[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Brian Jacques - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Brian Jacques

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Brian Jacques

Postby Lochaber Axe » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:16 pm

I personally have Taggerung in my library, though my favorite is Salamandastron. *Teenage guy mode* I mean come on!! You have a cool name like that and has a huge badger killing rats with a hare army!!! That is Cool!!! *Teenage guy mode off* There was also that one tactic that was in Zulu. It is that the first line of bowmen (or British soldiers as that movie has) gets on their knees after firing and reloads while the line behind them stands up fires, reloads, stands up again,and so on. That mows down lines of enemy pretty easily and without machine guns. It would be impressive to see a wave like motion with 3 or more lines. My second favorite is Martin the Warrior.

Want are your favorites?
Lochaber Axe

Postby Locke » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:59 pm

umm lets see *searches through masive library shelf*

ah yes i do seem to have a copy of REDWALL here

one of my favorites
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby madphilb » Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:32 pm

hehhe... sadly I've only read the original book (Redwall) in the series, but it's on my "to read" list at some point.

I have seen an animated series based off the first two books (two series actually I guess)... but I don't really count that.... gotta read the things! :D

So I guess my fav. would be Redwall! ;)
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby kirakira » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:11 pm

Ooo...I don't know if I could pick. ^^ I've read all of 'em except Loamhedge, the new one. Taggerung is good, but I think I agree that Salamandastron is way-too-cool and is my favorite. ^^ heh, I never looked at badgers the same way after that. ^^
Love wins.
kirakira

Postby Icarus » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:16 pm

I haven't read Loamhedge yet, but I love the series. My faves? "The Outcast of Redwall," "The Legend of Luke," "The Long Patrol," "Triss," "Marlfox"... I can't decide.

I can easily tell you my favorite character, though. Gonff, Prince of Mousethieves.

The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby JediSonic » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:14 am

I think Redwall would have to be my favorite. I read marlfox after that, and started to read another but dropped it cuz I was getting bored of small-animal adventure stories :lol:
JediSonic

Postby Six » Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:14 am

i love redwall.. i have The Legend of Luke Hardback and Salamandastron signed by Brian Jaques... hes a kool guy and an extremely good author... i havent gotten the chance to read loamhedge yet but i have the rest of the books... definatly very different and immensly entertaining... for beginners know that he does not write in chronological order but DONT read them in chronological order... they are meant to be read in the order in which they are written so as to not spoil plots in other books.
Six

Location: Pittsfield MA but i preffer Philly which is where I will be going to College

Postby Emanku » Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:21 am

I've only read the original book, but I plan on reading others in the series. One of my friends keeps telling me its a really great series (his favourite is Salamandastron too) but i've been too busy lately. I'll get around to it one of these days, though.
I will not waver, doubt or falter for all truth in this world has been written into the book here at my side.
Emanku

Postby laka » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:12 pm

I love this series!!!! I'm trying to collect the whole series from used book stores and Barnes and Noble. I still haven't found my favorite one in paperback(those are the only ones I collect) The Long Patrol! I love those funny, rambuncios hares. notice I said hares not rabbits like those awful vermin call them.
laka

Location: NC but long to live in the enchanted forest near the mountains of morning.

Postby Gypsy » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:58 am

Oh! I'm a huge Redwall fan!! Between my brother and I - I think we're only one book short of having the entire collection. I think Mossflower was my favorite (not to mention it's the collest title in the world).
Gypsy

Postby Lochaber Axe » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:25 pm

KiraKira's reply made me think of something. How has the Redwall series affected your take of the animal world? Do you now have a intense loathing of rats and ferrets and admiration for badgers and otters? Tell us how the books changed you.
Lochaber Axe

Postby SVD997 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:55 pm

I love this series, and LA brings up a good point: I never thought of Badgers as being good animals. But now I really don't look at them that way anymore. I also love the way he has different accents for the different animals. My faveorite book? I'm not sure, it's been awhile since I've read them. School does that to you. I think Redwall would have to be my faveorite.
Looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of that great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.
~Titus 2:13

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
SVD997

Postby Locke » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:59 pm

me and ferrets still koo but i still got tofu with tha rats for what they did in redwall

tsk tsk... i though somthing else while reading it, what if it were reversed? the mice were the evil ones instead of the rats and frerrets..
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby jayquam » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:34 pm

i know this is old,but i like mossflower and martian the warrior
jayquam

Postby The Last Bard » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:26 am

I have Redwall and Mossflower. And I really enjoy them both! I've been meaning to pick up another one sometime soon.
The Last Bard

Postby SnoringFrog » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:19 pm

I've read the first four in the series, and I have Lord Brocktree on my shelf, but I really want to get the rest of the series. So far I think Mattimeo was my favorite.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:50 pm

Well, this has been resurrected. I managed to miss it the first time around, but I have indeed read almost all of the Redwall series. But by this point it has been literally years, and I wasn't sure even then what my favorite novel would have been.
uc pseudonym

Postby QtheQreater » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:05 pm

I think I've read them all...can't remember which one I liked the most...although I really liked the ones about hares...currently I'm re-reading "Outcast of Redwall".
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby jayquam » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:02 am

i read a great deal of them, but some of the ones where badgers and Salamanstrum were the main focus points were less interesting to me.
Serious, Intense, Low-key.
jayquam

Postby Kkun » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:38 am

I've read Redwall, Salamandastron, Marlfox, Mossflower, and The Long Patrol all at various points in my short life. They were all great.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby kaze » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:35 pm

Aww I used to love the Redwall series~ I forgot the last one I read though. Now I feel like I should go find them and read them again...
visit my DA and SA pages please~

deviantArt+++クリック+++
sheezyArt++クリック++

夢の中でも ふらふら する。
kaze

Postby andi » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:14 am

I love Redwall! I've read all his books. I think my favorite is the newest one, High Rhulain.
andi

Postby Ryusei » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:51 pm

I've never read Redwall or any of the series... I started to read one (can't remember which), but I got bored. I need to go read them, though! As for Brian Jacques books in general, "Castaways of the Flying Dutchman" and "The Angel's Command" were REALLY REALLY good! They're like two of my favorite books! =DDDDDD
"That's some good advice. Maybe I should write that down, frame it, and stick it up on my wall." - Colonel Karl Lichen Schubaltz (Zoids: Chaotic Century)

"I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours" - Casting Crowns ("Who Am I")
Ryusei

Postby Miso_Chan » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:54 am

my favorite is Taggerung and High Rulain. triss is pretty good too. I actually met brian jaques and got his autograph. I also have seen the animated TV series, it was pretty bad though.................

but I have to say, the martin the warrior in the TV series was pretty good.
私は必死に日本への高等学校の外に移動することを希望し、日本の学生です。とにかく私の場合はより詳細な研究では、メインの仕方を知っているお問い合わせください!

私のお気に入りのアニメをしているカノンは、涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱ハチミツとクローバー、カウボーイビバップ.
Miso_Chan

Return to Book Corner