Black Revew

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Black Revew

Postby Zeke365 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:57 pm

[color=#FFBF00][color=#FFFFFF]I did a review from a comic by Ted Dekker just recently and thought I share it here but not sure where the best place was. This is my first time doing a review and give me your thoughts on the review

This review is based on Ted Dekker circle series made of black red and white put into a graphic novel. This review purely based on the graphic novels. Black review Summary: If you started living in two different worlds how would you feel if both of them felt real and every time you went to sleep you awoke in another world different from your own and went back to sleep to wake up in our world never knowing which one is real?

Plot: This is exactly what happens with Tomas Hunter when he is chased at night by someone in new york is shot but barely making to his sister house alive. Next thing Tomas knows he is waking in black forest with no memory of how he got there. Then he wakes up in black forest with no memory of how he got there. Now it up Tomas hunter to find his memory and what happened but is lead by the Roush to a color forest where everything seems to be perfect. Now which is real or fake or are they both real?

Art: The art is not great or good but at least it is clean, the only complaint is that a lot of the character models like Tomas hunter look too similar to one another. Pacing: The panels in this graphic novel do not flow as easy they should, as you see in the scene below on the pacing of the graphic novel, this scene is supposed to action but does feel like and sounds effects come a bit late or not at certain times when need the most.

[url][url=https://postimg.org/image/rp48bi9bx/]Image[/url][/url]

There is on character model they do get right and that this the Roush which are basically white bats with green eyes and the creators of the graphic novel seems to put more personality and care to those characters than any other.This scene shows the other world and how the Roush seems to overshadow the main character even explaining what they say is earth.

[url][url=https://postimg.org/image/hrt7ihjql/]Image[/url][/url]

Negatives: there is blood and killing in this graphic novel and it is not suited for younger children and some frighting images as well as some of the character designs of the shataiki. Syblimobicsm: Elyon represents God of today in this new earth with a couple of twists on creations and instead of eve eating the fruit we have we man eat first.

Conclusion: This is great graphic novel if you're into graphic novels but the character models feel off not memorable, pacing not well paced, and even though the premise is so much better and I feel they could have used a little more work
on the novel.

Conclusion: This is great graphic novel if you're into graphic novels but the character models feel off not memorable, pacing not well paced, and even though the premise is so much better and I feel they could have used a little more work on the novel.
[/color]

[url][url=https://postimg.org/image/gpj0zz3i5/]Image[/url][/url]
Zeke365

Return to Book Corner