of a person that's not famous or there's no way we'd know what they look like (and you didn't attach a pic) it would be cool if you added a pic for comparison...:) It will probably help improve your score if you do.

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby chibi_chan » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:34 pm

I decided to draw my bro for the art contest because i admire him so much^^.

I tried to make his eyes as blue as i could but i think i should have done a lighter blue for the eyes.
for the shirt i put rei ayanami since she is his favorite anime chara (i think) and he likes to wear anime shirts.
happy go luck monkey!
ImageImage

akai tsuki wo nagameteta kara nakitai hodo boku no fuan wa
itsumo kioku no katasumi ni kasabuta mitai ni nokoru yo
itai kurai kirei datta kedo hikari no naka no boku no kage wo
ano takai kanransha de dareka ga waratta ki ga shita

hitsuji no kigurumi wo kita mama yaseta otoko no ko ga odokete
haku iki wo shiroku sasete inoru youni te wo awaseta
ano ko to sora no aida ni wa toumei na nanika ga aru kara
kitto negai wa todokanai sukoshi samuku naru yuuenchi

nanimokamo uso ni naru daremo inaku naru

boku no naka no boku wo itsuka katai GARASU bin ni tsumete
hi no ataru niwa no kadan ni koneko to issho ni umeyou
mizutamari ni utsuru kao wa tsumetai ame de gushagusha ni
chigireteitta ato ni tada no iro ni kawaridashita yo

maboroshi no BERU ga nari keshiki ga kasumi daseba
nanimokamo uso ni naru daremo inaku naru

boku no naka no boku wo itsuka katai GARASU bin ni tsumete
hi no ataru niwa no kadan ni koneko to issho ni umeyou
mizutamari ni utsuru kao wa tsumetai ame de gushagusha ni
chigireteitta ato ni tada no iro ni kawaridasu yo

yasashiku gin'iro no ame ga machi no subete ni furisosogu
michi no haji de sagashiteita boku wo yatto mitsuketa
isu no ue ni hana no ue ni ashi ga nai roba no senaka ni
komakai ame ga furisosogu boku no ue ni mo _____.
song: Hontou no Uso by PLastic Tree lyrics:anime lyrics
chibi_chan

Postby CobaltAngel » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:40 pm

JediSonic wrote:Interesting... I always assumed it was kicks :lol: So when are all these other oekaki artists going to put up their self-portraits? <_<

I'm probably wrong... that's just the way my brother and I have always sung it...

I'm not posting my self-portrait because I already entered. ^_~ I usaully don't make contest pictures on oekaki because photoshop works better for me, for some reason. Part of it is probably that I dodn't feel pressured to finish before it gets buried under other people's images. XD

I love the eyes on Chibi-chan's picture. :)
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Kireihana » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:51 pm

Yeah, there are some very beautiful entries here! Now I'm wishing I had colored mine. ^^ Aka-chan, you are so awesome with colored pencils!
Kireihana

Postby Aka-chan » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:08 am

Sankyuu, Kireihana-chan! Actually, I really like the simplicity of the linework in yours. I hope you don't mind I archived it in my computer already (just for me to look at without wading through the thread. Don't worry, I won't reproduce it or any of that blah.)

So that's what your brother looks like, chibi_chan. Elric_kun, you bishie! Lol.

Fun stuff overall.
Aka-chan

Postby Kireihana » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:23 pm

Aka-chan wrote:Sankyuu, Kireihana-chan! Actually, I really like the simplicity of the linework in yours. I hope you don't mind I archived it in my computer already (just for me to look at without wading through the thread. Don't worry, I won't reproduce it or any of that blah.)

It's no problem. :sweat:
Kireihana

Postby inkhana » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:07 pm

Angel37's entry (she had difficulty posting because of the image size). I hope the cropping of the source pic was ok...^^;;

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby weebird » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:14 am

WOW!!! all the enteries are so amazing! such awesome talent :thumb: good job everyone!!!

ok...i've been working on this all month....and Skynes has been bugging me about entering it in this competition, even saying if i didn't post it he would! so im not giving him the chance :P here it is.....its based on the photo of me and Scott (sorry its a little blurry and bright). I sketched it out then scanned it into PhotoShop and coloured it...hope u like it, cus im kina new to this CG stuff.
Jeremiah 29:11, TLB. "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

I asked Jesus how much he loved me and he said this much...and he stretched out his hands and died for me.
weebird

Postby Angel37 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:06 pm

*bows to Inkhana* Ari gatou for help! Geez...seeing him on this board makes me feel odd...*pokes pic of her ex* Oh well....I'm happy with it! Thanks for posting! ^_^
-Angel
Angel37

Postby ~Sara~ » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:23 pm

I gotta tell ya, I worked on this like 2 hours. Ha ha, I remembered when I showed it to my younger sister, she kept saying that right one, Juli has weird nose. So, I drew it again and she still kept saying that it's weird and I'm getting tired and I gave up. Anyway, I didn't trace it, many people thought I did, but I didn't. I hope U will understand that. It's portrait of Juli and Juni from in Street Fighter. I hope U will like it. :rock:
And.. If u are going to ask me that am I going to colored my portrait, No, I'm not going because the coloring will messes it up, everytime I colored, it messed it up.
"Love me faithfully!/See how I am faithful:/With all my heart/And all my soul/I am with you/Though I am far away." -Anon

:rock: Anime & Manga Fans!!! :rock:
It's my board, I need more members and moderators. U can join it if u want to. ^^
~Sara~

Postby inkhana » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:42 pm

Hmm...I'm sorry but I have to disqualify your entry, Sara. This month's contest is about taking real people and converting them to anime form. Your entry unfortunately doesn't fit that criterium. I hope you don't take this personally, as you did a very nice job on the picture. It's just not quite what we're looking for.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby ~Sara~ » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:15 pm

Wh...AT?! *sobbing* Jk... No worries, it's ok. ^^ Oh, Thank u. :D
"Love me faithfully!/See how I am faithful:/With all my heart/And all my soul/I am with you/Though I am far away." -Anon

:rock: Anime & Manga Fans!!! :rock:
It's my board, I need more members and moderators. U can join it if u want to. ^^
~Sara~

Postby Aka-chan » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:55 pm

We should have a "realistic-ize an anime character" contest later! Lol.
Aka-chan

Postby esuteru » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:42 am

Aka-chan wrote:We should have a "realistic-ize an anime character" contest later! Lol.

wow,that would be great!
ah, hi^^;,I tried making an anime pic of my brother's wife.I can't even remember how much time I put into this,such intensive workingo_o
[color=996666]
Whoever you are
I hope you'll be alright
I hope you'll let the good Lord
Fight your fights
No matter what you hear
Whispered in your ear
Just remember that you're loved tonight
Loved tonight
[/color][color=999999]
"You're loved tonight",Randy Stonehill
[/color]
esuteru

Postby Kireihana » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:41 pm

Wow, that looks very much like your brother metalmiku! Great job!
Kireihana

Postby Angelchick » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:18 pm

I drew Lori from Skillet.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Previous Next

Return to Art Contests