Camy Tang's Sushi Series

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Camy Tang's Sushi Series

Postby AsianBlossom » Sun May 25, 2008 7:46 pm

Has anyone heard of these books? They can be classified as "Asian Christian Chick Lit" (heh) and so far, the one I've read is pretty good. The two books that are currently out are Sushi for One?, which I borrowed from my library recently, and Only Uni, which I'm waiting to borrow. The series is about four cousins, their love lives, and their relationships with God. It's kind of funny, I didn't realize that these types of books existed, but before I found them, this was exactly the type of book I was looking for, or at least would want to read. Camy Tang has done a great job on the first book, and on the sample I read from book 2 she has posted on her website. :D

Sorry if my writing sounds a little strange...it's late and I'm tired.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby NekoChan_C » Sun May 25, 2008 7:53 pm

I just got a new "fiction" catalog from CDB and it featured her books... I thought they looked pretty interesting... they are light fiction, I assume?
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Postby Taliesin » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:21 pm

I'm ashamed to admit I read them both. They were lying around the house and I was bored so I picked them up and started reading them. They were pretty good. I got them for free because my mom knows the author. Pretty sweet deal, huh?
FKA starhammer

Communism is only the perfect government if you have the perfect leader. And I'm only available Tuesdays.

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby AsianBlossom » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:40 am

Your mom knows Camy Tang? O_O Could you please tell her that there's a fan out there who is glad she is writing "Asian Christian Chick Lit"? I'd be very appreciative.

Sorry for sounding so stupid, but what exactly is "light fiction"? -///-

Also I've finally gotten the book from my library, and I'm a little more than halfway through it. Pretty good so far.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Return to Book Corner