Photographers!

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:59 am

firestorm wrote:I think Cog is talking more about Photomanipulations.

I thought that he was kind of talking about Photomanipulations, but I wanted to make sure and not shying away from using Photoshop for photography.
Roy Mustang

Postby Warrior4Christ » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:23 pm

Okaay.... begin!

(FWIW, I'm more in favour of having the photo close to what came from the camera. I only use the GIMP for very basic stuff.)
And nice examples there, firestorm.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby firestorm » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:49 pm

Ill be putting up my thoughts on how the contesest should run sometime this week. Cant go into to much detail right now as im on my and it would take forever Ill also be creating the flickr group so you can put up the pics! :D
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:18 pm

Right now for me. I will not be online at all until Monday of next week, I hope. Moved last weekend and still waiting for cable internet that will be ready until Monday or so.
Roy Mustang

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:20 pm

So, anything new with this?
Roy Mustang

Postby firestorm » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:52 pm

I'm sorry I let the ball drop now. Been busy working on my mission funding and things. I will definately be bringing it up and the rules and everything in the next couple of days. I'm hoping to start one maybe next weekend or so. k?
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Warrior4Christ » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:15 am

Sounds good.

Warrior4Christ

Postby firestorm » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:53 pm

Again. Sorry guys for not starting the contest yet, things are just piling up on my end here. finals coming up, worrying about getting money for mission trip raised in time ($339 left to raise). Also trying to get a position as a event photographer for a japanese museum down here.

in non contest related news, my dad got me a new Canon Rebel t2i for the trip. :D After I finish raising money for the trip I have to pay him back but hey, it was $200 off so it was a good deal :3

Postby firestorm » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:31 am

Okay now that every one is on christmas break why don't we try to do that contest?

Theme: Your favorite thing about Christmas.

Deadline: Dec 31st. That gives us about 2 weeks.

Let me know if you guys agree with these rules. if there are any rules you feel I need to clarify, add or subtract from here let me know okay?

Rules:

1. Any Camera is allowed. Whether it be a disposable camera, polaroid, or Canon D7000

2. Must follow rules of composition .

3. photos to be used must be from within the given time frame of the contest.

4.Photos will be uploaded on flickr so if you don't have a flickr account you can create one there. I will be creating a flickr group for us sunday night.

5. Since everyone has their own oppinion of how much is "slight photoshop editing." then no photoshop editing on this one. Any in camera editing is welcome.

6. For digital cameras, must be able to see Exif data when the photo is posted on flickr. This tells us that whether there was any editing done.

Haven't figured out who caen be judge so if anyone with good knowledge of the rules of compostion would like to volunteer, that'd be great. If not I can try judging when I get back from my trip, as long as I can have someone who is responsible for making sure people get their pics in by the contest end date.

any questons?

Postby Vii » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:57 pm

Is there a limit to the number of photos that can be entered per person?

Also, I'm probably in, this sounds fun. It'll give me something to do over winter break.
Vii

Postby Warrior4Christ » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:56 am

Okay, this is a good start. :)
firestorm (post: 1521990) wrote:Nikon D7000

Fixed.

Warrior4Christ

Postby Vii » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:05 am

It's been a while now...Is there a Flickr group or anything yet?
I'll also restate my earlier question: Are we allowed more than one entry?

If the deadline is December 31, that only gives us about nine more days to find a picture.
Vii

Postby firestorm » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:01 am

Vii (post: 1523026) wrote:It's been a while now...Is there a Flickr group or anything yet?
I'll also restate my earlier question: Are we allowed more than one entry?

If the deadline is December 31, that only gives us about nine more days to find a picture.

yesh sorry, things just keep on coming up. Right now I have a few projects coming up. What we should do is have 2 people leading these contests so that if one is backed up with work or has to be preoccupied from the site for some time the other can continue issuing contests.

I'll make the flickr group today. Once we get that in maybe we can adjust the theme. New theme since Valentine's day is : RED. Your photo could be of anything but must either have red as the dominant color or display the meaning of the color (I.E red represents love so maybe the photo might not have the color persay, but consists of a closeup loving couple on the beach.)

Note: while Valentine's day IS about love. This Contest is not. So if you want to photograph something other than love, that's okay as long as red is the dominant theme, either by color or meaning.
Here is a list of some color meanings:
http://www.color-wheel-pro.com/color-meaning.html

EDIT: BOOM! Flickr Group created! Come join the group at http://www.flickr.com/groups/caaphotography/

Postby firestorm » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:35 am

You know I'd like to start this again. But this time maybe it can be like a weekly or monthly thread of our photographic exploits as well as discussion on stuff relating to photography rather than a full on group, and then if we can grow from there then we can reinstate the group thing! What do you guys think?

Postby Syaoran » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:34 pm

I love photography my self. This is my showcase on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/jonathanlevasseurphotography

However I am very picky on what I put up and show to people. feel free to have a look and leave a comment.

Now down to business; the camera I use is a Nikon D7000 and I really enjoy it. I am never shy to tell people how I made the shot. I have never been to school for photography so most of it is self taught, and learning from other people who I come across. I do not want to get into any fights over camera makes and such, so I just say a camera is a camera. Yes they have there own quirks and functions but is is how the photographer uses them and how he/she is able to capture the light.
Syaoran

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:20 am

It just give me FB homepage.
Roy Mustang

Postby Syaoran » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:37 am

did you log in to Facebook before you clicked on the link? It should just go to that page regardless. if that dose not work I do have a Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/75960037@N05/
Syaoran

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Yeah, I was log in and all it did was go back to my FB page.
Roy Mustang

Postby Syaoran » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:20 pm

hmmm. ok then I am at a loss at to why it won't let you see the page. have you tried to manually search the page?

Edit: Oh I know why. I set the restriction to Canada only, so now that I removed it you should be able to see it now. Sorry for the miss hap.
Syaoran

Postby Makachop^^128 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Nice Stuff Syaoran

I have my own Photography page too though I hardly use it......Here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Photos-by-Shahayla/236308199759404?ref=ts&fref=ts
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Syaoran » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:47 pm

You have some nifty stuff going on there. love your perspective on things.
Syaoran

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:46 am

I post all my stuff on Flickr. I just have made a photography page on FB that I will use to cross post to my wordpress blog.

I'm trying many options as I link my pictures on Flickr to wordpress into a blog. I also hope to have my own website down the road and just keep wordpress as photography blog.

If anyone wants the links to my photography site, pm me. I stop posting my links due to piracy reasons. FB page was just set up and I'm redoing my wordpress page as of right now. So Flickr is up and running for me, but I haven't updated in a few months and have mostly been posting old slides that I did in the late 90's and early 2000 right now.
Roy Mustang

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous Artwork