Server now upgraded - everyone read!

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Re: Server now upgraded - everyone read!

Postby Neane » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:44 pm

TheMewster wrote:By the way, CAA now lets us have animated avatars.

Super Sweet Dudette.
Neane

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:53 pm

Hurah for animated avatars.
---

Bug:
The new posts page is not purging out threads that have been read.

Request:
Could we replace the 'Go to latest post' buttons with 'Go to first unread post' ones?

Fixed(?):
What ever was keeping the chat from working right with my Firefox install is gone. :D
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Atria35 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:18 pm

When I click on the title of a thread, I'm taken to the first page instead of the last. Is this inconvenient for anyone else? ^.^" (I'm okay with it staying the same, it was just... handier to have it take me to the last page, like in the Anime Recommenations thread).
Atria35

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Atria35 wrote:When I click on the title of a thread, I'm taken to the first page instead of the last. Is this inconvenient for anyone else? ^.^" (I'm okay with it staying the same, it was just... handier to have it take me to the last page, like in the Anime Recommenations thread).

There's a link at the far right that should take you to the last post in the thread. Is that what you're talking about? It's a graphic and it's kind of hard to read.
Mithrandir

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Also, this is just a quick update note: The spoiler tags are back up and running, but there's a catch - they only apply to *NEW* posts, for now. I'm trying to figure out how to make that backwards compatible, but I'm having no luck so far.
Mithrandir

Postby Vilo159 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:48 pm

Well, sigs have a cap at 255 characters. That sure stinks.

Also, it looks like the friends/enemies lists in our profiles were erased.

Also, the header on the Furums page, the one that showed things like birthdays, whos in chat, whos online, newest members, etc, is gone. It was really useful, could we possibly get it back?
Edit: nevermind, its at the bottom.
Vilo159

Postby Atria35 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:19 pm

Nate wrote:Yeah, text being aligned to the left and the avatars on the right is throwing me off pretty hard since practically every other forum in existence does it the other way around.

Also, I just tried to send a PM to someone and got the message that the user doesn't exist, despite the fact that I went to their profile page and clicked the "send private message" thing from there. Although I suppose they could just have the PM option turned off...but I thought I'd bring it back up just in case that isn't the problem.

EDIT: I'm also noticing the PM problem, I currently have 575 PMs in my box, and practically every one has been duplicated. Could that also potentially be the reason I can't send a PM?

Since I know that I sent you a PM and know that I certainly do allow PMs, then I'm going to say it's an issue with my inbox. With all my PMs duplicated, I wouldn't be able to recieve any since I'd be over the allowable limit. I deleted a bunch, though, and can certainly recieve them now.
Atria35

Postby Neane » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:41 am

I kinda miss the feature that you had in which you could click on a person's profile and see at which thread they are at.
Neane

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:39 am

Mithrandir wrote:Also, this is just a quick update note: The spoiler tags are back up and running, but there's a catch - they only apply to *NEW* posts, for now. I'm trying to figure out how to make that backwards compatible, but I'm having no luck so far.

It works if you edit an older post, too-- I just tested this by going to one of my recent posts that had spoiler tags in them and editing it, and once it was edited the spoilers showed up correctly.
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby Xeno » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:02 am

MangaRocks! wrote:It works if you edit an older post, too-- I just tested this by going to one of my recent posts that had spoiler tags in them and editing it, and once it was edited the spoilers showed up correctly.

What he was talking about is if you quote a message that has spoiler tags in it, the spoiler tag doesn't work in the quote box.
Xeno

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:46 am

MangaRocks! wrote:It works if you edit an older post, too-- I just tested this by going to one of my recent posts that had spoiler tags in them and editing it, and once it was edited the spoilers showed up correctly.

This is correct, though it's probably not feasible to expect every old spoiler tag to be re-edited.
Mithrandir

Postby Furen » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:00 am

Nate wrote:EDIT: I'm also noticing the PM problem, I currently have 575 PMs in my box, and practically every one has been duplicated. Could that also potentially be the reason I can't send a PM?

I would guess that because your inbox is more than full (considering 300 is your limit)

Did you delete and check if that works?

Also, while I'm here anyway, did you guys change how signatures work, because mine looks like it's messed up.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby QtheQreater » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:20 am

Furen wrote:Also, while I'm here anyway, did you guys change how signatures work, because mine looks like it's messed up.

Take the quotes out of your color tags. See if that helps.

It's mostly a syntax issue, I'd guess.
QtheQreater

Postby Furen » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:30 am

QtheQreater wrote:
Furen wrote:Also, while I'm here anyway, did you guys change how signatures work, because mine looks like it's messed up.

Take the quotes out of your color tags. See if that helps.

It's mostly a syntax issue, I'd guess.

Okay, fixed (though, the text size is weird, to get the size of that heart in my signature, I had to choose the size to be 200)

Also, is there a reason you guys put a link called "The Team" there and left it blank? Is that just still supposed to be a work in progress?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Xeno » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:32 am

Furen wrote:Also, is there a reason you guys put a link called "The Team" there and left it blank? Is that just still supposed to be a work in progress?

Pretty sure it's part of phpBB's default code:
http://www.christiananime.net/faq.php#f4r7
Xeno

Postby Furen » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:44 am

Xeno wrote:
Furen wrote:Also, is there a reason you guys put a link called "The Team" there and left it blank? Is that just still supposed to be a work in progress?

Pretty sure it's part of phpBB's default code:
http://www.christiananime.net/faq.php#f4r7

Ah, thanks... should have read that.
Furen

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:43 pm

TheMewster wrote:animated avatars

brb abusing this feature.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Xeno » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:48 pm

Suggestion, if it's at all possible, could the timg code be implemented? I find them to be very useful on another forum I've recently started posting on. They allow you to post an image that would otherwise break the frames on a page, or just be large in general, but it makes the image into a thumbnail that can be clicked and enlarged, then clicked again to size back down to the thumbnail.
Xeno

Postby Michael Lance » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:50 pm

Has anyone else had their threads disappear?
Michael Lance

Postby Oddood198 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Aye, I'm afraid I lost one of mine. It was a roleplay with only two people, though, so in accordance with the new guidelines, it probably would've been shut down or something soon anyway.

And I noticed that Goldy's story is gone too. Darn.
Oddood198

Postby Xeno » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Doing "/quit" in the chat now exits to the Advanced Search query.
Xeno

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Michael Lance wrote:Has anyone else had their threads disappear?

Yeah, there are some really great threads that are still missing from the Anime section, too. :( I hope they'll be able to be restored...
Saved by grace.

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby goldenspines » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Oddood198 wrote:Aye, I'm afraid I lost one of mine. It was a roleplay with only two people, though, so in accordance with the new guidelines, it probably would've been shut down or something soon anyway.
I believe we may be able to transfer RP threads that didn't get transferred over in the main move. You'll have to be patient, though. :\ If the RP wasn't too long, you could always start it again. Otherwise, please PM me the title of the RP you lost and I'll add it to the list to try to recovered.

And I noticed that Goldy's story is gone too. Darn.
Oh gee, that's too bad. =D
(Luckily, or unluckily, I have it saved, so when I decide to finally update it, I'll add a word file archive of the previous chapters, so don't worry too much. XD)
goldenspines

Postby Nate » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:22 pm

I found a massive error in that I am able to access the chat.

EDIT: Also probably should go in the graphics thread, but the blue usernames are really hard to read on the dark background.
Nate

Postby Vilo159 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:04 pm

Nate wrote:EDIT: Also probably should go in the graphics thread, but the blue usernames are really hard to read on the dark background.

That, and everyone's name now has a blue/gray tint, so it has become a bit more difficult to distinguish mods from normal people.

Oh, and is there supposed to be a theology board now, or was that some mistake?
Vilo159

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:06 pm

goldenspines wrote:...please PM me the title of the RP you lost and I'll add it to the list to try to recovered.

@goldenspines: Should I do this for some of the Anime-area threads that I've noticed are missing, too? I know you guys are working hard, and I definitely don't want to spam you :sweat: , but if it would be of any use, I'd gladly send some titles along via PM as well. :)

Also, since one of those missing threads contained discussion about some series that will have episodes coming out tomorrow and Friday, should one of us who are watching them restart the thread like as a "Part 2" or something? (And then maybe it could be merged with the old one later once it reappears?) Or...?
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby seaglass27 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:53 am

600+ of my posts are apparently lost in the nether...
seaglass27

Postby goldenspines » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:45 pm

MangaRocks! wrote:
goldenspines wrote:...please PM me the title of the RP you lost and I'll add it to the list to try to recovered.

@goldenspines: Should I do this for some of the Anime-area threads that I've noticed are missing, too? I know you guys are working hard, and I definitely don't want to spam you :sweat: , but if it would be of any use, I'd gladly send some titles along via PM as well. :)
Please do.

Also, since one of those missing threads contained discussion about some series that will have episodes coming out tomorrow and Friday, should one of us who are watching them restart the thread like as a "Part 2" or something? (And then maybe it could be merged with the old one later once it reappears?) Or...?
If you want, but it will make moving the previous threads over here a little less important. XD;
Whichever is to your (and everyone else's) preference, though. It may take a while to pull over the missing threads anyways, if at all. :\
goldenspines

Postby MangaRocks! » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:57 pm

Done and done. :) Thanks! :)
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby Kaori » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:14 am

Well, the new interface took a bit of getting used to, but I've now found everything that I missed at first (e.g. the buttons to go to the last unread post or most recent post in a thread, the "view unread posts" link). There are also some neat new features in the user CP--or at least features I have not noticed before--like the ability to view persistent login keys and the stats on what forums and threads I've been most active in.

I do notice that the Writing forum is now visible to guests, although it was previously hidden to anyone who was not logged in. Is it supposed to still be hidden, or will it remain visible from now on?

More importantly, thank you to Mithrandir for all the work you put into this upgrade. I know that a lot goes into maintaining this site, so thank you for everything you do.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Previous Next

Return to Announcements and Feedback