機動戦士ガンプラ! - Mobile Suit Gunpla!

機動戦士ガンプラ! - Mobile Suit Gunpla!

Postby Crossfire » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:17 pm

[SIZE="1"]We really need to sort out this sub-forum. :\
[/SIZE]

I know it's titled "Gunpla", but any matter of Gundam-themed merchandise is fine. Without further ado, let's get this show on the road!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Crossfire

Re: 機動戦士ガンプラ! - Mobile Suit Gunpla!

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:16 pm

So, did you build those models?
Bobtheduck

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:02 pm

What, Bob The Duck is still around? What's up dude!
Zarn Ishtare

Postby Crossfire » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:So, did you build those models?

Indeed I did. The red one was a essentially a testbed for painting, I'm genuinely surprised at how well it turned out. I've just got to find a good acrylic clear-coat to prevent scratches...

Edit: Decided to play around with the action bases. I wish they made the version 2 in clear, but black isn't too bad I guess.

Man, I've really got to find a better position for the light. These last few pictures have been pretty shoddy.
Last edited by Crossfire on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crossfire

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:22 am

Hey, that's pretty cool. O.o
I Suddenly want to play with Gundams! XD
My brothers used to collect the toys (not models you glue and make) and I fiddled with them a few times. They were fun! :3
Luke 10:25-27 Mark 12:28-34 Matthew 22 Deuteronomy 6:4-5 Deuteronomy 10:12
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
No one is perfect, but by one prayer at a time, and one step at a time, God can make our paths straight.
Proverbs 3:6 "In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight."
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Location: I live wherever the Lord leads me. (currently in an apartment with my sweet cat.)

Postby Crossfire » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:33 pm

Hehheh, yeah. When I was little I think I had the GP01 and a Leo from wing... my first actual kit was actually a 1/144 Guncannon, I didn't even know it belonged to the Gundam franchise at the time.
Last edited by Crossfire on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crossfire

Postby Crossfire » Fri May 03, 2013 10:11 pm

Update time~

Granddad Gundam, still kicking aft 30 years later.

Tobe, Gundamu!

If War Machine was a Mobile Suit...
Last edited by Crossfire on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crossfire

Postby Crossfire » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:52 pm

And because this board is dead, I'll continue to spam post newish images.

"Tactical withdrawal!"
Last edited by Crossfire on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crossfire

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:18 pm

So are these still ones you made, or ones you wasted spent money on? (Well, I'm assuming you spent money either way)
The first one is my favorite. I like the colour coordination. And... a mecha dinosaur. That's new.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Crossfire » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Er, both I suppose. They're models after all. That first one is actually pretty horrible now with hindsight, I didn't put a protective coating on it so a lot of paint has chipped away and the like. Maybe I'll go back and properly seal it.

New? Grimmy has been around since 1985, though this is indeed a recent update of the character.
Crossfire

Postby Crossfire » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:01 pm

And because I'm back in a proper house with room to build and paint, time to reboot this thread.

Finished building this guy a few weeks back, but only started detailing a couple days ago. Currently in the process of panel-lining and shading, and then I'll move on to the... ugh... stickers. I don't plan on flat-coating this guy, but depending on the quality of these stickers I might have to.
Crossfire

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:26 am

So I'm going to revive this thread with my (ongoing) HGUC Sinanju project. This post is kinda stupidly picture heavy (and by that, I mean the pictures are pretty big, so I'll try to edit them down in a minute OKAY IT SHOULD BE FIXED NOW)
Let me say right away that this was a really fun kit. It's nice and complex, too. Several parts are on ball joints, polycaps like crazy...

Anyway, here it is fully assembled (if a bit hastily, as I didn't bother with a lot of sanding right away). Note that these pictures are a bit older, but right now its left leg is spread out over my desk and pieces are getting puttied, so that doesn't do me much good.

Alongside the aforementioned puttying, I'm doing a number of minor modifications. I separated the front and back skirt halves, shaved off some extra plastic, and am now carving out the tube...things. I never really knew what to call them, but whatever. This picture is still a little old, and I've worked a little more on the one. It's not going to look nearly as good as its MG counterpart, but I like it better than the untouched part.

Now onto the colors. You probably noticed the lack of gold accents. Bandai gave foil stickers for that, but I'm going to paint it and then hand paint the accents. I've still got to complete the modifications and puttying before I get to this, but I ran a spray test for the main red.

This is the basic candy coat process. Glossy black base coat, metallic over that, then the color on top. Normally people use Alclad II chrome for their metallic coat (and a black enamel under that), but I'm working entirely with Tamiya. The black and red are acrylics and the silver is actually synthetic lacquer from a spray can. I put some of it in a jar, let it degas, and then ran it through an airbrush. Tamiya's metallic acrylics are too flaky to look good.

This is my test run. I'm not sure where the texture came from (either I screwed up somewhere by spraying wrong/too little or that's just how it is, but I'll try it again later), but other than that the finish turned out really nice. The picture really has nothing on seeing it in real life, though.

Anyway, that's what I've got so far for Sinanju. Expect more in-progress pictures later.
Ante Bellum

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:18 am

After six months, Sinanju is complete. Click through for the album. (I need to make a light box or something, don't count on that being soon.)

Actually, I finished this a few weeks ago and just never posted it. I'm thinking of getting a larger base for it, as it's a bit big compared to other HGs.

Anyway.

I took this a bit farther than I originally expected to. Lots of hand-brushed details, everything is painted instead of using stickers, IC socket mods in the thrusters and drilled into other parts...In the end, it turned out better than I thought it would, though not as good as I'd hoped. I made a lot of amateur mistakes, but I definitely got a feel for building and painting kits. Unfortunately, the paint is really fragile, and one wrong move chips off the color coat. Plus the top coat's cracked, not sure how to fix it. Might need to thin it out a little.

My current kit is a 1/20 Brutishdog, and I plan to take it in a different direction than Sinanju. And hopefully it won't take half a year to complete.
Ante Bellum

Postby Crossfire » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:01 pm

Man, you really went all out on that kit- beautifully done! Honestly I've always been hesitant to try my hand at a proper airbrush set, as all of my past experiences with sprays have been less than stellar. That and I'm just plain lazy when it comes to detailing plastic robots.
Crossfire

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:14 pm

That's pretty darn fantastic. Very impressive.
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Return to Miscellaneous Artwork