Cure for the common life

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Cure for the common life

Postby bakura_fan » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:45 pm

anyone read this? I'm on chapter three and for the first time in a long time I'm finally feeling better about life. It's by max lucado.
http://www.maxlucado.com/cure/

there's an online seminar type thing that really gives a good idea as to what the book's about. :thumb: I recommend this to anyone who's been feeling out of place in their life.
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Sheenar » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:39 pm

Haven't read it, but Max Lucado spoke at the Women of Faith conference (2 years ago, I think) and talked about some of the things that were in it in his message. Pretty awesome stuff.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Return to Book Corner