the Pendragon thread

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

the Pendragon thread

Postby heero yuy 95 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:19 pm

Hey, guys, who else here loves the Pendragon books? I've been following along Bobby's adventures through Halla since Middle School, and i just recently finished the 7th book, can't wait for the 8th. One thing i love about these books is that they're so beleivable, the author does a genius job of blending the fantasy realm with the real one, so it's really easy to get drawn in. I also love his characters. from the lovable nerd Mark, the Headstrong Courtney, our hero Bobby, and of course the sinister Saint Dane, as well as many others. So feel free to speak in the Pendragon thread!
'listen to me, Grel, these constant failures have been causing me to lose face, and if you keep it up i shan't spare yours!" -Khyron the Destroyer

"why throw away your life so recklessly!"
"that's a question you should be asking yourself, megatron."
-transformers the movie

http://starfoxman.deviantart.com/

^ My Manga!!! Check it out!
heero yuy 95

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:09 am

The ones by Stephen Lawhead? They're great! A bit graphic and wordy at times but fine stories. Wait a mo... I don't remember someone called Bobby in them?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby heero yuy 95 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:02 am

The ones by Stephen Lawhead? They're great! A bit graphic and wordy and times but fine stories. Wait a mo... I don't remember someone called Bobby in them?

no, i beleive you have the wrong series. These are written by D.J. Machale.
'listen to me, Grel, these constant failures have been causing me to lose face, and if you keep it up i shan't spare yours!" -Khyron the Destroyer

-transformers the movie

heero yuy 95

Postby Taliesin » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:44 pm

the pendragon cycle by stephen R. lawhead is so much better than whatever you are talking about. I even got my name from that series
FKA starhammer

Communism is only the perfect government if you have the perfect leader. And I'm only available Tuesdays.

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby EireWolf » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:21 pm

I love Lawhead's Pendragon Cycle too, but heero yuy 95 is talking about the series by D.J Machale, so further discussion in this thread should be about that series.

I was going to say, "Feel free to start another thread about Lawhead's Pendragon Cycle," but there already is one here: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=19515

:)

Sorry heero; I haven't read the series you're talking about so I have nothing to add. :sweat:
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby heero yuy 95 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:57 pm

the pendragon cycle by stephen R. lawhead is so much better than whatever you are talking about. I even got my name from that series

foolish mortal, you not the nature of the horrific falsehoods you speak of.

Sorry heero; I haven't read the series you're talking about so I have nothing to add.

It's all good. I'll admit they're targeted for younger readers. I really do enjoy them nonetheless.

-transformers the movie

heero yuy 95

Postby TallasLint » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:04 pm

I've read the Pendragon series by Machale, because I bought a couple of them for my younger brother for christmas a while back (when there were only like 4 of them), and I have a habit of reading books before I give them as gifts, partly to see if they're any good, and partly so I don't have to ask to borrow them after they've opened it. :)

Anyhow, for a children's fantasy series, it was really creative, and really well done. I like them.
Lint.
TallasLint

Postby Armored_Saint » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:20 pm

Yeah, they're really good. I've read the whole series. I think the 8th book is supposed to come out sometime in May...
Armored_Saint

Return to Book Corner