Entire Bloom County Run to be Re-released!

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Entire Bloom County Run to be Re-released!

Postby Tarnish » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:54 pm

http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/252/

(San Diego, February 4, 2009) IDW Publishing is pleased to announce the forthcoming release of The Bloom County Library. Beginning in October 2009, each of the five volumes will collect nearly two years worth of daily and Sunday strips, in chronological order. This will be the very first time that many of these comic strips have been collected, and the first time in a beautifully designed, hardcover format. The books will be part of IDW's Library of American Comics imprint, and designed by Eisner Award-winner Dean Mullaney.

I'm so excited, I can hardly contain it! I've read Bloom County ever since I was little (I'm pretty sure it was the first comic strip I followed religiously). While some might argue that Calvin and Hobbes is the superior strip, Bloom's definitely my all time favorite.

Geez...it's only February. I've got a long wait ahead.
Tarnish

Postby Robin Firedrake » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:09 pm

Calvin and Hobbes needs to start up again. Maybe in the time that's passed, he's turned into a thirteen year old. Think of all the trouble he and Hobbes could get into THEN...
Robin Firedrake

Postby Tarnish » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:24 pm

Yeah! Then we could see all the wacky things and touching moments Calvin would have with his shrink after his parents realize that as a teen he STILL TALKS TO HIS PLUSH TOYS.

A minor flaw, but y'know.
Tarnish

Postby Robin Firedrake » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:24 am

A minor flaw with your logic. This is a comic strip. Reality need not apply.
Robin Firedrake

Return to Book Corner