September original character design contest!

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:02 pm

I think I'm gonna have to back out of the contest this month. Sorry! I've got lots of stuff that I'm working on (including the Sept. Coloring Contest), and my homework load has gotten pretty big, too. Maybe next month, though! :thumb:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:14 pm

If it will be one next month >_>

Still, thanks for consideration ^^
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Esoteric » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:22 pm

Well, I am working on one. It'll be done in a few days, but I kinda hope some other people post first, because I hate to be first.
Esoteric

Postby CobaltAngel » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:43 pm

Hmmm... I don't much time but I might see what I can do. :) I might submit something.
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:56 pm

Thankies a lot ^___^

Jingo Jaden

Postby USSRGirl » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:34 pm

Okie... I'M BACK!! And I still have no pencil... no photoshop... blah. XD

BUT!! I love art! And I love burning castles!!! Soooooo... I will come up with a hand-drawn entry in a few days. Sounds like fun, Jaden-san!
USSRGirl

Postby Myoti » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:16 pm

I'll be enterting, but it shall be awhile (GIMP time!!).
Myoti

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:29 pm

Awsome ^__^

Jingo Jaden

Postby USSRGirl » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:35 am

UGH. You had to pick a castle scene didn't you? I suck at drawing castles. But this one turned out pretty good. This was drawn with uh... a pen! A gel pen to be precise. On paper. That I stole from Reverend Mounce's university. I touched up the sky and letters in MS Paint because they looked grainy.

Bio: (*copy pastes from site*) Cold, cynical, and apathetic, Pisces has a rather selfish outlook on life. She was wished upon by General Isaacarre to bring an end to the war between Isonia and Farrei. It's a bit unusual for a star her age to be summoned, and she's not exactly thrilled about the arrangement. However, she hopes it will give her an opportunity to prove herself as an accomplished guardian to Lord Draco. While her standoffish nature makes her seem difficult at times, she is undeniably a natural when it comes to fighting and brave to a fault. Her only real weakness seems to be the strange nightmares that have plagued her ever since she was a child. Since coming to Evalarre, they seem to have gotten worst. . . .

History: Mmm? Well, this is a sketchy of a character from my novel. She’s leaning over the balcony watching the city of Farrei burn below. A flag is smoldering on the tower next to her. A ghostly solitary phoenix wing sticks out of her back as another fire blazes around her. Inspired by my one-wing angel kick a bit. It’s meant to be more symbolic than an actual scene…

Personality: Pisces’ is rather cold and apathetic, though not completely devoid of a healthy dose of spunk. She comes across as being uncaring, and a bit selfish. She’s a fearless warrior and typically uses a short dagger in battle. Deep down, she will fight to the death for the things and people closest to her.
USSRGirl

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:42 am

Ohhhhh, me likes it a lot USSRGirl, but there is just one thing missing, the character history/bio and personality ^^

I really liked that one, applause to the first entery :jump:

Jingo Jaden

Postby meboeck » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:50 am

I will probably not have time to enter this month, but we'll see. Jaden, don't give up if this doesn't get a lot of participants right away. Just keep doing it every month. The coloring contest went a long time with only a few people every month, and now it gets a large group. So just stick with this. :thumb:
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Tigerchu » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:20 pm

It can't be an original character that we make up(or we had inspiration for, or something)? The point is, you have to give us the background?
Have faith
-From somewhere in the Bible, and I agree with it

-God will only give you what you can take. He will not overwhelm you.
-From somewhere in the Bible

-Your faith becomes stronger when it's tested.
-I saw a Chinese guy with a cross on his restaurant desk in America. That's so cool. You can do that here. Not so much China.

I've recently been learning that I don't need to be "loud and pushy" to Evangelize; just living it out is enough witness. The problem was that I grew up around strong Evangelists (Korean Christians) and they were really into getting people involved and setting out to Evangelize, and me being a a yes-man (or yes woman) I was into trying to convert people.
I've been learning this lesson over the years, but have been trying to be pushy. Now I'm trying to ease off.
Tigerchu

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:34 pm

The host gives a senario, you make the background. When I say castle under fire you don't need to have the whole castle in veiw, your character can be in a hallway or something, but it should at least be a bit castle like and if not flames something pointing that flames are close ^^

Jingo Jaden

Postby Myoti » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:57 pm

Flargh... my character design looks alright, but the background is going to be... troublesome... as is the coloring... x_X

*sigh*
Myoti

Postby Esoteric » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:43 am

Well, I just finished mine. I was going to wait a little longer, but I'm sitting here killing time, so...why not? I went with a Japanese Castle undersiege, I just wish the character looked a little more Japanese, but oh well. The media is graphite+photoshop. I watermarked the image because it's eventually going to be put in my online gallery.

Name: General Teyon

Personality: Chivalrous/quiet.

Bio/History: From childhood, Teyon was raised to be a gentlman and soldier . Trained in all manner of weapons, he quickly gained a following among his peers as a gratious and honorable sportsman. His reputation gained him favor in Lord Kirimoto's eyes, and during a period of clan wars, Teyon was promoted through the ranks to an ashigaru daiymo (footsoldier general).
When the wars ended, Teyon was given one of Kirimoto's daughters, Miaso, for a wife in order to seal his loyalty. Teyon was also placed in charge of defending Kirimoto's castel estate and spent his days training and drilling his troops.
Years later, a treacherous surprise attack was launched upon the castle by a rival clan. (pictured) Though wounded in the inital arrow barrage, Teyon staunchly held the defenses on the north wall while his lord and family made their escape. As the castle burned around him and all seemed lost, Teyon vowed he would go down fighting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Esoteric

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:29 am

Estoric has skillzzzzz...
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Jingo Jaden » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:02 am

Oh my, that is one entry I say. Great skillz there, nicely done! ^^

Jingo Jaden

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:07 am

*updates*
USSRGirl

Postby Jingo Jaden » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:08 am

Thank you temmy, a fine entery you got there. ^__^

Jingo Jaden

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:47 pm

Oh my! Nice work Esoteric! No point me even entering now.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:17 pm

Thanks! ^_^ Sorry I haven't been able to view the others yet, I've been pretty busy. *goes to take a peak at everyone's entry*
USSRGirl

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:22 pm

Oooh *_*

Nice one Esoteric!! The chaos... me like it.

This was a challenging contest. I like the idea of having a background prompt. It makes me draw more... complicated things! XD
USSRGirl

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:04 am

Well you made a fine entery, so awsome that you joined ^^

Jingo Jaden

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:30 am

Okay, mine should be ready in a couple days, hopefully.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:31 am

Awsome, hope to see it soon ^^

Jingo Jaden

Postby Esoteric » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:12 am

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:Oh my! Nice work Esoteric! No point me even entering now.

*man, I've scared another one away...*

Hey, W4J, there is most certainly a good reason for you to enter your picture: because I want to see it! :lol: Seriously, don't give up guys! There's more than one winner in this contest, so go for it!

Good bio, USSR girl. I was wondering what was going on with Picses, but that totally cleared it up!
Esoteric

My Entry!

Postby Tarnish » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:54 pm

Tell me if I did something wrong! XD;;

Name: Halbarad (last name forgotten)

Personality/Bio: [removed]
Tarnish

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:56 pm

Whoa, Orenji! That's awesome! The storyline is so intriguing...I wanna know what happens! XD And Balin looks so...so cute!! XD Halbarad looks really great; I especially love the hat and the hair! His expression is cool, too!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:04 pm

Ohhhh, great use of blurry background there. It makes the character more highlighted ^^

Jingo Jaden

Postby Nami » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:36 am

Erk! I am looking at every elses entries and I was debating whether I should put my crappy picture up here.. *sweatdrop* Well.. here it goes..

I know its a little hard to tell things.. and that the lines aren't perfect.. but this is the first time I have actually inked something.. so forgive me!

And here is the profile!
------

Name: Ardere Prognatus

Personality: Ardere is strong and does not wish to mess with the rest of the world’s doings. He mostly is content to ignore and be ignored by the humans.

Bio/History: There was a time when elves were thought only to be myth, and most humans hated them. They were said to be a bad omen to others.

But if elves were bad omens, then Ardere was most definitely a curse! Everyone in his village hated him for being a half-breed; Ardere never knew what they were talking about until his mother told him.

Ardere wanted to know why being half vampire and half elf was so wrong, but his mother simply shook her head.

Years later when war raged among humans and elves, Ardere found his mother dead among the rubble of their city, he pledged he would not rest until he found the one who did this to her.

Ardere traveled far and wide searching for many years, until he burst from the fresh shades of the green leaves of the trees, and there he saw it, a castle under siege.

Humans fighting Humans, he sighed and watched. And whispered to the mourning wind. “So…. It has begun!â€
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Previous Next

Return to Art Contests