A Song of Ice and Fire

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

A Song of Ice and Fire

Postby rocklobster » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:16 pm

Lately I've been reading the epic George RR Martin saga, A Song of Ice and Fire. These books are HUGE! They are about a civil war that takes place in a quasi-medival land called Westeros. Each book is told from several points of view, rather than focusing on one character. There are four books currently published, but there's a fifth one coming "sometime" (I put that in quotes because no one, not even George R.R. Martin himself, knows when it will be finished. Here's hoping he doesn't suffer the same fate as Robert Jordan). The four books currently available are:
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows--have yet to read this one
My favorite characters in the series are: Queen Cersei, (actually, I love to hate her. She is chillingly evil), Arya Stark (do not mess with this little girl. Not unless you want her to stick you with her sword's pointy end :grin:), Sansa Stark (poor thing. Martin just loves to give this girl grief), and Tyrion Lannister (an imp that you just can't help but like).
A word of warning to anyone who might read these books: they are VERY violent (poor Sansa is raped twice!) and vulgar. If you can't handle graphic violence and sexuality, I advise you to not read them.
So is anyone else into these books?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:17 pm

I spanking love these books... TV series is coming out soon too. The cast list is already up.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:17 pm

I haven't read them yet because I'm still working through Jordan, but my brother has told me about them and...

[spoiler]Rob :'([/spoiler]
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Winry » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:05 pm

I liked the first three books; fourth one was eh for me. I didn't like that it only focused on half the characters and it just dragged on. Arya and Bran are two of my favorite characters (having a hard time remembering other characters I like since it's been awhile since I've read the books.) I can't wait to see the TV series, hope it comes out good.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Return to Book Corner