Vampire Hunter D Book Series

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Vampire Hunter D Book Series

Postby DragoonKnight » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:45 am

Is this series particularily explicit sexually? I have an interest in it, especially since Amano does the artwork.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Your friendly neighborhood Dragoon Knight!
DragoonKnight

Postby Kaori » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:42 pm

I've read volume one, and I don't recall anything sexually explicit. It was also not particularly well-written, which is why I never bothered with any of the others; nor were the Amano illustrations particularly good, compared to other things he has done. Unless you are a truly die-hard Vampire Hunter D fan and want to read the novel for that reason, there's no real reason to buy it, IMHO.

For the price of a couple of those novels, you could instead get Sandman: The Dream Hunters. It's written by Neil Gaiman and illustrated by Amano, so the story is well-written, and instead of a few second-rate black and white illustrations here and there by Amano, you get a large amount of truly gorgeous artwork. Some pieces are in black and white (because of the medium) and some are in full color. I also believe it's possible to get Amano artbooks in the States, although that would be rather more expensive.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby DragoonKnight » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:41 pm

Ah, yes! I have come across that book here in Alaska before, but decided not to buy it, as it was rather expensive...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Your friendly neighborhood Dragoon Knight!
DragoonKnight

Return to Book Corner