Large signatures.. shouldn't there be a limit?

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Large signatures.. shouldn't there be a limit?

Postby JediSonic » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:14 pm

I often use the message boards at gamefaqs.com, and the signature rules there prohibit sigs longer than 2 lines or 80 characters. While that is a bit strict, don't you think there should be some sort of limit here on, for example, how large or distracting images in your sig can be?

I know I'm hardly one to talk, with my new banner, and I don't mean to point fingers, but I'd like to point out (as an example) "Kirika", who's sig contains an ANIMATED image that is about 250 pixels tall and over 400 wide.

Am I the only one who finds this sort of thing distracting? I suppose my 800x600 resolution makes me more sensitive but still...
JediSonic

Postby Ashley » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:58 pm

Usually we're pretty lax (obviously), but there are a few times I've asked people to size it down. If it ever gets to where it slows down our server, I'll definately ask for a limit. An interesting point to consider...thanks for bringing it up. I'll bring it before the "council" of admins/mods.
Ashley

Postby JediSonic » Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:48 am

Okay, that's cool : )
Some color shchemes that seem to blend into the site don't seem to bother me as much for some reason. For example, one user (something-angel, perhaps?) has a HUGE darkish-colored pic of an angel on it, but for some reason it doesn't bother me as much as the half-that-size neon blue animation I mentioned earlier.

Anyway, just thought I'd bring up the topic, sounds like you've got it covered though : )
JediSonic

Return to Announcements and Feedback