Favorite Harry Potter Character besides Harry

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Favorite Harry Potter Character besides Harry

Postby rocklobster » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:21 am

I like ROn Weasley because he has such a huge family and it was big enough even for Harry (they treated him like he was a visiting relative in the second book.) And because his attitude makes him the perfect sidekick. I also like Hermione because I always go for the smart people. The two characters I could never stand were Draco Malfoy and Rita Skeeter.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Sai » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:39 am

My fav is Snape ^_^!! Yay Yay Yay!! Anywho, I also liked dumbledore and most of the Weasleys. Big families can be so much fun.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:53 am

I've always been a Remus Lupin fan, myself.
Fish and Chips

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:39 am

Sirius is a stud. No doubt. I'm a fan of McGonnagal and I hope she has a larger role in the final volume.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:42 pm

Hermione.
mitsuki lover

Postby Puritan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:48 pm

"Mad Eye" Moody, of course, and Professor McGonagall. Moody's a real character, utterly paranoid, but with good reason and amusing for it. McGonagall is great too, sensible and no-nonsense, she's fun to read about and a really interesting character.
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:36 pm

Moody! How could I forget him?
Fish and Chips

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:58 pm

Actually, I think that Harry might not win (or at least wouldn't dominate) if the thread didn't preclude him. I'm not a fan, in any case.

My favorites are all definitely among the adults. Remus Lupin and Sirius Black both come to mind.
uc pseudonym

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:21 pm

I also like many of the adults. My favorites are Snape (though I would never want to meet him irl), Sirius Black, and Remus Lupin. Of the trio, I would have to say that Hermione is my favorite. Harry can be far too whiney, and Ron can be a bit dense... I can relate with Hermione alot more.
Kawaiikneko

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:18 pm

I like Hermione because she's the most normal person of the whole lot.Plus she's the only one who is 100% Muggle,showing that Hogwarts is equal oppurtunity.
mitsuki lover

Postby Taliesin » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:33 pm

I like the kid with the camera I can't remember his name though and Neville. Neville FTW!! he roxxors
FKA starhammer

Communism is only the perfect government if you have the perfect leader. And I'm only available Tuesdays.

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:39 pm

Nevile's a good kid.

And you know what I just realized? Nobody's mentioned Hagrid. What is this nonsense, people? Hagrid is awesome.
Fish and Chips

Postby Sai » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:16 pm

The kid w/ the camera is Colin Creevy.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby craner » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:23 pm

Hermoine
craner

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:26 pm

I enjoyed Hagrid the most. Then probably Ron or Neville.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:51 am

Hermione isn't a muggle, she's a mudblo... er, I mean Muggle Born. Her parents are muggles. Technically no one who's either a wizard or with wizard parents can be muggles. Muggles must have muggle (or perhaps squib) parents. Wizards are not muggles and if someone isn't a wizard but has wizard parents, they're squibs. Other than that, the "equal opportunity" thing stands. It only is because Dumbledore (*sigh*) ensured it would be, though.

My favorite character had been snape, in a roundabout way, but I sorta changed my mind after HBP... He is still the most interesting character. After that would be Luna and Dumbledore, in a tie. The original actor (the one that died) will always be dumbledore in my mind. A close third is Hermione... Harry is far down the list because of Order... He sorta **** me off in that one, but at the same time I sorta understood his problem.

Deathly Hallows can't come soon enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Miso_Chan » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:33 am

i'm sorry everyone...................Ginny

AAAAAA! i've said it now, there its out. ah, where the janitors closet when i need it.

CHo CHangs pretty good too
私は必死に日本への高等学校の外に移動することを希望し、日本の学生です。とにかく私の場合はより詳細な研究では、メインの仕方を知っているお問い合わせください!

私のお気に入りのアニメをしているカノンは、涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱ハチミツとクローバー、カウボーイビバップ.
Miso_Chan

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:07 am

Hmm
Neville, Hagrid, and Lupin.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:45 am

Ooooh, boy. I don't mind Harry, but I must say that some of the other characters are more compelling.
Sirius Black - because of what happened in Book 5 :waah!: and because I honestly thought he was bad in the third book. People who switch sides appeal to me.
Albus Dumbledore - pretty self-explanatory, and in Book 6 he was acting rather like Harry's grandfather, which was pretty sweet.
Draco Malfoy - how can anyone NOT like that slick-haired ferret? Just kidding; I can totally understand why people don't like him. But I do, mainly because of what he did in Book 6, and how my hopes are soaring that one day, someday, he might join the Order or at least go against Voldemort.
Voldemort - C'mon, peoples, he's the VILLAIN!!! That means you're supposed to like him, right?! That often seems to be the way it is, though. Lots of people seem to like the antagonists better than the protagonists. And I loved Ralph Fiennes' work in the fourth movie. He was by far the best part.
Severus Snape - completely, totally because of Book 6. I have my own hopes of what he's going to do in Book 7 (which will probably be dashed), and I love him because of it. Even if he doesn't turn out the way I hope it will, I'll still respect him for his cunning double-crossing.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:50 am

The problem with Voldemort though is that he isn't IN the novels as much as he is
MENTIONED.So you only get bits and pieces of Voldemort in each of the novels so far.
btw:I wonder if Rowlings will ever explain how people like Harry's mum and Hermione get their Wizardry powers if they come from non-Wizard families.There must be some sort of genelogical descent from an ancestor that was a Wizard somewhere in their family trees since the ability has to be inherited.
mitsuki lover

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:39 pm

One word:

.....Loooooony.....
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:41 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:The problem with Voldemort though is that he isn't IN the novels as much as he is
MENTIONED.So you only get bits and pieces of Voldemort in each of the novels so far.

Well, I'm sure no one cared about him until the books where he is actually directly involved. Before then he's more of a threatening concept than a character.

mitsuki lover wrote:btw:I wonder if Rowlings will ever explain how people like Harry's mum and Hermione get their Wizardry powers if they come from non-Wizard families.There must be some sort of genelogical descent from an ancestor that was a Wizard somewhere in their family trees since the ability has to be inherited.

I'm going to have to go with "A wizard did it" on this one. With the fantasy world set up the way Rowling has done it, she doesn't explain why things are the way they are and really doesn't have to either.
uc pseudonym

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:00 am

I didn't really like Voldy-Moldy until the fourth book. Then he's just so evil I find it hard not to like him in an abstract, I-really-want-him-to-have-a-cool-shrieking-death-scene kind of way. *feels evil* :evil:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Jih » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:30 pm

Sirius spanks.
Jih

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:16 am

I always had a soft spot for Hedwig (yes, the owl). She's the silent observer of everything that goes on in Harry's life, and his constant companion. Besides, she's a freaking owl...how cool is that?
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby MomoAdachi » Sun May 06, 2007 1:34 pm

Hermione, Ron, and Ginny.
Non-Christian Anti-Hentai Grrl
#1 Dubbed Sailor Moon Fan!
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

98% of the teenage population does or have tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who haven't, copy or paste this in your signature.
MomoAdachi

Postby PrincessZelda » Wed May 09, 2007 11:09 am

Weasley twins! Even though... that's really two characters... ;;>_>
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby RubyJewelStone » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:12 pm

Hermione. She is definitely the most grounded. Plus she's smart.

Ironically, I also love Luna. She's so out there. She's fun.
I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when he is silent.
~Author Unknown
RubyJewelStone

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:09 pm

Almost Headless Nick.Poor guy couldn't even get beheaded properly!
mitsuki lover

Postby Okami » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:20 pm

Crookshanks XD!
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Next

Return to Book Corner