Favorite comic book author.

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Favorite comic book author.

Postby marro1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:25 am

Mine is by far Dennis Hopeless. He is amazing. What's yours?
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

I'm a worthless piece of garbage that can't even write a straight looking K!
Death the Kid.

marro1

Re: Favorite comic book author.

Postby Rzerox21xx » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:23 pm

Old school would be Chris Claremont, he pretty much transformed X-men from a dying title to the famous franchise that is known today. made its famous storys like Dark Phoenix and Days of the Future Past, wrote the x-titles and it's spinoff such as New Mutants and Excalibur for 17 years on his first one,(1976-1991) returning at times. I'm happy he's going to return to write a NightCrawler ongoing.

2nd old school would be Roger Stern who's voted as the 2nd best writer to Spiderman only surpassed by Stan Lee. He made that famous Spiderman vs Juggernaut as well as the Hobgoblin mystery that actually lasted 15 years, its complicated.

Modern writer, well Brian Micheal Bendis(created and wrote Ultimate Spider-man snice 2000 and still writing it even after SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Peter's death and replacement by the likiable Miles Morales.

honorable mentions, Brian Wood, Jason Aaron. Scott Synder
Rzerox21xx

Postby LastLfan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:17 am

Second on dennis hopeless. I'm gonna add jeff lemire, he pretty much saved the new 52 green arrow series and made it something special again. Also matt fraction, particulary his hawkeye and his defenders series were very nicely done
LastLfan

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:17 pm

It's a toss up between Bill Willingham, Brian K. Vaughan, Arthur Dela Cruz (Kissing Chaos), and Brian Wood. Also, the now dead 'minx comics' for ladies had a lot of great writers as well.
yukoxholic

Postby Rzerox21xx » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:06 am

yukoxholic wrote:It's a toss up between Bill Willingham, Brian K. Vaughan, Arthur Dela Cruz (Kissing Chaos), and Brian Wood. Also, the now dead 'minx comics' for ladies had a lot of great writers as well.

Brian wood is a great writer, I love his all female team X-men. consisting of Storm, Psylocke, Kitty Pryde, Rogue, Rachel Grey(Cyclops and jean daughter from the dystopian future) and Jubilee(who's a vampire). the team changed around issue 7 which had Kitty and Rogue replaced by Monet(from X-factor) and Karima.

Rzerox21xx

Postby Furen » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:57 am

Rzerox21xx wrote:Jubilee(who's a vampire).

Woah woah woah... when did Jubilee become a vampire?

I really like the writing style of Ian Flynn (Sonic the Hedgehog comics)

I'm reading back issues of TA Spiderman, so I don't know who my favourite writer of that series yet, but Marv Wolfman created/wrote the first few stories that black Cat is in, and I love any issue that focuses on her, so he's currently the best spiderman writer in my books.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:05 am

I'm not that into comic books these days but I still indulge occasionally.

I think that of the newer batch of authors Paul Cornell is my favourite; he made name as a Doctor Who writer (wrote Father's Day and Human Nature / Family of Blood but seems to have found his niche in comic books now. His rather brutal deconstruction of Lex Luthor and his place in the Old 52 DC Universe in The Black Ring is one of my favourites reeds.

Of the older ones there's Alan Moore (even if I'm not a fan of his moral views) and Neil Gaiman. I also liked Jeff Smith's Bone a lot. I'm also a fan of Hergé, creator of the Tintin graphic novels. :D
bigsleepj

Postby John_Smith » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:22 pm

Chris Claremont and Jason Aaron.

Furen wrote:Woah woah woah... when did Jubilee become a vampire?

For the past four years now. Then there's the fact that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: she's an adoptive mother, but it's also worth noting that she and her son from the future came, but her future self was killed, but her future son stuck around in the present instead of going back, so now she basically has two adopted sons, but they're the really the same person. That being said, that was only in the last comics I read, about a year ago, so it's very probable that such has changed already.
John_Smith

Postby nln_rose » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:21 am

For me it'd have to be Dan Slott i know that he's been getting a lot of flak for superior spider-man, but i enjoyed it. there's also Brian Michael Bendis.
I hope you don't mind me barging in like this. In spite of the profession I've chosen, I've never actually made a confession before. It's these times we live in. I did what it took to protect the children at any cost. That's how I always justified my actions. I took many people's lives, all that time believing there was no other way. My sins are so heavy. Too heavy. Too heavy to ever atone for. And yet, somehow I feel happy, at peace with myself today. It really can be done. Once you stop to think about it, there are plenty of ways to save everyone. Why didn't I ever listen to him? Why didn't I see that before it was too late? -Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Priest)
nln_rose

Return to Book Corner