Stephenie Meyer

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:56 pm

if you guys are still having problems with the movie...

read Stephenie's blog about the subject...

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight_movie.html

(sorry for the double post, new information and whatnot ^^)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:24 pm

The Borders I work for was among the very first in the country to start doing the Harry Potter release parties, and even up to book seven we were in the top five for largest (top three in the company). Word on the street is that the store is gonna start tackling Meyer's books next. Me? My costume is gonna be me covered in sequins.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Kurama » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:24 pm

A TON of my friends liked it.
It does not quite interest me yet. But I like how my friends describe the characters. ^_^
Kurama

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:10 pm

I've read Twilight and am working on New Moon right now. New Moon's so sad. :(
mysngoeshere56

Postby Suzysaver » Thu May 29, 2008 4:33 pm

I love the twilight books!!!! my sister-in-law read them and recommended them to me, otherwise i probably wouldn't have read them because i mean come on a vampire love story? LAME. But they are awesome hehe..i've read all three:) The Movie, the movie. Yeah i'm usually not a fan of movies from books because they ruin them, but admittedly i've seen some clips and it's looking okay. I'm really hoping it's good. Now i want to re-read all the books before the fourth one comes out.
Has anyone read Stephanie's new book The Host?
[font="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]I fell in love with an Angel, a heart that isn't cold. Say goodnight, we are dying, just hold on.Bless these shadows and tested everyone; they can't steal our love tonight[I][I]~ I am ghost[/I][/I][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]
[font="Trebuchet MS"]A couple of years and I'm a silhouette. My halo is broken now and I'm all that's left~the classic crime [/font]
[/SIZE][/font]
Suzysaver

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu May 29, 2008 7:11 pm

Suzysaver (post: 1230965) wrote:I love the twilight books!!!! my sister-in-law read them and recommended them to me, otherwise i probably wouldn't have read them because i mean come on a vampire love story? LAME. But they are awesome hehe..i've read all three:) The Movie, the movie. Yeah i'm usually not a fan of movies from books because they ruin them, but admittedly i've seen some clips and it's looking okay. I'm really hoping it's good. Now i want to re-read all the books before the fourth one comes out.
Has anyone read Stephanie's new book The Host?

I have it, but I haven't read it yet. I'm working on finishing the 3 Twilight books before I read that one (I'm over halfway through New Moon now).
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu May 29, 2008 9:36 pm

I have The Host as well, but I can't get enough time to sit down and actually read it! DX
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Suzysaver » Fri May 30, 2008 10:21 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1231104) wrote:I have The Host as well, but I can't get enough time to sit down and actually read it! DX

yeeah that's why i havn't gotten it..i don't know when i'd read it :eh:
[font="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]I fell in love with an Angel, a heart that isn't cold. Say goodnight, we are dying, just hold on.Bless these shadows and tested everyone; they can't steal our love tonight[I][I]~ I am ghost[/I][/I][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]
[font="Trebuchet MS"]A couple of years and I'm a silhouette. My halo is broken now and I'm all that's left~the classic crime [/font]
[/SIZE][/font]
Suzysaver

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:18 am

Hmm. I must confess I have not read any of these books, so I am in no position to criticize them. Please, I am not trying to attack or criticize anyone; I know next to nothing about these books. But I thought I would offer a different opinion, from someone who is not a fangirl.

My best friend read Twilight and told me about it. She stated it was "the only book in years I haven't been able to read in one sitting" and called it "the paragon of nauseating, saccharine, obsessive teenage romance." Interesting.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:42 am

I say, make up your own mind about it... if you want to read it that is. Don't just listen to what others have to say about anything find the answer yourself. ^^;

I for one thought it was a beautiful story...and from a person who hates stories about Vampires, I really liked this one a lot.

But just because someone said they didn't like it, eh that's their opinion and they are allowed to have it! ^_^ Not everything out there that is popular is going to be enjoyed by others... and thats okay.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:27 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1232124) wrote:But just because someone said they didn't like it, eh that's their opinion and they are allowed to have it! ^_^ Not everything out there that is popular is going to be enjoyed by others... and thats okay.

Yep, that's basically it. If this board had kudos, I'd give you one.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Monkey Princess » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:08 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1213517) wrote:GAH? you're all complaining about the moooviiieee???

WHYYYYYYYY TT^TT

It looks fantastic the parts are perfect! They've released some shots of the film and it looks AMAZING! D:

Besides, Stephenie Meyer herself has looked at the script and she loved it! She said it really dovetailed with her story and so, I trust her.

I believe they have a great guy to play Edward, Come on...it's going to be IMPOSSIBLE to find someone who looks EXACTLY how every single girl imagines him to be...and let's face it. There is no such thing as THE REAL Edward.

The movie will be fantastic, I can feel it. ^^

Also, Breaking Dawn will be released on August 2nd ^_^. It's confirmed on her site...

alsoooo

COME ON THIS IS AWESOME *D* Robert Patterson will be an great Edward, and I love the girl they chose for Bella.

=3=

At first I didn't like the person that they got to play Edward because all I could see was Cedric Digory from Harry Potter every time I looked at him, but after I saw the trailer for the movie he does actually make a good Edward, although I did picture him a little differently.
And yeah I love they girl they got for Bella too. Kristen Stewart is perfect for the part, not to mention the fact that she's an amazing actress as well.
Monkey Princess

Postby AlyssHeart » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:38 am

So...uuuhhh...its not long until Breaking Dawn comes out, eh? And let me say that I LOVE the cover for this one!!!! ^_^
"Surely what a man does when he is taken off his guard is the best evidence for what sort of man he is."-C.S.Lewis. =)
AlyssHeart

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:53 am

I knooooowwwwwww Kyaaaaahhh I can't wait to finish this series! X3
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby AlyssHeart » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:41 am

Yeeeessss! Me too! Me too!!! I can't remember if this is the continuation of the story...or if it is Edwars version of Twilight.....=/ Anyone know?
"Surely what a man does when he is taken off his guard is the best evidence for what sort of man he is."-C.S.Lewis. =)
AlyssHeart

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:27 pm

AlyssHeart (post: 1246439) wrote:Yeeeessss! Me too! Me too!!! I can't remember if this is the continuation of the story...or if it is Edwars version of Twilight.....=/ Anyone know?

Breaking Dawn is the continuation of the Twilight Saga (and the last book of it).

Edward's version of Twilight is called Midnight Sun.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby AlyssHeart » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:51 pm

mysngoeshere56 (post: 1246452) wrote:Breaking Dawn is the continuation of the Twilight Saga (and the last book of it).

Edward's version of Twilight is called Midnight Sun.

Aha! Why thank you! That's what I thought...=)
AlyssHeart

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:42 pm

I finally got around to reading Twilight recently... I liked it enough to read it in less than a day, but I didn't think it was as incredible as everyone was making it out to be... like it being the new Harry Potter and Edward was the perfect boy...

To be honest, I found her writing style to be REALLY repetitive. I mean, every other sentence described how beautiful Edward was! I get it! And are the fifteen different synonyms for 'angelic' really necessary? XD;; The plot wasn't all that engaging, and especially towards the middle it really started to drag. I thought it was a really entertaining, fun book, but it wasn't nearly as great as everyone said. Maybe all the hype got my expectations too high! Haha...

The movie looks... eh... I don't mind the actors, but from the trailer, I'm not sure its going to do it justice. Time will tell, I guess.
Kawaiikneko

Postby AlyssHeart » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:24 pm

I agree with you! Although I really like the books, they are not the best books in the world...I dislike Bella a lot...she is obnoxious to me...but I think the plot is interesting..and I have come this far so I will finish it......
I am nervous about the movie..i hope it won't be cheesey, but then again it won't be the first time they mess up the whole book to movie deal..BLEAGH!!!
AlyssHeart

Postby GeneD » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:03 am

mysngoeshere56 (post: 1246452) wrote:Edward's version of Twilight is called Midnight Sun.
Huh? Sorry, I'm clueless about the series at the moment. Is that like the whole Twilight book again, but from Edward's point of view? Or something else?

Kawaiikneko (post: 1246597) wrote:To be honest, I found her writing style to be REALLY repetitive. I mean, every other sentence described how beautiful Edward was! I get it! And are the fifteen different synonyms for 'angelic' really necessary? XD
Hahahaha, I totally feel the same way! The second book is a bit better in that regard.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:02 am

GeneD (post: 1246719) wrote:Huh? Sorry, I'm clueless about the series at the moment. Is that like the whole Twilight book again, but from Edward's point of view? Or something else?

Hahahaha, I totally feel the same way! The second book is a bit better in that regard.

That is my major beef with it too. XD It took me the second time to read the book that I actually picked up on all that. I was like "Ugh, we know. Edward is Gorgeous. Got it."

But the second book is a LOT better at that..(well for obvious reasons... XD)

The Third book also improves a little bit on it too.

Yeah, it's not THE best book series out there. but it's certainly better than a lot of the newer stuff...

Keep in mind, she's writing for young adults here. AKA- Teenagers. probably in the 13-16 range?

Yahh The movie looks a bit cheesy. >_< Buuut. I hope it won't be.... Again, Stephenie said that she's pleased with how it turned out...sooo yah.

And she's turned down other movie offers to get this...so I think we'll be okay.

EDIT: Speaking of which: NEW TRAILER...
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810010670/trailer

Annnd on Stepheniemeyer.com They are now featuring daily quotes from Breaking Dawn.

And there is also a link on the site to some interesting articles from Entertainment weekly about the movie...and what the director and some of the actors went through...
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20211840,00.html

At least they were trying to make this movie good. XD I'm willing to be hopeful that it will be. If it's not, oh well. It's not the end of the world...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby AlyssHeart » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:13 pm

GeneD (post: 1246719) wrote:Huh? Sorry, I'm clueless about the series at the moment. Is that like the whole Twilight book again, but from Edward's point of view? Or something else?

Ummm..yes it will be Twilight again, but in Edward's point of view...therefore a whole different thing. I am essited!!!!
AlyssHeart

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:04 pm

HOKAY is anyone ELSE fangirling?! My sister and I ARE XD. We've been reading the Daily quotes and trying to predict what's going to happen haha!

I'm going to a Midnight release party tonight for this book. I've never done this before! >_< I'm a bit worried though...they're having a "Who looks best in Black Contest" WHAT? The Cullens wore NORMAL clothes... oh well..as long as kids don't show up with Fangs I'm fine.. :P

I CANT wait to read this book >_< I have to wait though..because my sister will be reading it first :P
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby AlyssHeart » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:16 pm

I am going to a midnight release party too!!! XD I am going as "Alice" supposedly..lol...haha! I AM FANGIRLING! I am so excited!
AlyssHeart

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:11 pm

AlyssHeart (post: 1250267) wrote:I am going to a midnight release party too!!! XD I am going as "Alice" supposedly..lol...haha! I AM FANGIRLING! I am so excited!

HAHA...I'm KINDA going as alice...only because my hair is short... XD but really I'm just going as Fan number 1 million or something like that. :P

Although I made some cute little buttons for me and my friends! 8D

I'm super excited...it's ending and I hope the story ends well!

It's kinda bittersweet though...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:43 am

Just got home from work. I've been working the midnight release party for this sucker since 7 this evening. Let me let you all in on the ending, too!

[spoiler]Dumbledore Dies.[/spoiler]
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:21 am

Hahaaa...very funny Etoh.

I will say that this book is definately...different than others... I'm already 130+ pages into it...
My thoughts...read at your own risk, MIGHt imply spoilers or a general feel to the book and something that young readers might want to consider....:

[spoiler]
I can't put my finger on it...but it just seems kinda rushed so far... kinda funny, considering it IS 734 pages... but still... I'm glad that there is no graphic sex scenes in this so far... (thank you, Stephenie!) they are implied though...(my gosh they ARE married after all...) so you guys might want to be careful with those! ^^; ) [/spoiler]

O_O There is something in this book that I NEVER even expected! OMGOSH... I was just flipping through the book, looking at the ANNOYING 200+page thing about Jacob (well the second "book" IS called "Jacob" so I'm assuming it's about the Dog. I swear I was only trying to see how long I would have to endure it... and I glanced down at one...stupid word AND WOAH... this book story just took a BIZARRE turn... and I'm not sure how I feel about it right now... ^^;

I'll let you guys read the book before I say anything more...

just...woah. That's all I can say haha...

OH but our party was pretty fun! XD We had a couple of games, my sister won a Trivia game and got a gift card to the store... I won a t-shirt in a raffle... and then we had to make wedding dresses out of toilet paper... IT WAS FUN! My team won XD! We like had 10 minutes to make a dress...and so what we did was spin our "Bella" around until the toilet paper reached from her chest to her waist... then I took the TP and like made these cute little sleeves with it... and we then tore the paper into long sheets and had this belt thing...that we let the toilet paper hang down...and one of the gals even made a BOW for her dress! I then tore the TP cardboard thingy and made two bracelets for her arms...

the remaining TP was used as a crown thing...and I tore up little bits of TP for "Flowers" XD it was fun!

Soo yeah...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby AlyssHeart » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:44 pm

I haven't gotten too far!! BUT SO FAR IT IS DIFFERENT..BUT I LIKE IT!
And....the party was okay..i didn't win anything..but two of my friends did..lol. i can't wait to finish this...=) Yay! XD and Etoh, that was hilarious!!! >_< And...yeah! I liked the stickers and button I got for free!! XD
AlyssHeart

Postby GeneD » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:42 pm

I haven't read Eclipse yet, so I'm a bit behind.

So as I understand it, Meyer says that Breaking Dawn will be the last book from Bella's viewpoint and Midnight Sun is from Edward's. So do you think she will continue the series from Edward's perspective or will Breaking Dawn be the end?

Just speculating.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:33 pm

GeneD it looks like for now she is just going to be writing Twilight from Edward's perspective... I've heard that she might skip New Moon because it would be too "depressing" and she doesn't want to live in that world for long XD I couldn't blame her of course...but I would love to know what happens to him!

I'm a little farther in the book now... around 280... (I HAD TO SLEEP SOME TIME! AND there was a race on...that was pretty interesting XD PLUS I don't want to finish the book to fast...)

here's my thoughts so far:

[spoiler] UGH EDWARD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? WHEN DID YOU BECOME SUCH A... WEAKLING!? I guess I can understand... Bella wasn't looking good there for a while... XD But maaan this book is good WAY different from what I was expecting...but good... I LOVE how she can tell this book from Jacob's POV. I can always tell when he's talking...and I guess I don't hate the dog so much now...ugh.

That baby is really creeping me out right now XD but I don't like how Edward and Alice are calling it a "fetus"... that kinda bugs me...geez they really don't have hearts do they???

I have a feeling about which direction this story is gonna go... I kinda got a hint when they were talking about Tanya's mother, anyone else think it will go that way?

Man I hope Edward develops a backbone in the next 450 or so pages... [/spoiler]
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Previous Next

Return to Book Corner