[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
The Name the books by this author thread: Mark Twain (aka Samuel Longhorne Clemens) - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

The Name the books by this author thread: Mark Twain (aka Samuel Longhorne Clemens)

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

The Name the books by this author thread: Mark Twain (aka Samuel Longhorne Clemens)

Postby rocklobster » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:50 pm

This is similar to my VA threads, except that I'm doing writers instead of actors. The rules are still the same, and short stories are permitted as well.
I'll start it off:
A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Technomancer » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:53 pm

A Short History of a Campaign That Failed
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Puritan » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:11 pm

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:19 pm

Great Expectations My dad read it out to me when I was 5, but edited it (guess he didn't know I could read or anything back then cause I picked up on the violence at the beginning) :/

EDIT: My bad I get Mark Twan and Charles Dickens mixed up >_<

...Oliver Twist was a Twan book though, wasn't it?
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Puritan » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:27 pm

Oliver Twist was also Dickens. Curious, how can you mix up a Victorian author conserned about British society and one of the premier American authors who specialized in US themes and settings and characters with authentic accents?
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby Lynx » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:36 pm

the adventures of huckleberry finn
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:50 pm

Puritan wrote:Oliver Twist was also Dickens. Curious, how can you mix up a Victorian author conserned about British society and one of the premier American authors who specialized in US themes and settings and characters with authentic accents?

*shrugs* Probably the fact that the name "Mark Twan" comes alot alot for me when it comes to literature, and concidering the titles above of what I read back in my childhood was Dickens... can I use the excuse that I was 6-8 at the time so didn't know the difference? ^^
Either than Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn, guess I don't really know what he's done^^
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Ryusei » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:26 am

The Prince and the Pauper

Actually, I just finished reading this one. XD
"That's some good advice. Maybe I should write that down, frame it, and stick it up on my wall." - Colonel Karl Lichen Schubaltz (Zoids: Chaotic Century)

"I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours" - Casting Crowns ("Who Am I")
Ryusei

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:46 pm

Personal Recollections Of Joan Of Arc
mitsuki lover

Return to Book Corner