Favorite Harry Potter Character besides Harry

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Postby Auh_Rin_Yaang » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:28 pm

Tonks! If I remember correctly, she was a pretty cool character with bright pink hair. Man, now that I think about it, I havne't read any of the Harry Potter books in years! I should read it before I go watch the movie. :grin:
:hug:
Auh_Rin_Yaang

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:16 pm

I am waiting for our library to get the final book,although I know I shall have to wait in line to read it when I do get to it it will be worth the wait.
mitsuki lover

Postby Animus Seed » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:23 am

I liked Moody and his paranoia. Also, Hagrid's scenes always make me feel all warm and fuzzy. And I've grown fond of Ginny and Neville.

I have a feeling Neville's going to be really important in Deathly Hallows...
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:26 am

I like Luna Lovegood! She's just so spacy, so out there and just so freaking cool!

We would be good friends in real life!
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:18 pm

Whoever kills Harry!
Joking.
mitsuki lover

Postby ClosetOtaku » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:08 pm

My favorite - even including Harry - is Snape. Man gets the job done.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby bakura_fan » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:24 pm

Sirius Black, Serverus Snape, Draco Malfoy, Lucious Malfoy (only cause i'm a sucker for white/silver haired bishie's. lol ), Remus Lupin, and....Mrs. Weasly. XD She is like freakin awesome! Just gotta love her.
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:34 pm

I think Hagrid has to be popular with a lot of people because of the way he cares for people and animals alike.Even the dangerous kind.
I hate to say it but,yeah I am kinda expecting Harry to die at the end or turn to the Dark Side or something else unexpected.
mitsuki lover

Postby jazz » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:00 pm

that would be an interesting twist for sure, mitsuki.

I am personally a Snape fan... ^^
jazz

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:11 pm

From the bits and pieces I've seen, Serverus Snape
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Aka-chan » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:53 am

I've been a Draco fan for years. Not in the he's-so-hot-and-evil-so-I-like-him way that so annoys JKR--I honestly find him fascinating. The sixth book was especially good to him...in a way...
Aka-chan

Postby yukishiro128 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:11 am

My favorite is Remus Lupin, but I also love Sirius Black, Snape, Fred&George, and Tom Riddle, Jr.(pre-Voldemort). And if this counts, the Marauders at school <3. That's a lot...
http://www.busybeeband.com--Most awesome high school band ever. Check it out.

Hurry up and install your home security systems, 'cause Jesus is coming like a thief in the night.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]ACCHONBURIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE][/font] :wow!:

:angel:
yukishiro128

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:17 am

Aka-chan wrote:I've been a Draco fan for years. Not in the he's-so-hot-and-evil-so-I-like-him way that so annoys JKR--I honestly find him fascinating. The sixth book was especially good to him...in a way...

While I have to admit that I didn't like Malfoy in the first five books and liked him in the movies because "he's-so-hot-and-evil-so-I-like-him," after reading the sixth book I began to appreciate him for the cool character he really is. It was the same with Snape. The sixth book sealed it for me: those two guys are great characters, even if by the end of the series they're black to the core and never get redeemed.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Doe Johnson » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:12 pm

I never had a huge preference until about the 6th book. After that, I loved Snape. He's so awesome. He was the main reason I wanted to read the 7th book.

Other than him, probably Luna. She was fun. Why couldn't she end up with Harry? Of course...I didn't really like Harry too much...so I probably wouldn't have liked that match either...
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby Elycien » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:34 pm

I'd have to say that Lupin was my favorite character... with Luna, Neville and the twins following closely behind. <3

>.> Yes, I've always been a Luna/Neville shipper...

[spoiler]Sadly, two of those five died. D: D: And my favorite 'ship didn't even work out. Minor complaints about a great book though. ^^;[/spoiler]
Elycien

Postby Nikolai Melodie » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:50 am

Luna Lovegood for sure, second being Lupin, then Snape.

Character wise, I think I like most of the side characters more then the mains.

Neville was always a cutie, too x3
Nikolai Melodie

Postby Jman » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:56 pm

Serius Black, Remus Lupin, Severus Snape && Ron!!!

(( it took me like a month to read the whole entire series...i had no life for that month. ))

Adopter of Locke *0/0*
Adopter of Felix *0/0*
Adopter of Insanewithapen *0/0*
Adopter of Zelda27 *0/0*
Adopter of Sakura's Wings *0/0*
Adoptee of Cap'n Crack *0/0*

---
"It never hurts to try to make new friends, except when it does hurt…
but that's only when you're trying to make friends with a charging rhinoceros." ~ HolySoldier5000

---
"But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed. "
-Isaiah 53:5

|J|c|r|e|w| --- Jman's Antidrug
---
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
Help Him Achieve World Domination...

---
It’s not like we hate him or want him to die
Jman

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:45 am

Elycien wrote:[spoiler]And my favorite 'ship didn't even work out. Minor complaints about a great book though. ^^;[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I dunno; Rowling didn't exactly say much about Luna, did she? It's even possible that they married....[/spoiler]

Yup, I'm a LunaXNeville shipper too :sweat: I think the fifth movie sealed it for me.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Ashley » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:25 am

Lupin, then Hermione (she reminds me so much of myself--"what would you be most afraid of, a paper less than an A+?"), then Sirius, then McGonagall.
Ashley

Postby Sohma » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:44 pm

My favorite characters have to be Lupin, Black, Luna, Snape, & Hermione.
The reasons for Lupin and Black are somewhat the same. I think they are great guys and they each have dog-like qualities (lol). I also love the meaning of their names, and the characters overall.
Loony- or erm, Luna Lovegood is just awesome. She reminds me of myself at times, though I hope and pray I am not that weird. ;)
Hermione is so smart and level headed and I admire that in her.
I have loved Snape from the beginning. I always thought he was just misunderstood. Everyone I would talk to told me otherwise, but I insisted on him being good. I don't know if I just really liked his character and I wanted him to be good, or I really believed it. LOL
She usually plays the peace-keeper amongst her friends, and I play that role amongst mine. lol
I think it took me around two and a half months to complete the series (The last book an exception considering how long I had to wait to get it). The fourth book slowed me down (It was my least favorite), but I sped back up with the fifth.
On the Draco issue, I have to say I really just liked him because he was hot. In the sixth book I did truly begin to like him, but still, I don't think he is one of my favorites. ;D
[SIZE="6"]ily.[/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"]Genesis 27:4
"When you prepare the tasty food that I love, bring it to me, and I will eat. Then I will bless you before I die."[/SIZE]
Sohma

Postby Fionn Fael » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:28 am

mitsukilover wrote:I like Hermione because she's the most normal person of the whole lot.

While that is a matter of opinion, I would venture to say that Ron is a great deal more normal than Hermione. I personally think that he is intentionally written as a more "average joe" type of character. I mean, think about it--out of the main trio, Harry is the hope/savior of the wizarding world and Hermione is the most brilliant witch of her generation. As much as I love him, what special talent does Ron have? Not much of anything.

My favorites are Luna Lovegood, Sirius Black, and Remus Lupin.
Formerly known as haru_bay_nay

Avatar by: tinamakesicons(LiveJournal.com)

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28

"Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams." --Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist

“To put alcohol in the human is like putting sand in the bearing of an engine." --Thomas Edison

[color="RoyalBlue"][font="Trebuchet MS"]The simplest way that I can understand therapy is that we're born a certain way, we're taught to be something different, and we spend our whole lives trying to unravel it and ultimately align ourselves with who we really are. Life, experiences, traumas -- whatever -- they all add up to make you some altered version of what you are. So there's this battle that goes on between what you are and what you become, and it's been very important for me to unravel what I was taught to be or what I became. and to draw a direct parallel to music -- the closer I get back to being who I really am, the stronger the music gets..." --Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins frontman)[/font][/color]

Adopted by KhakiBlueSocks!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fionn Fael

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:29 am

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Sadly, after listening to "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" I have to slash Hermione off my "Like" list. She is just too dawg gone picky! She hen-pecks too much and she really comes off as a know-it-all. I love the part in one of the books when Ginny finally tells her off about something involving Quidditch (SP)[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:34 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Hermione isn't a muggle, she's a mudblo... er, I mean Muggle Born. Her parents are muggles. Technically no one who's either a wizard or with wizard parents can be muggles. Muggles must have muggle (or perhaps squib) parents. Wizards are not muggles and if someone isn't a wizard but has wizard parents, they're squibs. Other than that, the "equal opportunity" thing stands. It only is because Dumbledore (*sigh*) ensured it would be, though.

My favorite character had been snape, in a roundabout way, but I sorta changed my mind after HBP... He is still the most interesting character. After that would be Luna and Dumbledore, in a tie. The original actor (the one that died) will always be dumbledore in my mind. A close third is Hermione... Harry is far down the list because of Order... He sorta **** me off in that one, but at the same time I sorta understood his problem.

Deathly Hallows can't come soon enough.

I just read my old response, and I realized I never updated this after Deathly Hallows. After Deathly Hallows, I'm still gonna say Luna, but she's honestly tied with Snape now... Snape is the best character in the overall series, and Luna steals the show whenever she's on the page (or the screen, as Evanna Lynch makes the best possible Luna I could possibly imagine, and I sure like her voice better than Jim Dale's Luna, hahaha)

I still find Harry an overall uninteresting character, but it was fun watching Harry and Hermione play off each other as the cynic and skeptic in the group, and I was able to pull a lot out of their interactions in the camping scenes and during the Xenophilius Lovegood scenes, as well as during the scene in Godric's Hollow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Righteousss » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:37 pm

I'd say Sirius although he dies, but he was a cool figure. He stood out more in "the order" he was so mysterious and justappealing. I wish he wouldn't of died sooner in the order of the pheonix because so less was written of him. He barely even appears in the goblet of fire.

and also snape for bieng just annoying hahah
Righteousss

Postby Righteousss » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:38 pm

and also snape for bieng just annoying hahah
Righteousss

Postby Mist » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:41 pm

My favourites are Hermione and Hagrid. Hermione because she's a smart, independent female lead, which I love to see. Hagrid because of his big heart and how he shows kindness to everyone.

Coincidently, those are the two I always score on those "Which HP character are you?" quizzes.

-Mist
Mist

Postby Kurama » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:18 pm

Severus! Snape!
Kurama

Postby Slytherine » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:57 pm

***Note: I didn't read DH, but I know everyone who dies, and I know the "Final Battle" and the Crap-o-logue, so yeah...Allow me to dream my ignorant dreams that my favorite characters are all alive and well.....And his hairline in NOT receding *grumbles* ***

Draco Malfoy: I just want to cuddle him in book six!! SO many of my HP fanfictions came out of reading that book...well, the Draco-centric ones anyway...*shifty eyes*

Remus Lupin: How can ANYONE not LOVE Remus?! He's just amazing.

Luna Lovegood: Wish she would have had more focus. She's like..uber amazing. And the person they got to play her in the movies is AMAZING. No, seriously, listen to her in an interview, she SOUNDS like what Luna would sound like in REAL life! It's super awesome.

The Twins: By far the most amazing characters IN the HP universe. You can't deny it.

Severus Snape: I WANNA HUGGLE HIM! But I'm sure he'd kill me...Or hurt me, atleast. Oh well. He's a very complex and intricate character. I <3 him!

Sirius Black: He used to be in my top 3 of favorite characters, but when I really evaluated WHY I liked him, I didn't really have a lot, lol. He's just really cool. I wish they would have gotten someone better then Gary Oldman(sp?) to play him. Don't get me wrong, the dude's really cool, I just didn't really SEE his inner Sirius, ya know?

Oliver Wood: Two words- Eye candy

That is all. <3

~Slytherine
[color="Magenta"]"The trouble with real life is that there's no background music." -Anonymous[/color]

[color="Lime"]"A rose by any other name would be "deadly thorn-bearing assault vegetation."" -Robert Bullock[/color]

[color="Cyan"]"Ok, I'm weird! But I'm saving up to become eccentric." -Anonymous[/color]
Slytherine

Postby Sheenar » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:46 pm

I like Severus Snape (really interesting and intricate character --I liked the scenes of his memories) and Nelville (he just tries so hard, poor guy). Also Ron --just because of the things he says and because of his heart.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Previous

Return to Book Corner