IMPORTANT! Before you report a bug.

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

IMPORTANT! Before you report a bug.

Postby Straylight » Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:30 pm

Before you report a bug with the CAA, try and give as much detail as possible. A bug report is not just a complaint. Here's an example.

BAD:

The smilies don't work. Please fix it. Thanks!

GOOD:

I am using Internet Explorer 6, running on Windows XP Home Edition. I have recently installed the Google Toolbar. My computer is an Intel Centrino 1Ghz, and my connection is 0.5mb. From the URL http://www.christiananime.net/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&forumid=9, when I click on a smiley in the box "Clickable Smilies", the smiley is not inserted into the message reply box.

How to reproduce this bug:
1) Click "Reply" within a thread
2) Within the reply screen, try and click a smiley, and note that nothing happens.

As you can see, the good bug report gives details about the users system, as well as providing information about applications recently downloaded from the internet. It also gives detailed instructions on how to reproduce the bug.

By following these instructions, you'll be helping me out quite a lot. Thanks :)

---------------

Here's a form to fill out as a guideline:
Browser version:

Connection speed:

Computer specifications:

Software that you have recently installed

Did the bug recently appear? If so, was it working on a different machine before?

URL from which the bug occurs, along with a description of where the bug happens

Step - by - step instructions on how to reproduce the bug. (Please try and do this, it's very helpful)

Any further information

Added 23/12: You should also try and report on whether there is any spyware lurking on your machine. Examples of spyware include the IE MySearch toolbar, Smiley Central, Kazaa Media Desktop (NOT Kazaa Lite K++).
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Nate » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:03 am

HEY. I am bumping this super old thread because I'm HOPING that by doing so, a mod will see this. I would make a thread about it, but there's one problem:

I CAN'T MAKE NEW THREADS.

I have tried in practically every forum...General, Goof Off, Anime, Manga Mania, General Entertainment, Gamers Galore...all of them do the same thing. I click "Submit New Thread," and the screen acts like it's loading, then redirects to a blank page.

Is this like a bug or did my thread starting privileges get taken away? LOOK I REALIZE I MADE A BUNCH OF DUMB THREADS IN GOOF OFF OKAY? I AM SORRY. ;.; But I'm trying to make a thread about a game I just bought and this is very inconvenient! Please to fix as soon as possible?

EDIT: Never mind...for some odd reason, I just changed the title of the thread and it worked perfectly (thanks to FishandChips' suggestion). I'm guessing that either question marks or colons make it not work? Anyway, feel free to ignore this, then.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:43 pm

OOC: What was the title you were trying to post?
Mithrandir

Postby Nate » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:03 am

The thread title was Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?

I just made it simply Prinny and it posted just fine. Fish told me the thread he tried to post a while back that wouldn't let him also had a question mark in it.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:07 pm

I looked through the replacement engine but I can't find anything obvious. I'll check a bit more in depth later...
Mithrandir

Postby Sae-chan » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:45 pm

I use Internet Explorer 7.0 on Windows Vista. I recently installed Google Talk. The bug is that I cannot access the Image Gallery whatsoever. When I click on the link at the top of the page, I get directed to a page that says that I haven't logged in, even though at the upper right it says, "Welcome, Sae-chan." Even if I sign in using the two boxes for 'username' and 'password' and click enter, it directs me to that same page again. This has happened recently. It appeared in mid-January, and I just tried it again and it happened again.

How to reproduce the bug:
1. Sign in.
2. Click on "Image Gallery" at the top of the page.
3. Get directed to a page that asks you to sign in.

... I think that's it for information. Let me know if you have any more questions... and I'll try to answer them.
Sae-chan

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:57 pm

Wooooops! That would be my fault. I neglected to remove that link when we took the image gallery down a few months back. Sorry!!!
Mithrandir

Postby Sae-chan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:14 pm

Oh! That makes a lot more sense now. Thanks! :)
Sae-chan

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:12 pm

I'm having the same problem as Nate had.

I have tried to make two new thread and every time, I hit the submit new thread button. I get nothing but a blank screen.

Non of my thread have a ! or ? in the title at all.

All I can do is reply to threads.

[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:59 pm

I have a theory on this. Please try again and report back. I've made a few modifications that should prevent this in the future.
Mithrandir

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:33 pm

Thanks Mith, it work.

I wasn't sure if you needed me to reply to this thread or not about the fix.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Maokun » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:16 pm

I have a question, sorry if this is not the right place (I'd messaged a mod, but it seems I have not enough "privileges" to do so).

I notice that after I post, the post has to be approved by a mod before it gets actually posted. I'm just wondering, is this the case for every post or is it just until I've posted enough to be trusted? If it's so, how many posts do I need to make until reaching more privileges? Is that the reason why the board wouldn't let me upload an animated gif for my avatar? Thanks a lot.
Maokun

Re: IMPORTANT! Before you report a bug.

Postby faithb4sight » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:51 pm

Is it okay to post Review bug issues here?

I'm using IE (can't remember if it's 7 or 8).

When I go into the review section of the site and click on the "Most Recently Added" link on the bottom right, I'm taken here instead: http://www.christiananime.net/reviews/caareviews.php?sysid=0&pageid=ShowAll&order=3 (sorted by total # of reviews, not by most recent).

When I click on "date submitted" within that page, the most recent review I see was submitted on Mar. 29th, but I know some have been submitted since then.

Also on the main review page (http://www.christiananime.net/reviews/caareviews.php?pageid=AnimeReviews), the section titled "10 Random Titles" never changes. When I refresh the page, the order is shuffled, but the titles remain the same ten titles as before.

Not sure if this is part of the issue or not, but under "Contributor List" I'm not listed as suggesting any titles - only of rating. I've suggested at least 5 titles (maybe more?) but the number stays at zero. My "Titles Rated" number is correct, though.

I don't know if this is a new issue. I've noticed it for at least a week, but I'd never tried to check recently rated titles before that point.

This all seems related together which is why I'm reporting it, but I apologize for the long post. Thanks!
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby goldenspines » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:09 pm

Hello Faithb4sight!

Thanks for reporting these bugs. The Reviews system has been buggy since its creation, but letting us know these things help us to make it, er, less buggy. XD

In regards to the first issue, I'm not sure why most recently added brings up the list like that. I'm going to make a stab and guess it's sorting it by the number of reviews it has (Ouran High School Host Club has the most reviews in our system), but that still seems a bit weird order to come up, so I'll make a note of that! Maybe we can change it to bring up the list sorted by "date submitted".
And, when you do click on "date submitted", the information you are reading is correct. Or rather, it's correct in showing that the last title approved was submitted on March 29th. All title submissions go through moderation for the sake of quality and duplicate control and don't register in the system until they are approved. This has pros and cons as you can imagine since it requires a moderator (mainly me), to go in and approve every title submission that comes in. I will try to be much more responsible in remembering to check the reviews every day. m(_ _)m
I tend to forget since the system is not too active yet.
That being said, you may notice some of these issues not present anymore because I approved most of the titles you submitted! (not Dragon Ball yet, though, since you left out some required info when you submitted it (like age rating, length, where to find more info, etc. I'll edit that up and approve it soon, though.)

That thing about the "Random Titles" not changing is weeeeeeeird. I'll definitely put that on the list of things to check out.

I do have a little Review system thread over here (for reporting bugs and such, though a recent issue is people not being able to submit reviews at all): http://www.christiananime.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64488

But if you do have any further bugs with the Reviews system, you can either post in that thread or shoot me a PM about it. Thanks again!
goldenspines

Postby faithb4sight » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:28 pm

Wow, what a quick reply! Thanks much!

As for Dragon Ball - yeah, I realized as soon as I submitted it :) I put the required info in my actual review of it, if you don't want to have to take the trouble to look it up.

And take your time with the approvals - I thought it was a system error, which is why I reported it. I got confused when the count on the main page kept going up but I wasn't seeing anything new in the list.

Believe me your work is appreciated! Thanks again and God bless.
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby TheGrigori » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:11 am

Is anyone going to approve any of my posts? If not Ill just move on.
TheGrigori

Return to Announcements and Feedback