RPG section?

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

RPG section?

Postby PMK » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:28 am

I know I'm just a newbie but I think an RPG section would be nice to have.
PMK

Postby inkhana » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:54 am

Well, we already have the standard game section, and most of the discussion that goes on in there is about RPGs already...:grin:

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Ashley » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:29 pm

It is something that has come to mind as of late; Gypsy and I were discussing the possibility/reprecussions of such a section not too long ago...something to think about indeed. But welcome here!
Ashley

Postby inkhana » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:49 pm

Waitaminute...are we talking about a text RPG or a new game section?

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Fsiphskilm » Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:37 pm

I think he means the Text RPG.
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Straylight » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:46 am

We do have some thriving RPGs in the Goof Off forum, which have been started by members. An RPG forum is a great idea though. :)
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby inkhana » Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:31 am

LOL, the first thing I thought of were the graphic-based type...:bang: Aaaaaanyway...

Yeah, I think that would be cool, too...:)

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby The_Marauding_Maniac » Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:41 am

YAY! RPG SECTION! YIPEEEEEEE! It's kinda taking up space in the Goof off and other threads build on top of it so that it's hard to get to.
Luke was here.
There are 10 types of people in the world, people who can read bianary, and people who can't.
I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII XIII XIV XV XVI XVII XVIII XIX XX XXI XXII XXIII XXIV XXV XXVI XXVII XXVIII XXIX XXX XXXI XXXII....
TTA: [B]T
he TTA Acronym
[/b]
The_Marauding_Maniac

Postby PMK » Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:37 pm

Sweet! People support me! And, yes, I was talking about text RPG's. I did also notice the RPG's in the goof off section and I thought it would help to dedicate an entire section to them... It seems to work in all the other forums I've gone to. And it's not like it's hard to make a section for them.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to be here!
PMK

Postby Spencer » Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:54 pm

Sounds cool. It'd be kinda nice to have a place for our RPG.
:)
Spencer

Postby Taslin_Jewel » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:15 pm

Astalon's Wrath wrote:keith! gr8 idea! man i totally agree!!! :thumb: :thumb: Rock on!

If the RPG's were moved from Goof Off, do you realize how many posts we would have added? :wow!: I like the idea, though. It's kinda taking up a lot of space in the forum right now.....
In a world shrouded in mystery, the winds of change begin to blow.

A proud member of Star Wars: The Mandalorian Wars and Darklight: Chronicles of Tairis.

"I'm a warrior-hero-adventurer-goddess who CAN'T SWIM, okay?!?!" ~Skye of Lynlora, from the video game Darkened Skye
Taslin_Jewel

Postby Bunny » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:42 pm

W007!!!!! Having our own section would be awesome!
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

2 Samuel 6: 21&22

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Postby Icarus » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:38 pm

While a section just for RPG's would be nice... What am I saying? Yes. And as it would seem odd to have a forum just for one thead, it would almost require others to start a game. Neccessarily, it'd have to be well thought out.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby PMK » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:14 pm

I would gladly be a Mod for it... Though I would understand your thinking 'Who does he think he is?' I would also be glad to make lotsa RPG's to help. Anything you want, just tell me! I'm glad to help. PM me when you decide! :brow:
PMK

Postby PMK » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:39 pm

. . . . . . . . . . . My brashness ran everybody off...

:dance: <-------- Look!!! A dancing bananna!!!!!
PMK

Return to Announcements and Feedback