The Dresden Files

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

The Dresden Files

Postby Icarus » Wed May 02, 2007 7:37 am

*checks for existing topic* Of the five that came up, one was an RPG, and the others were all in computing.

Come my friends, let us discuss all things Dresden.

And Murphy.

And Molly, Toe-moss, Kincaid, McCoy...

To begin, what's your favorite book?
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby mechana2015 » Wed May 02, 2007 11:59 am

Blood rights, Summer Knight, and Dead Beat really stand out the most to me, all for different reasons. My overall favorite... is probably Dead Beat currently. Has some of the wildest scenes.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed May 02, 2007 12:01 pm

I haven't seen the books though I have watched portions of the tv series.
mitsuki lover

Postby Maledicte » Wed May 02, 2007 10:34 pm

Dead Beat was the first novel out of the series I read, and personally I think it's the funniest. White Night is second I think in terms of humor.

Dead Beat and Death Masks are my current favorites. Though Blood Rites gets a mention because of Toe-moss and I am a big Toe-Moss fangirl. ;) I also like Kincaid though. Something about a demon mercenary dude who likes to blow stuff up having the same name as a guy who makes froofy paintings, I dunno, what can I say.

I'm so glad Jim brought back Ramirez! \^o^/ And now we know his secret....hehehe.
Maledicte

Postby Icarus » Thu May 03, 2007 7:55 pm

Ah, yes, the infamous "secret."

My favorite three are most likely Death Masks, Dead Beat, and Proven Guilty with the top being Proven Guilty. It's not so much the humor for me (though I must say that Frankenhooker was memorable), as the rest of it.

I think my favorite non main character is actually Mac. If not for Bob, he'd be the prime candidate for the Talking Head, but he never says anything. Come to think of it, I'd be surprised if he's said a total of five hundred words in the course of the books.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Return to Book Corner