Yozara & her Z class armorgeddon

aka. the Art Corner. Upload your work here for others to comment on!

Yozara & her Z class armorgeddon

Postby Red_web_city » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:56 am

Red_web_city

Re: Yozara & her Z class armorgeddon

Postby Red_web_city » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:58 am

Red_web_city

Re: Elder & his Z class Crimson armor

Postby Red_web_city » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:42 pm

Red_web_city

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:31 pm

Yozara looks too skinny.

Elder is a bit the same way, though not as bad. I'll admit though, I love the armor. It's pretty cool and nicely drawn.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Red_web_city » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:40 pm

Ty cleric, I know. I have a peter chung "Aeon flux" style of drawing some of my characters...she has curves though..yes . Their armors are concept art. Ty again
Red_web_city

Postby Ante Bellum » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:20 pm

No, those aren't curves. That's just poor anatomy.
Ante Bellum

Postby Red_web_city » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:58 am

Like I said, I have an exagerated style like David Bowden or peter chung. She's just the way I wanted her to look, I'm not doing an average sized womam or plus sizes
. Yozaras a slim beauty. Her curves are notable. What do you mean poor anatomy? It's a cartoon, not body sketch
Red_web_city

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:10 pm

Poor anatomy meaning that she has no hip bone, and her thigh is about 75% of the length it ought to be, compared to her head, which makes her look like an alien (her knees shoudl be at least 1/2 a head height further down her leg). While chung did some exaggerations, he still gets the height proportions, particularly the thigh to rest of body proporions correct or even elongated to accent the length of aeons legs. Bowden draws long calves on his charachters but the body head and thighs are still the appropriate proportions to each other, which is what you're lacking. Style isn't an excuse for bad proportional anatomy, because humans are best at knowing what humans look like, and people like Chung and Bowden both know anatomy well enough to keep the core proportions believable, even when they're exaggerating a little in things like leg length and flexibility. Also, her abs are off center which is a bit odd, considering the rest of her body is head on. As it stands right now she looks like she has dwarfism, due to none of her limbs having the right proportions (too short) to her body.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Red_web_city » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:38 pm

Ahh ok i see ty i don't know what dwearfism is...did u mean dwarf?...i guess i do need ti examine the body to memorize it a bit more. I am drawing it how i wanted to look
Red_web_city

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:10 pm

...I wasn't really talking about style or curves. I meant just what I said, she looks too skinny. I realize there are art styles that make characters really thin or just plain narrow. But in proportion to her frame, she just looks incredibly malnourished. Basically, she looks like a perfectly normal sized person who is starving to death. But that's just my opinion.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Xeno » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:19 pm

Red_web_city wrote:Ahh ok i see ty i don't know what dwearfism is...did u mean dwarf?...i guess i do need ti examine the body to memorize it a bit more. I am drawing it how i wanted to look

Yes, like a midget. An Oompa-loompa if you will.

Backing up Claec, she looks so thin that she doesn't have space for her necessary internal organs. Even really skinny humans are not that thin in the abdomen.
Xeno

Return to Original Artwork