The Unicorn Chronicles

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

The Unicorn Chronicles

Postby Scarecrow » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:52 pm

Has anyone read this series? (Into the Land of the Unicorns, Song of the Wanderer, Dark Whispers, and The Last Hunt) It's like for kids and I admit I read the first book when I was in about 6th grade but I really enjoyed it. They're really small, easy to read books but anyway. The thing that bugged the crap out of me back then was the annoying cliffhanger ending! And at the time, that's all there was. I do remember hearing about the second book coming out years later but didn't bother with it after hearing it too ended on a cliffhanger ending too so I thought I'd wait till they all came out...

So about 15 years later and still always wondering what was next, I was ecstatic to find out that the 4th and final book came out last year. So I thought it was time to pick up these books and read through it all. I'm just hoping it's as good as I remember it... I'm anxiously awaiting them to come in the mail :)

Has anyone else read this series? What did you think of it?
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Atria35 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:35 pm

I got the first book when I was about.... in 5th grade, I believe. And the second one when I was in 8th or so. It's been FOREVER! xD I figured he dropped it after the second, though it was set up for another book. I need to go to my library and pick up the series if the entire series is out! I loved it so much!
Atria35

Re: The Unicorn Chronicles

Postby SierraLea » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:30 pm

I wish I'd found this a long time ago. I loved all the books, but didn't like it when they had three or more different stories going at once. They did that a lot after the first book, and it felt majorly splintered to me.
SierraLea

Return to Book Corner