saddest story ever...

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

saddest story ever...

Postby animegirl1 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:52 pm

"the Skarlet Ibis"
the saddest story ive ever read...i litterely cried...
anyone read it before?
The Letter from God Dear child, Despite your silence, I have heard your soul weeping. Why have you been so unhappy? Have you forgotten my everlasting love for you? Child, you are mine. Why have you not called my name sooner? If you seek me, I will answer. I am your counselor, ready to instruct you and show you which path to take. When you come to me, I will embrace you and silence all your fears. Just remember that I am here to hold you close and dry your tears. I will always be right beside you. Not only am I your father, but your best friend. Do not be afraid to ask for my mercy and forgiveness. I know that its hard to live on earth, so I understand when you fall down once in awhile, ask me for help, and I will pick you up and carry you. No one loves you more than I do. When you feel alone, remember I am beside you. When you feel helpless, remember I offer myself to you. When you feel lost, remember I will lead you, and when you feel forgotten, remember that you are my child and I will love you unconditionally. It is never too late to come home. I will be here waiting, ready to embrace you. I will leave the light on for you. Forever with you, God

-------------------------------------------------------

i have proudly adopted:dytae jessie88 and edochick ^_^

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
animegirl1

Postby TallasLint » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:33 am

I read the scarlet Ibis in my freshman english class in high school, it was really sad...
Lint.
TallasLint

Postby Shadowchild » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:40 am

Yes, we read that a few weeks ago. It is sad, but I have read worse.
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Postby ClosetOtaku » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:57 pm

Read it in elementary school (this, back in the '70s). Still sad today...
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby USSRGirl » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:48 am

I read it in 7th grade... Honestly... I didn't think it was that great/sad. My teacher gave this preemtive thing about it being really sad and its like advanced reading or some crap. Good message I guess... just a bit cliche. I knew the little brother was going to die from the start and the author wasn't deep enough with the characters to move me to tears (let alone a frown.....)
USSRGirl

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:37 pm

Have never heard of the book.Is it anything like The Pigman or Flowers For Algernon,which were both rather sad and which I did have to read in High School.
mitsuki lover

Postby rocklobster » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:48 am

Nothing beats The Little Match Girl in saddest story. Nothing.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Scarecrow » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:41 am

I always thought Bridge to Terabithia was pretty sad. They're making it a movie but it will probably suck but anyway...

The only book I actually remember actually tearing up to was Stone Fox I think (I think thats the title... the one Im thinking of is about a boy and his dog (Star?) and he races this long sled dog race to win some money for his family cause they're poor or something. And like the undefeated slead dog race winner who always wins was an indian named Stone Fox I think)

The movie version sucked though and wasnt sad at all... just the way the last paragraph(s?) was written in the book really got to me when I was in 3rd grade :P I've only read the book once but I still remember the last line of the book.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Return to Book Corner