Most despicable characters in books you've read

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Postby Winry » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:56 pm

Regal [Assassin's Apprentice]
General Woundwart [Watership Down]
Badrang the Tyrant [Martin the Warrior]
Pol [Dragon Prince series - yes I know he is a "good" main character but I hated him]
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby Doubleshadow » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:20 pm

Tash from The Last Battle from the Chronicles of Narnia
Napoleon from Animal Farm
Shaggy Beard from Catherine, Called Birdy
Heloise from Count of Monte Cristo
Bellatrix Lestange, Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter
Saruman from LOTR
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby SAVEDbyGRACE » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:05 am

lol yeah count olaf made me maaaaad x_X i like draco malfoy though
[SIZE="1"]"But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."[/SIZE]
SAVEDbyGRACE

Re: Most despicable characters in books you've read

Postby artisticDreamer » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:10 am

rocklobster wrote:Count Olaf from Series of Unfortuante Events

I copletely agree. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: HE TRIES TO MARRY A FOURTEEN YEAR OLD. WHO DOES THAT?!
artisticDreamer

Postby DecooPunk » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Hmmm. I've read books but I can't really think of anyone. Theres Gadwick from Reb and The Redcoats but he wasn't so much despicable as really sad. Wormtounge. The woman who ran the school Sara Crewe attended.

Edit: ahhh. Gravedig.
DecooPunk

Postby Nocturnalux » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:10 pm

Mildred from Somerset Maugham's Of Human Bondage. Unlike those evilz super powered villains in fantasy fiction, Mildred-like people do exist in every day life and they make sure that everyone has a much harder time because of them. Also, Arabella from Jude the Obscure also counts as a horribly despicable person whose entire existence seems to be to bring as much misery to those around her as humanly possible.
Nocturnalux

Postby seaglass27 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:51 am

Wolf Larsen from Jack London's Sea Wolf. He is a representation of mankind's state when naturalism is followed to its philosophical conclusion.
seaglass27

Postby Krystallos » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:56 am

Okay so I generally like villains, they're cool and they do their job and the books wouldn't be interesting without them. And sometimes I think villains are the best characters, but there is only one I despise.
Sybil from The Lunar Chronicles.
I can't stand her. I can't stand any part of her. She's not even the main evil character but I hate her more than I hate any fictional or real person I know. Any other villain gets general feelings from me (like "oh yeah I don't like the bad guy"), but this lady, I am ready to murder her. I actually enjoyed the scene she died in.

Which really scares me because I'm not that violent of a person, and she's fictional for Pete's sake, but I laughed as she died. I'd never been more afraid of myself than in that moment.

Ah, good talk, good talk. I'm sure I'll make plenty of friends now. XD
I feel as though I should put something here...
Krystallos

Postby Zeldafan2 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:15 am

Krystallos wrote:Okay so I generally like villains, they're cool and they do their job and the books wouldn't be interesting without them. And sometimes I think villains are the best characters, but there is only one I despise.
Sybil from The Lunar Chronicles.
I can't stand her. I can't stand any part of her. She's not even the main evil character but I hate her more than I hate any fictional or real person I know. Any other villain gets general feelings from me (like "oh yeah I don't like the bad guy"), but this lady, I am ready to murder her. I actually enjoyed the scene she died in.

Which really scares me because I'm not that violent of a person, and she's fictional for Pete's sake, but I laughed as she died. I'd never been more afraid of myself than in that moment.

Ah, good talk, good talk. I'm sure I'll make plenty of friends now. XD

Don't worry about it. A lot of us have felt that way. I wanted to murder Jason from the Heroes of Olympus series just for being criminally bland. :P
Zeldafan2

Postby Krystallos » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:34 pm

Zeldafan2 wrote: Don't worry about it. A lot of us have felt that way. I wanted to murder Jason from the Heroes of Olympus series just for being criminally bland. :P

Haha XD thanks!
Yeah I remember Jason was kind of bland XD I didn't really hate him, but I definable didn't care for him.
I feel as though I should put something here...
Krystallos

Previous

Return to Book Corner