The Circle

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

The Circle

Postby Felix » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:09 pm

I know we already have a thread for the Circle trilogy, but with the recent release of books 1 & 2 of the Lost Books series and the imminent release of books 3 and 4, as well as the final book in the Project Showdown series (Sinner), I figured we should have a discussion thread for the amazing series of books known collectively as The Circle.

I shouldn't have to say this, but please keep all spoilers tagged.

I love these books to death :D The parallel realities... the spiritual allegories... everything is just so epic. I'm amazed at how seamlessly Dekker has woven everything together (or I assume he has, because the picture isn't complete yet, and there's a hundred questions I'm dying to have answered.

But for the purposes if making this thread, I wanted to talk about the Lost Books in particular, the first two of which were just released in December. Has anyone read them yet?
It's true that they're geared more toward a teen audience, but they're still chock full of the masterful storytelling and thrilling plot arcs that we've come to expect from Dekker. He also doesn't dumb down his writing at all for the younger target audience. The main protagonists are, themselves, juveniles, and the story is often told somewhat from their perspective, so that may serve to lend some of the "youngish" feel to the story, but the characters are put in situations above and beyond anything an adult would have to face, and they certainly grow and mature because of it.
Don't want to give too much away though. ^_~

Who else has picked up the first two Lost Books? Me, I don't know if I'll be able to wait until May to get the next two!
Felix

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:57 pm

I love The Circle Trilogy and almost anything put out by Ted Dekker.
Unfortunately the two Lost books haven't made their way to Australian shores yet so I haven't been able to read them but when I do (should be fairly soon), I 'll post my thoughts.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby animewarrior » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:57 pm

I love the Circle Trilogy! However this is news for me. I haven't read these Lost Books but I'll get on it right away! I'll give my feedback when I've read the books! ^.^
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Return to Book Corner