March Art Contest - post your entries here!

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

March Art Contest - post your entries here!

Postby inkhana » Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:40 pm

Please note that the rules for this contest have changed slightly. Please make sure you read and understand them before starting or entering your entry.

Questions? Please PM me rather than posting them here.

This month's theme is - fan wallpapers! Unlike previous contests, you MAY use official artwork as part of your theme. If you choose to use fanart in your composition, please credit the artist either in your post or within the image itself. Wallpapers MUST feature a known anime, manga, or video game character.

The image can be any normal size wallpaper (ie, 800x600 or 1024x768), but please keep it to these standard sizes.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled rules...;)

//Anyone who wishes to participate will post their entry in this thread only! All entries appearing in other threads will not be taken into consideration.

//All entries will, most importantly, comply with the general rules of CAA. Entries with a sexual connotation of any kind (including but not limited to hentai, yaoi and yuri), as well as those with graphic violence or profanity, are instantly disqualified. The judges reserve the right to exclude an entry if they feel that it is fanart based upon an unwholesome anime title. Entries that do not have some relation with the current art contest theme will be disqualified also.

//All entries MUST be received before April 1. At the end of the contest, all entries will be submitted to a judging panel previously chosen by the admins and mods of CAA. NOTE: Judging will be based on only ONE factor - creativity. When a winner is selected, the winning entry will be placed on the front page of CAA and their name will be announced in a new thread.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby FATa|_3rR0r » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:30 pm

My entry. Me hopes you likes. It is From (as you may have guessed) AzuManga Daioh, A 'clean' anime/manga, But very much KAWAI!!!! i think its kool, the manga is very funny. Please find attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FATa|_3rR0r

Postby Kenchii » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:56 pm

This is a collage I did awhile ago (two months) and I just took a bunch of characters and put them together for my own wallpaper. I touched it up with my primited Photoshop skills, and added the name 'Kenchii' too it. *Note: Bawitback is on there because I am also known as Bawitback.

Anime: Naruto, Trigun, Digimon, Gad-Guard, Dot Hack, Invator Zim, SD Gundam, Evangelion, FLCL, Street Fighter, Fighter-Cat-Thinggie, and important of all.. THE DANCING BANANA!!

:lol: :sweat:

(800x600)

EDIT: Aww geez, I waited about fifteen min.s waiting for it to upload on my 56k, and it was soo large.. :( I tryed compressing it, but it says 940kb. Is there a way I can send it too some one though email? Its normal file size is 1.23MB thanks.
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby inkhana » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:09 pm

It sounds like you've got it in a BMP format or something comparable, Kenchii. If you make it into a JPEG the board should accept it a lot easier...most other image types break the filesize limit...>.<

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Kenchii » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:44 pm

Alright. Thanks inkhana, I forgot about that!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby Shinja » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:38 pm

BWAHHHHAA im not going to take part but im posting it anyway.

inkhana did the work :thumb:
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Savior_Sora » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:53 pm

Here's my entry. This guy is awesome. I just have to put it up. I don't know much about him but his name is Wave. He's from Ansem Report.

EDIT

oops I think I messed up...It's not exactly a wallpaper :p...Lemme get another one and put up here......Okies done!!! The same guy did this one (Wave).....Um it's too big to put up...How can I get it on here w/o putting it IN the post?

EDIT

EDIT2

Ok the background I'm gonna put up is by a different person "Queen Shiva" of Ansem Report. It is just too cool :D!!

EDIT2
-"How do we prove we exist...maybe we don't exist."

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

-"It's not the fall that kills you...It's the sudden stop at the end."

Savior_Sora

Postby inkhana » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:23 pm

What you need to do is upload it to your own webspace and use the [img] tags to place it inside your post. Or you can reduce the filesize as I was talking about before to Kenchii...increase the compression on the file itself, make it smaller, or make sure that it's in JPG format, then upload the image as an attachment, as normal. That's most likely your problem. If it keeps giving you fits, let me know and I'll have you email it to me to put up...:)

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby LorentzForce » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:47 am

And here's my entry. I usually don't enter competitions, but what the heck for a 5 hour job.

[edit] Oh, forgotten. Ages past, but regardless; the image is from MegaTokyo, the character being Piroko. The art was hand-drawn by Fred, then I just did some 5 hour work on it (pathing it) and tada. Slapped on the background and resized it to a wallpaper.
LorentzForce

Postby Siren of Lyrics » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:27 am

LorentzForce wrote:...

And here's my entry. I usually don't enter competitions, but what the heck for a 5 hour job.

I don't usually enter because I can't draw
Note I did not draw any of this art.
My theme is final fantasy crystal chronicles
"The Great Mizuti never lie. Only sometimes. Occationally. Every now and then."
~The Great Mizuti from Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

"Cast your eyes on the ocean,
Cast your soul to the sea.
When the dark night seems endless,
Please remember me."
Dante's Prayer by Loreena McKennitt

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
Siren of Lyrics

Postby Haibane Shadsie » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:55 pm

May we use wallpapers we've made not specificially for this contest? I have a really cute Kuroneko wallpaper I made a long time ago that I'd like to show everyone if nothing else.

I was thinking of doing a my own fanart wallpaper anyway... I have this idea about Reki from Haibane Renmei... but I need to get unlazy and draw her as I want her for the wallpaper. If I do that this month, if it turns out well, I'll make that my official entry...

But, I still want to show of my Kuroenko paper. I used a scan of real kitty litter for it.
"We will never give up and despair, for we are on a mission from God." __ Hellsing, Vol. 2.
Haibane Shadsie

Postby inkhana » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:12 pm

Yes, you may do so, Haibane. Just as long as the wallpaper is your original creation, there are no probs.

There is also no problem with the *cough* PM button *cough*.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

heres sora!

Postby HikariChan » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:47 pm

mines not working so i had to edit this post!! sorry!!

My mom does NOT go to college
:P
HikariChan

Location: -Where I practice flying with my Imagination-Big Ol' Texas-

Postby glitch1501 » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:10 pm

this is my entry, working on and off for a few days, i had alot of fun making it,
its the extra 1 from argento soma
hope you like it

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby ThaKladd » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:25 am

Here is my entry to this wallpaper contest.

Hope you like it :)
We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

I'm entered!

Postby Alexandra-chan » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:25 pm

Heres the pic for the contest. This is not that great of a pic. I usually do 100% better with other things. I probabally won't win but its worth a try. Sowwy for the lack of artistic look to this pic :( . Ja ne!
Alexandra-chan

Postby CobaltAngel » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:54 pm

Okay, this is a kinda old bg... but anyway! ^_^;; I used about 5 differant layers, and 3 differant programs to make this. The 3 bottom layers were created from scratch all with PhotoShop Elements. And all the digimon imgs used are offical, not copyrighted to me... no-no! LOL!

Its crap, but my best bg I've made. ^^;; Enjoy.
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Negotiatrix » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:33 pm

Here's my shot at wallpaper. Wow I love those filters! The Spike image is from animealliance's gallery. I'm not sure what you mean in the rules by "offical" art so I don't know if it's okay that I used it...?

The whole of Psalm 88 I think goes really well with Spike's character.
Negotiatrix

Postby Haibane Shadsie » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:35 am

Sorry about that... I think when I first read this topic, I skimmed over the posts and didn't catch that thing about PMing.

Anyway, I don't know when I'm going to get working on that Reki wallpaper - and I happen to have my Kuroneko wallpaper up on my desktop again and I realize how much I like it, so, I'll enter it (though I made it quite a while ago).

I put real kitty litter on my scanner for this. Fresh, unused, of course, right from the bag. Any other way would just be disgusting. I put a clear plastic sheet over my scanner before I put the litter on - for any of you out there like me who are inclined to scan weird things for their computer artwork.

The board wouldn't let me attatch it, so here's a link to it.

http://devotion.rhlem.net/fanart/nekopaper.jpg

Nyao.
"We will never give up and despair, for we are on a mission from God." __ Hellsing, Vol. 2.
Haibane Shadsie

Postby inkhana » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:01 am

Reminder bump...hehe

Are there any more entries?

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Retten » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:35 pm

Bump! Ok yeah I got an entry :) -Kenshin Of The Forest-
http://atlas.walagata.com/w/whiteblaze/keshinwall.jpg
Well this one was fun to make I got to experiment with 3 different medians of art Photo, Drawing, and Digital :thumb: I kind of went with the style "less is more" it just wanted to get a good *at a loss for words* mood and atmosphere from it. Enjoy!

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby MyrrhLynn » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:39 pm

inkhana wrote:Reminder bump...hehe

Are there any more entries?

:Edit: Ok then here is my entry. It's sort of ... different from most wallpapers I make because it says in the rules for this contest that the judging will be based on creativity. So I did my best to do something creative. Since my sister has become obsessed with scrapbooking lately I decided to do a wallpaper that made it look like someone was going to make a scrapbook of DNAngel.

Since some of you may not be familar with scrapbooking I'll go around the wallpaer explaining it. First is the scissors. Uh... hope I don't have to explain those. To the lower left of the scissors are photo holders which some people use to hold the photos on the page of the scrapbook. On the top is a gluestick, again I hope I don't have to explain that. ;) In the upper right are some small pics of the DNAngel characters. They're like those little punch paper things (like palm trees or planes, or whatever) that are used to decorate the scrapbook page. Underneath them is some glitter and some more photo holders, and then some scrapbook paper. I had to make those myself and I tried to pick typical patterns for scrapbook paper.

:Edit: Oh poo! I just thought of something. If you aren't familar with DNAngel you might look at some of the pics in the wallpaper and think it is a yaoi show. Well it isn't, they are just good friends. Actually it is technically impossible for there to be yaoi between those two but explaining why would be a spoiler. :sweat:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Angelchick » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:45 pm

lol yeah he did do a great one here's mine it's my first one!
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Zeth.exe » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:00 pm

Here's my background hope you like it
Zeth.exe

Postby inkhana » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:42 am

Time's up! *wince* Yeah, I should have locked this at midnight last night, but...well, I didn't do it, anyhow. Anyway, I'm off to get the judges!

Must...resist urge...to play April Fool's Day joke...>.<

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Return to Art Contests