Amish reading

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Amish reading

Postby Rei » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:50 am

I just finished reading the first in this great searies, The Covenant". By Beverly Lewis.

Overall:
This book follows the life of 4 sisters,aged from 13 to 17 raised in the Amish community. Its a very heartwarming book, full of trials, happy times, first love and true love, and basicly growing up on a farm.

My opinion:
It was a really sweet book, you have to get past like the first chapter to start getting into it though. The trials they faced and the secrets they had to keep really kept me on edge. I tottally recomend it for any coming of age girl. :thumb:
Rei

Postby KBMaster » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:00 am

Hmm, sounds like an interesting read. I will have to see if my library has it. Aw, man! Another book to add to the already substantial pile of library books in my room. But reading is what gets me through the summer. :D Thanks Rei! ^^
KBMaster

Postby Rei » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:36 am

NP glad to help ^_^!
Rei

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:21 pm

It was a nice book - I liked the Abram's Daughters series. Truth be told, I'm not really into "prairie stories" too much, but these ones were good.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Rei » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:52 am

Cool ^_^!
Rei

Return to Book Corner