Love as a Foreign Language

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Love as a Foreign Language

Postby AsianBlossom » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:36 pm

Has anyone else on here read this series? It's actually a comic written by J. Torres and illustrated by Eric Kim, and it's about a young guy named Joel who decided that he wanted to teach English in South Korea. But, as it turns out, he ends up not liking anything over there at all...well, with the exception of Hana, a girl he ends up seeing one day and falling in love with at first site.

The reason I picked up this series is because J. Torres is the writer (at least I think he's the only one) for Teen Titans Go!...and I'm glad I did.

(For those of you who haven't read it and are now interested, the series is published by Oni Press and carries a 'T' rating for use of alcohol, mild language, and some innuendo. It is available in 6 72-page books or two omnibus volumes that appear similar to your standard manga, only reading left-to-right.)
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Alice » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:56 pm

My mom read at least one volume of this. I believe I read it, too, but it seemed like nothing much happened in it.
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby SailorDove » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:57 pm

Yep, read 2 volumes waiting for the 3rd, if it ever comes out. My mom & I enjoyed it. Cute Boy meets girl story.
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Return to Book Corner