Recommendations and Criticism

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Postby Lilac#18 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:01 pm

[color="Plum"]Has anyone read The Last Princess and The Cup of Immortality (The Goddess Prophecies)? I'm thinking about reading it. It only has one book for now and it's gotten good reviews on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. They say if you're a Harry Potter and/or Twilight fan, you will love it.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Furen » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:51 am

NEVER READ Lord of the Flies EVER (I just hate it that much I wouldn't make my arch rival do it)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Atria35 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:29 am

Furen (post: 1421839) wrote:NEVER READ Lord of the Flies EVER (I just hate it that much I wouldn't make my arch rival do it)

At the same time, while it is a horrific tale of kids gone wild, I think it may not be so far from the mark of what would happen. All in all, it just seems like a more brutal version of stuff I saw on the playground almost everyday. I mean, the author basically told of atrocities he saw during World War 2, he he's not making stuff up out of thin air.

And he did make a convincing point that people shouldn't be left to regulate themselves, which was a big thing in this book. I mean, when countries fragment, the usual result is war and massacre, which history bears out. It's not that far from what happens.

As gruesome as it is, it's an excelent social commentary.
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:38 am

I recommend The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander. Excellent character development here.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Previous

Return to Book Corner