Books on Tape

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Books on Tape

Postby Linksquest » Sat May 27, 2006 10:03 am

I love Books on Tape. Sometimes, though, there are some actors who don't read that well. Most of the time they really impress me with the different voices they can come up with for the different characters. I think hearing books read aloud is pretty much as awesome as it gets with stories because before things were written down, all stories were told aloud!

Anyways, what are some Books on Tape that you have liked? Which ones are you listening to now?

EDIT: And please, for ease of finding the exact Book on Tape spoken about, tell us the Company that made the specific recording of the book. Sometimes different companies can have their own different recording (with different voice actors) of any given book.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Puritan » Sat May 27, 2006 10:23 am

The Harry Potter Books on Tape are excellent, with supurb voice acting. I can't say I'm listening to any right now, but they are great for trips and whatnot.
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby Linksquest » Sat May 27, 2006 10:26 am

Puritan wrote:The Harry Potter Books on Tape are excellent, with supurb voice acting. I can't say I'm listening to any right now, but they are great for trips and whatnot.

Which company are you talking about? I think a few differnt Book Tape companies have versions of Harry Potter...
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.

Linksquest

Postby Puritan » Sat May 27, 2006 2:14 pm

There's only one I know about, the Listening Library version with Jim Dale. I'm pretty sure it's the only official version, and Mr. Dale does an excellent job acting out all the characters' voices while reading the book.
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby Linksquest » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:23 pm

Barbara Caruso, I think, did an incredible job reading the Anne of Green Gables books (RECORDED BOOKS) .She breathed such life into the characters and made the story full of such color. She did an incredible job! L.M. Montgomery's awesome writing might have made the job a little easier, :lol:
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby Sai » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:58 am

One of my favorites is "the westing game" the publisher is "recorded books"... well thats what it says online. Kind of a plain name for a recording company. The guy who reads it does a pretty good job IMO.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Linksquest » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:28 am

Sai wrote:One of my favorites is "the westing game" the publisher is "recorded books"... well thats what it says online. Kind of a plain name for a recording company. The guy who reads it does a pretty good job IMO.

haha! I was just going to post the same thing! (what are the odds?!?!) We listened to him on our way down to Tennessee! He did a really good job with all the voices. I think he made the book even more hilarious!
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Return to Book Corner