[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Question - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Question

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Question

Postby Destiny » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:33 am

Has anyone heard of the following books?
Dragons in our Midst (a series), Landon Snow, Daughter of a Prophecy , ( I don't think I spelled Prophecy right.)

They are all Christian Fantasy/Sci Fi, and while some of them are sucessfull, they arn't as sucessful as the companies thought they would be. Because of this less publishing companies are accepting Christian Fantasy/Sci Fi because it's 'too risky'. Which means less new fantasy/sci fi books in the future. (Originally there was a lot less... but a lot of Christian publishing companies saw Harry Potter's sucess and hoped they would be able to find a Christian version.) I just wanted to know what you guys thought about that. (Cuz they were written for us.)

Any thoughts? :thumbsup:
Do you yearn for magic? Saint Cloud

The Page Turner Radio Play
:?:
Destiny

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:45 am

I saw the Dragons in Our Midst series in my Christian bookstore once, but I haven't read any of it yet. I'm currently in the middle of the Dragonspell series, which is a Christian/fantasy/allegory too, and it's really good! I might try out Dragons in Our Midst, though, when I finish the other one. :)
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Destiny » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:25 pm

The authors are friends... XD But Dragons in our midst is pretty different.

Still, it makes me sad that Christians tend to scorn fantasy & Sci Fi
Do you yearn for magic? Saint Cloud

The Page Turner Radio Play
:?:
Destiny

Return to Book Corner