What if you lived in the Marvel Universe

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

What if you lived in the Marvel Universe

Postby Rzerox21xx » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:46 am

It's a interesting concept to consider how you would live in a world where there are gods like Thor, Odin, Hercules, I guess you can refer them to little g gods. How would your life be when you realized that your life is really chaotic with Super heroes and super villians causing damage and other complications. You realized that your planet is constantly under thread by aliens, interdimensonal beings and monsters. Every forms of mythology exist. Would it shake your faith a bit. Another thing, how would your churches tolerate that very same super beings and gods and specially the most hated group from the general populace, Mutants. I would hope my church would be more tolerate on people who's by no fault on their own happen to have different appearances but its complicated and understandable when you would feel threatened by a guy who can shoot beams from his eyes if he ever loses controls. I figure it would be a interesting concept. It's not a black and white question that's for sure.

I guess you can show appreciation and gratitude to Thor for saving the city and universe but worshipping him would be out of the question.
Rzerox21xx

Re: What if you lived in the Marvel Universe

Postby SierraLea » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:42 pm

I don't know how my religion would react, but I know how I would.
Try to stay out of the battle's way, and if I do get caught in one, keep my head and GET OUT!!!
Mutants? Awesome! I finally have people I can understand! (Seriously, doesn't everyone feel like that sometimes?)
Pieces of mythology could be explained as beings God created between the planes of Angels and Humans, as humans who developed preternatural gifts.
Absolutely no worship, and no outright shunning. Hate the sin, love the sinner, and just existing will NEVER be a sin.
SierraLea

Postby LastLfan » Wed May 28, 2014 7:49 pm

I would never EVER go to new york, also try to go to an earth not as hectic as ours
LastLfan

Postby Furen » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:27 pm

The people in the Marvel universe barely seem to worship him, so I don't think that would be a problem...

If we lived in that universe, I guess many would become just like most people in the marvel universe, the ones that are afraid of Mutants and many other heroes. On the other hand, if people are anything like in our universe, there would be so many more jealous people, and that wouldn't be good.

Plus, that means supervillans.... I'll stick to reading the comics.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Return to Book Corner