The August Coloring Contest

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:32 am

CR!!! i love your piccy!! ^.^

you really made it different. awsome work. ^-^

Puguni, that is awsome!!! i love the flame idea!! XD

Vernhal, i love it, its so sci-fi-ish! XP
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:54 am

Thanks CR and Chibi!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:20 pm

OK! It's finished! I'm really happy with how it turned out! :D

With this one, I decided to go the "Toy Story" route, because after looking at the lineart for a bit, I thought it looked like a cuter version of one of those Trolls that they used to sell back in the 80's and 90's! XD So, I put it on a shelf in a bedroom. XD Major awesome points to the person (besides you, Savannah...XD) who can tell me for what band that poster on the wall is shamelessly plugging. XD

Anyways, hope you guys like it! :D

EDIT: Ack, hold on...for some reason, it didn't save it as a .jpg file like I wanted....O_o I'll have the real thing up in a few minutes! XD;

EDIT: Ok, this should work! :thumb:

EDIT: Grahgh, so I had to save it in Paint, and now it's all pixelated...Let me try it again, hold on. XD

EDIT: OK. XD For some reason, everything went wrong after I saved this file in Photoshop, and so I had to take a screen shot of the original file in Windows Picture and Fax viewer, and then I cropped that, did a little re-sizing, and NOW I have the picture I wanted to submit. XD Still not the same quality as the first version, but this'll have to do. XD Sorry for the confusion! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:24 pm

i win i win! \o.o/
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby meboeck » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:46 pm

Wow! Both your entries are amazing! *still hasn't even started* :sweat:
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Puguni » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:46 pm

[quote="Radical Dreamer"]OK! It's finished! I'm really happy with how it turned out! :D

With this one, I decided to go the "Toy Story" route, because after looking at the lineart for a bit, I thought it looked like a cuter version of one of those Trolls that they used to sell back in the 80's and 90's! XD So, I put it on a shelf in a bedroom. XD Major awesome points to the person (besides you, Savannah...XD) who can tell me for what band that poster on the wall is shamelessly plugging. XD

Anyways, hope you guys like it! :D

EDIT: Ack, hold on...for some reason, it didn't save it as a .jpg file like I wanted....O_o I'll have the real thing up in a few minutes! XD]

Whoa, awesome shading. ;_; And zomg, a background! Good job. X3!
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:53 pm

WOW That's really great, RD!! I really love the colors and the backround!! WELL DONE!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Esoteric » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:31 pm

Wooooooooow..... feels sooooo behind.... T_T

The diversity is stunning! It's funny, Pugini, but I thought the hair looked very flame-like as well. Cool. Vernhal, the execution of your idea is very effective. Good composition. Great entrys everyone!
Esoteric

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:29 pm

Thanks everybody! I can't wait to see all the rest of the entries; it's so exciting to see everyone's different ideas on what the picture should be (especially you, CR-chan, that was a totally creative way to color it!)! :thumb:
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:29 am

Awesome Radical dreamer! I love the idea!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Photosoph » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:34 pm

That's such a cute pic, Puguni! And the linework's so clean and nice... :drool:

Chibiphonebooth:
I love the soft colours -and those textured brushes are so cool! You've combined them for a really nice effect. ^_^

Kewlgirl: Gwahh! He/she/it looks so cute the way you've coloured his/her/its hair. Looks like a cute little rose guy/girl/thing. =^_^=

CR: Wow! Very creative, very cool idea. You've rendered it really well in coloured pencils, too. Great shading!

Vernhal:
I agree with CR and Chibi: my first impression was that it was very sci-fi. I love the sphere and random techno-looking things in the background. ^_^

Rad Dreamer: I love that idea. I have no clue as to which band the poster is shamelessly plugging, but it looks cool; and I love the texture on the hair and how you've got the body looking really plastic-y. Really nice background too.

Yay! Lotsa entries -lotsa pics! \(^_^)/ :jump:

<Edit> Amazing how many entries have been posted, and the comp's barely started! :)
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Esoteric » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:40 pm

Yay, Soph!! You should enter too!! Wooo, good to see you back around!
Esoteric

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:51 pm

*o* ^_^ Thanks Photosoph!! ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:13 am

Thanks photosoph! Plz tell me your entering!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Ashley » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:42 am

I'm not a regular in these coloring contests (actually this is my first time) but since I was pm'd about the artwork I could not stop thinking about this entry. It was quite the challenge to get just the right effects--I was going for an "oekaki" sort of feel. Enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ashley

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:44 am

Awwwww, nice work ^_^
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:53 am

Ashley wrote:I'm not a regular in these coloring contests (actually this is my first time) but since I was pm'd about the artwork I could not stop thinking about this entry. It was quite the challenge to get just the right effects--I was going for an "oekaki" sort of feel. Enjoy.

thats cool!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Photosoph » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:18 pm

Really nice colouring job, Ash! I love the colours and your choice of setting. Suits the (sprite? That's what I'm pretty sure he/she is ^_^" ) really well.
It's really cool to see you enter in this colouring competition. -Welcome to the fun!

No problem, guys; I loved seeing your entries. ^_^

Thanks, Eso! It's good to be back. :glomp: Nice to be posting with you again, and on the colouring contest thread too.
Hmm... I might enter, but it depends on how my hands are feeling. If I do end up entering, then I'll probably work on the pic slowly and enter it near the end. ^_^ So I'll see.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:32 pm

[quote="Photosoph"]Rad Dreamer: I love that idea. I have no clue as to which band the poster is shamelessly plugging, but it looks cool]

Thanks! I'm rea~lly glad that you thought it looked plastic-y, because I wasn't sure if I got that across or not. XD Thanks so much for your nice comments, though, I'm glad you like it!

And Ashley, I love your version, too! It almost looks like she's underwater, and her hair is seaweed. XD Nice work! :thumb:

Radical Dreamer

Postby Puguni » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:01 pm

Photosoph wrote:Really nice colouring job, Ash! I love the colours and your choice of setting. Suits the (sprite? That's what I'm pretty sure he/she is ^_^" ) really well.

XD I never really thought about the right word for my little person. So I'm not partial to anything. I kind of chose this picture for it's open-endedness. :D

And I'm honored that Ashley decided to join. :grin:
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Esoteric » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:35 pm

Wow, underwater suits the theme very well! Nice having you enter, Ashley!
Esoteric

Postby Ashley » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:05 pm

Hey, thanks for all the encouragement, guys! I might have to do this more often after all. =3

And you know, it's hilarious everyone thinks it's supposed to be underwater. I was actually going for like, forest floor with a stream, and her hair/the background as grass. But like any artist, I'm thrilled to hear new interpretations. More interpretations = more interesting.
Ashley

Postby Photosoph » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:11 pm

When I saw it I thought it was a stream-side setting with grassy hair and grass in the background, but then when someone mentioned it being underwater I looked at it closely, and it really does look that way too. :lol:

Yup; and these contests seem to be a lot about different people interpretations. ^_^

[Quote=Radical Dreamer]

Thanks! I'm rea~lly glad that you thought it looked plastic-y, because I wasn't sure if I got that across or not. XD Thanks so much for your nice comments, though, I'm glad you like it![/quote]
You're very welcome. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby meboeck » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:18 pm

Awesome, Ashley! I feel un-original now because mine involves water. Lots of water. Although I don't even know how you you guys will get to see of it because I have a bad feeling my scanner is going to make it look awful. *goes back to coloring*

[/color]
meboeck

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:27 pm

Just came to check the topic out now, and it's great how unique everyone's pieces are^^ And how great they are! I just think it's neat how diverse they can be, from being flamey, to being in abubble and so on...^^
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Photosoph » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:59 pm

It's so cool, ain't it? ^_^

Don't worry -have you seen some of the other colouring contests in the past? Take for example LizardQueen and CreatureArt's entries one month: they both had an idea for making glowing dolphins (of doom!). : P But each came out looking very original; even when you end up having some of the same themes or ideas, your pic will still end up looking very different from other peoples' ones.
Even if your scanner does take away some of the quality, I'm sure your pic will still look cool. ^_^ I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby meboeck » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:31 pm

Photosoph wrote:Don't worry -have you seen some of the other colouring contests in the past? Take for example LizardQueen and CreatureArt's entries one month: they both had an idea for making glowing dolphins (of doom!).

I remember the glowing dolphins of doom. XD That was my first time checking out the contest.

[/color]
meboeck

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:08 pm

woot Ashley! nice job!! ^_^ I like the grassy hair !!

Good luck meebs!! I thought it was supposed to be underwater too.XD
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Chii » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:12 pm

I'm in!
Whatever the sentiment, Whatever the expression
The most beautiful thing in the world is love
Chii

Postby RubyJewelStone » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:42 pm

Well here's my submission. I figure I better get it out early in the month or I won't do it at all when school starts.
I hope the fact that I pretty much doubled it isn't a bad thing... :sweat:

BTW - The kanji are "fire" and "ice." (At least I hope so...>.<;)
I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when he is silent.
~Author Unknown
RubyJewelStone

Previous Next

Return to Art Contests