[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
In Search of a Search Function - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

In Search of a Search Function

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

In Search of a Search Function

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:02 pm

Recently I've been thinking CAA could really use a search function. I've seen them used on a number of other boards to great effect. Essentially, they archive all the threads made on a forum or subforum, so that they can be accessed easily through key words, such as "Christian ministry," "Manga," or "Country music." You can even look up individual posts this way, sorted by date, relevance, or even the member who posted them.

Consequentially, this brings up another complaint I've harbored for a while, but didn't feel important enough to comment on its own.

This is a screencap taken of the main forum index as it appears on my desktop, and doubtless several other's:

I understand that the site servers are privately funded out of the Admins' own pockets, so it is their decision what it looks like, but I find the obtrusive gap between the New Posts and the Quick Links tabs very aesthetically troublesome. If we were to use some sort of search function, this would be a very appropriate place for it, allowing for the membership's convenience and maintaining the balance of Feng Shui on the board.

I am probably not alone in this complaint, and hope that my suggestion will be considered carefully by the Staff.
Fish and Chips

Postby ADXC » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:12 pm

Um, Fish, on my CAA skin between the New Posts and Quick Links tabs there is a Search tab with an arrow like the Quick Links tab.

And Ive even used the search function every once in a while.

Image CAA: Christian Anime Alliance
Welcome, animedude90.
You last visited: Today at 02:39 AM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 112.
User CPFAQ/RulesDonateMembers ListCalendarNew PostsSearch Image Quick Links Image Images GalleryLog Out

Im sorry I can't seem to post the images just as they are on my home page of CAA.

Here's a link of it. http://www.christiananime.net/index.php
ADXC

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:33 pm

this is quite a brilliant idea.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Nate » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:16 pm

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Stephen » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:05 am

Stephen

Postby LadyRushia » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:48 am

Clever, clever.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:01 am

Nate (post: 1270695) wrote:Image

Yep.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:38 am

Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby ADXC » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:32 pm

Oh wait, now I see.

Sorry you guys, I didn't bother to even click the link in Fish's post.
ADXC

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:42 pm

*keeps a straight face*

This will be taken into account when we redo the site look and feel. In 2032.
Mithrandir

Return to Announcements and Feedback