Redwall

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Redwall

Postby rocklobster » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:02 am

I love Brian Jacques's Redwall books. So, I'm curious, am I the only Redwall fan on CAA?
Go Matthias!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby goldenspines » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:44 am

I remember reading almost all of Brian Jacques' books (starting with Redwall, then the many many other stories -continuations/prologues/etc. of the original story) when I was much younger. I can only remember bits and peices of the stories now, but they were very enjoyable to read.
I recall even seeing a Redwall cartoon once. ^_^

But yeah, good books. I'll have to go back and reread them all one day.
goldenspines

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:03 am

I remember when I used to be obsessed with those, ages ago. My mom read most of them to me, but I do remember reading Redwall and Marlfox. Good times, good times. My recollection of them is just vague haze minus a few character deaths, the Marlfoxes all killed each other(or most, anyways), and that the badgers were really scary when their eyes turned red. Oh, and then there was the sword of Martin.

I remember the cartoon, but it was serious adaption decay, with it's own original storyline and stuff. I remember having to tape it, as it was on when we went to church.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:23 am

yay! I used to love Redwall!
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby rocklobster » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:35 am

Yeah, I remember the cartoon too. It wasn't all thatbad. They had Tim Curry do a voice.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:49 am

The cartoon actually wasn't awful. I sold it pretty quickly after picking it up, but it warn't bad, burr oi.

I read the books all through Middle School and much of High School, loving Martin's adventures particularly. I hadn't actually thought about the books in a long time until my room mate got me High Rhulain for Christmas this year. I may start reading a bit again, but I started to fall out of his books around the time Marlfox came out and only read a couple after that.

Actually, the books did more to instill a sense of morality in me than almost any other influence in my life at that time, including Church. They're pretty powerful good/evil tales, although I've heard a lot of people make some pretty interesting points on the case of racism. I'm torn. The Species of Redwall encompass culture groups, as can be found in that every race speaks some dialect or accent found on the British Isles, but it also seems at times that they represent temperment as much as race. Of course, I could be reading in to that and it really is as clear as "Some races are bad and some races are good and no matter how you fight, you will only ever be what your race dictates you are."
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:59 am

rocklobster (post: 1363061) wrote:Yeah, I remember the cartoon too. It wasn't all thatbad. They had Tim Curry do a voice.

I actually loved the cartoon.
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Icarus » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:45 pm

Man, it's been ages since I read any of Jacques works...

Gonff forever.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Winry » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:33 pm

I loved Redwall in Jr High and High School, but kind of tired of them around the time of The Legend of Luke. My favorite is still Martin the Warrior =) I think I read that one like 3 times. Go Martin!
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:13 pm

Winry (post: 1363332) wrote:I loved Redwall in Jr High and High School, but kind of tired of them around the time of The Legend of Luke. My favorite is still Martin the Warrior =) I think I read that one like 3 times. Go Martin!

Yup! That was my first and still my favorite. My mother's was Mariel of Redwall.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Icarus » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:04 am

[quote = Etoh]My mother's was Mariel of Redwall.[/QUOTE]
Ah, the Gullwhacker. She was another of my favorites.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby SeraphicCharm » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:39 pm

I only ever read Mossflower, but it was a good book! I really enjoyed it.
SeraphicCharm

Postby ST. Attidude » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:56 pm

Mattimeo and Salamandastron are EPIC novels!! Not too long ago, I started reading Marlfox, but I stopped for some reason <.<.....
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby Wikiwalker » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:34 am

Hooray, Redwall. I have loved this series since I was . . . elevenish? I don't know. I've read all of them and have been collecting them for some time. My siblings used to read them too but have mostly stopped. Sometimes I think "I'm nearly twenty, I should stop reading kids' books," but there is no way I will ever stop reading Redwall. The pure childish idealism of these books keeps me reading even through the ones I don't like. I've gone to see Brian Jacques speak a few times and he's so funny it only makes me more addicted.
*sigh* I am just hopelessly addicted to Redwall.
Wikiwalker

Return to Book Corner