[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
MYST Books - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

MYST Books

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

MYST Books

Postby Linksquest » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:40 am

I loved all three of the MYST books: Myst: the book of Atrus, Myst: the book of Ti'ana and MYST: the book of D'ni.

Now supposedly the fourth book, MYST: the book of Marrim is supposed to come out sometime this year, 2006. And they also have a fifth book planned (which I think will be named MYST: the book of Yeesha) but don't have a release date or title planned as of yet.

What do ya'll think of the books?
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Tarnish » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:08 am

I've read The Book of Ti'ana and The Book of Atrus, and enjoyed both immensely. ^^

I own The Book of D'ni, but haven't gotten around to reading it all...from what I did, it seemed a bit...mediocre? Though I guess it *would* be hard to top the other two.

I anxiously await the Book of Marrim!
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby Linksquest » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:16 pm

Orenji wrote:I've read The Book of Ti'ana and The Book of Atrus, and enjoyed both immensely. ^^

I own The Book of D'ni, but haven't gotten around to reading it all...from what I did, it seemed a bit...mediocre? Though I guess it *would* be hard to top the other two.

I actually liked the Book of Dn'i A lot... it just took a while to get the story going. It's an incredible story and I definately want to encourage you to try and finish it. There were a few flaws... like randomely there is a plot element near the end that just feels like it was added on... but still a great read all in all.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.

Linksquest

Postby Maledicte » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:04 pm

I loved all three! It took me a while to get a hold of The Book of Dn'i though. I don't remember them all too well, but I remember enjoying them immensely.

Almost made me go out and get the games, they did. Almost.
Maledicte

Postby Felix » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:31 am

I have the 'Myst Reader' which is just all three packed into one book. (I always did feel smarter if I was reading from a massive book XD) I really like all three! The book of D'ni, while still being good, did feel kind of.. draggy I guess. It did lead up to a good ending, though, and it had it's moments. My favorite was the book of Atrus, and I really liked the book of Ti'ana as well.

There's gonna be a 4th and 5th? That's awesome! I wanna get them.
Felix

Postby Sammy Boy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:38 am

I didn't MYST had books too! Alas, I have been depriving myself!
Sammy Boy

Postby Linksquest » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:16 pm

Ultra Magnus wrote:I didn't MYST had books too! Alas, I have been depriving myself!

indeed you must get them and read them and thus become... UN-deprived! :lol: Seriously they are awesome. :thumb:
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby Sammy Boy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:21 am

Is undeprived a word? :)
Sammy Boy

Postby Linksquest » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:47 pm

Ultra Magnus wrote:Is undeprived a word? :)

haha, I doubt it. :lol:
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Return to Book Corner