Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Star Wars: Legacy

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Star Wars: Legacy

Postby R. Zion » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:58 pm

Has anyone been reading either of these comics from Dark Horse's relaunch of the Star Wars series?

One takes place before the game of the same name during the Mandalorian Wars, roughly 4,000 years before Episode 4, and stars a young Padawan on the run named Zayne Carrick.

Meanwhile, taking place 130 years AFTER Episode 4 is Legacy. There is a reborn Sith Order, an Empire split, Imperial Knights, Jedi on the run, and the escapades of the last skywalker, Cade.

I've been reading both and have immensely enjoyed them, despite the different tones of the stories. Anyone else picked these up?
R. Zion

Postby Rexman64 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:39 pm

Being a huge fan of both the games and the Star Wars universe in general, I picked up the first TPB of Knights of the Old Republic a while back. I gotta say, I felt kind of "meh" towards it. My main issue was with the characterization of the Taris Jedi council.

[spoiler]I would think that a group of Jedi respected enough to be appointed as council members would have enough sense not to blindly trust a Force vision and go murdering students willy-nilly as a result.[/spoiler]

I just couldn't get over that idea, and it being the main plot point, I simply couldn't enjoy the rest of the story.
Don't defrost the alligator.

Boy, you're gonna carry that weight, carry that weight a long time...
Rexman64

Postby R. Zion » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:00 pm

Actually... (spoilers for past the first paperback)

[spoiler] They're not really Jedi Council members. In later issues we find out they're part of a secret Jedi society tasked with watching for the return of the Sith and get royally chewed out by their master and are tasked with bringing Zayne back alive. [/spoiler]

Whether that changes your view or not, I don't know. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Of course, personally, I think Gryph is worth the price of admission.
R. Zion

Return to Book Corner