[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
What part of the Bible are you currently on and reading? - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

What part of the Bible are you currently on and reading?

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

What part of the Bible are you currently on and reading?

Postby Angel Tifa » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:28 pm

What part of the Bible is everyone currently on and reading?

Right now I'm on the New Testament, the Gospel according to Mark, on chapter 5/The Gerasine Demoniac.
[color="Purple"]God Is Good All The Time :angel:![/color]
Angel Tifa

Postby Doubleshadow » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:15 pm

Working my way through the book of John.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:20 pm

i finished john and acts, and i'm on romans right now.

i'm also working through the psalms.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Lilac#18 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:20 pm

I'm on Mark.I still haven't finish the old testament and I left off somewhere in deuteronomy.I haven't been reading the bible as much as I should.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Angel Tifa » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:17 am

I'm on Mark 8. What's nice about my Bible is that it's got a ribbon attached to the spine so that I can use it as a book mark so I don't get lost.

Btw my Bible is called "New American Standard Bible" which is the one my best friend Angela picked for me. She said it's one of the best ones and she was the one who helped bring me back to the Lord btw.
[color="Purple"]God Is Good All The Time :angel:![/color]
Angel Tifa

Postby ich1990 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:39 am

My church group is doing an in depth study of James, so that is what I am reading. I have been using "The Message" paraphrase of the bible. Due to it being written in modern english, "The Message" has really revived my interest in the reading the bible (which is good!).

I am reading here:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=66&chapter=1&version=65
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:55 pm

II Chronicles

Part of my general plan to reread the Old Testament now that I'm an adult. I actually have all the Writings and Prophets done, so I'm close.
uc pseudonym

Postby sharien chan » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:05 pm

I'm rereading psalms, 2nd Chronicles, Acts, and Revelation. I read some from each book each night.
12 books and I've read the entire bible! It's only taken 9 months. >->
sharien chan

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:00 pm

I'm currently translating the Gospel of Mark from the original Greek.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Danderson » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:54 am

Just finished Titus....I've been looking through Pauls letters to the various early churches....very good stuff, especially for issues of today.....
Danderson

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:47 am

I'm reading Mark, like lots of people seem to be doing, and as a family we're working (slowly) through Romans.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby ClosetOtaku » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:46 pm

Someone once suggested opening my Quiet Time with the following:

Psalms -- you take what day of the month it is (say, the 15th), and you read the 15th, 45th, 75th, 105th, and 135th Psalm (i.e. keep adding 30 until you're out of Psalms). On the 31st, you read Psalm 119 (the really long one).

Proverbs -- you take what day of the month it is, and you read that Proverb.

I've added the daily reading from My Utmost For His Highest to that. Then, if I'm studying a book of the Bible, I'll go to that.

Remarkably, after doing this for almost seven years, I'm still finding new things regularly.

I'm currently translating the Gospel of Mark from the original Greek.

.rai//

Now that's some serious work right there.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Sheenar » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:35 pm

I'm currently reading through Acts...I'm in chapter 14
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby LadyRushia » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:49 pm

I'm reading Genesis and also skipping around a lot. This week and last week, I read through Titus, Philemon, 1st John, 2nd John, 3rd John, and Hebrews.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby GeneD » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:14 am

I'm currently in Job. Some of it is a bit over my head, but some of it is great. After this I'll be going back to the New Testament though.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Kkun » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:20 am

I'm rereading the Gospels, out of any kind of order. I'm in John right now.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:26 pm

I currently have no arranged reading plan.I just open it up to wherever.
mitsuki lover

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:52 pm

I just finished reading Colossians.
GhostontheNet

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:35 pm

I am currently working my way through the Gospel of Matthew.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:39 pm

I just read The Gospel Of John chapters 1-12. I wanted to read it to the finish, but the book is so deep that I maxed out.
GhostontheNet

Postby rocklobster » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:28 am

I actually read along with the church. We have a subscription to a magazine that interprets the readings of the Catholic Mass for the next three months in every issue.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:23 am

Right now, I'm working on reading Daniel. So far I've read through chapters 1-6.
GhostontheNet

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:51 am

Well, I don't read through entire chapters, but excerpts...^^'. I read an part of 1 Peter ch 1 yesterday morning.
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Amzi Live » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:53 am

I tried to read the Bible all the way through last year,but stopped somewhere in Leviticus I think.Now I started again from Genesis.
Hope I can finish it this time
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:10 pm

Today I finished reading Daniel.
GhostontheNet

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:39 pm

I am currently reading the book of James. It's amazing how much more I'm getting from this book now that I am an adult. All of the little minor details I didn't think were important when I was younger now jump out at me with real purpose.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:15 pm

My reading schedule has been thrown off for several weeks, but things should be returning to normal now. In any case, I finished II Chronicles. Only Ezra/Nehemiah and then my rereading campaign is complete.

After that off to the epistles, which should be interesting given how young I was the last time I read them. Unfortunately, I'm going to try to read each letter in one sitting, so my reading will be broken up significantly.
uc pseudonym

Postby NekoChan_C » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:58 pm

Well, being that I have VERY little free time, what with the job and kids and Metal Gear Solid and all... I have the daily devotional From Faith to Faith and there are selected scripture passages for each day, so I normally read the devotion, then the correlating passage, then usually THAT prompts me to read another passage... My faves for now are Psalms (David was pretty angsty, for a king, and his son had a few issues too...) and I always go back to Proverbs 31... and Ephesians, for dealing with my day to day life and how I should act toward my man, my kids, my family, my friends, coworkers, etc... good stuff. :)
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu May 01, 2008 1:28 pm

I am currently reading:The Bible Designed To Be Read As Living Literature(copyright 1936 & 1943).One of the things I enjoy about reading it is that the chapter and verse numberings are deleted.
mitsuki lover

Postby Popsicle » Thu May 01, 2008 4:19 pm

[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Some people at my school and I formed a little Bible study on campus and we are reading through Acts right now. But at home I've been reading Song of Solomon. It's all about LOVE! It's such a cute book in the Bible. [/color]
Popsicle

Next

Return to Book Corner