Battle Royale by Koushun Takami

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Battle Royale by Koushun Takami

Postby memmer66 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:41 pm

Who all love this book, comic or movie? I've read the book (absolute fav) and watched the movie (absolute fav along with Spirited Away). And I love both so very much!!!! What do you all think? Anyways, hope there are some BR fans on here!
[SIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/Ryuketsu/battleroyale.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Best Beginning To A Review EVER: The fact that I watched this movie after eating poisonous mushrooms only went to enhance the realism :lol:
memmer66

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:55 am

Battle Royale is a good movie. Worth the watch, but I think it's a bit overrated. It does have an interesting political message to it though. The second one wasn't too good in my opinion. It started good and interesting, but dumbed down into this rediculous story.

My list of asian movies I'd recommend to you are as follows:
Joint Security Area (A very touching movie)
Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of War (Made me cry!)
Attack the Gas Station (Hilarious!)
Dalkomhan Insaeng ("A Bittersweet Life")
Marathon (Another very touching movie)
Oldboy (Not recommended for young viewers)
Silmido
Memories of Murder
Cromartie High (Hilarious!)
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby memmer66 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:46 pm

I don't think it's overrated. I've only seen the first half-an-hour of no. 2. Nothing past the one chick falling to the floor in a huge gigantical splatter pool of blood! :dance:
[SIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/Ryuketsu/battleroyale.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Best Beginning To A Review EVER: The fact that I watched this movie after eating poisonous mushrooms only went to enhance the realism :lol:
memmer66

Return to Book Corner