Harry Potter Book Seven Make A Prediction

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Harry Potter Book Seven Make A Prediction

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:09 pm

Ok everyone Prediction Time.With only the last book to go now in the series time to get out the ol' Prognosticatin' Hats and try to see what twist and turns
J.K.Rowling will serve last.Your guess is as good as mine. :thumb:
So that said here is what I believe we will discover in the final chapter:
*Snape will finally show his Real Colors and will end up aiding Harry one last time.Maybe even sacrificing himself to atone for killing Dumbledore.
*Draco and Harry will end up becoming friendly after Harry finds a way of
rescuing Draco.
*Percy will continue to be a major twit.
*Ginny and Harry will become more of a couple.
*Hermione will propose to Ron.
*It will last more than 600 pages. :lol:
mitsuki lover

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:19 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Ok everyone Prediction Time.With only the last book to go now in the series time to get out the ol' Prognosticatin' Hats and try to see what twist and turns
J.K.Rowling will serve last.Your guess is as good as mine. :thumb:
So that said here is what I believe we will discover in the final chapter:
*Snape will finally show his Real Colors and will end up aiding Harry one last time.Maybe even sacrificing himself to atone for killing Dumbledore.
*Draco and Harry will end up becoming friendly after Harry finds a way of
rescuing Draco.
*Percy will continue to be a major twit.
*Ginny and Harry will become more of a couple.
*Hermione will propose to Ron.
*It will last more than 600 pages. :lol:

No thoughts about the supposed Death of Harry?

And wait a minute...PROPOSE?! But they're only 17 years old! Geeze, when Dumbledore said kids come of age, he wasn't kidding, was he?

600 pages! My, my, my...

Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Arnobius » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:20 pm

1) JK Rowling will find out what most fans are expecting
2) She'll write something else
3) She'll make clumsy references to the social and political opinions she holds at the time of her writing
Arnobius

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:56 pm

1) Harry Potter will die (it's possible, but unlikely)
2. It will be a very dark novel
3. Won't tie up all the loose ends
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:47 am

AnimeHeretic wrote:1) JK Rowling will find out what most fans are expecting
3) She'll make clumsy references to the social and political opinions she holds at the time of her writing

1 and 2: Yeah, actually, that's what I'd do with a popular book series like this... I'd find out what the major predictions are, and go a different direction! Just to throw everyone off and make them say "Huh?" Or, I'd take the craziest plot I found, flesh it out, and use that, hehe... Then I'd turn around and make a followup that said that one was just a dream or a story someone told, but here's what REALLY happened... Hehehehe...

I think:

We're gonna find out it was all taking place in Dudley's head after a night of gorging himself... Harry didn't exist, it was just his thin, adventuresome self trying to get out, but his domineering parents wouldn't let him... And dumbledore was actually some bum on the street who smelled like pea soup and said things that were kinda one word, and almost another, which is where the spells came from. And it turned out that hedwig was actually an earwig, and it crawled in his ear, which is why he was hurting during the cruciatus curse...

On a serious note, anyone know when it's supposed to be released? I'll have to make a few (like 20) library trips when that happens, and stay off IMDB and CAA...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:40 am

Heh. I would certainly hope that she has had the entire series planned out and will do what she is intending, but I'm not so certain I believe that. In any case, this might not happen, as the previous few books haven't really included anything all that shocking (from a literary perspective, not just the shock value of Snape's betrayal in VI).

Bobtheduck wrote:We're gonna find out it was all taking place in Dudley's head after a night of gorging himself... Harry didn't exist, it was just his thin, adventuresome self trying to get out, but his domineering parents wouldn't let him... And dumbledore was actually some bum on the street who smelled like pea soup and said things that were kinda one word, and almost another, which is where the spells came from. And it turned out that hedwig was actually an earwig, and it crawled in his ear, which is why he was hurting during the cruciatus curse...

Alternate outcome: JK Rowling is converted by the people who think Harry Potter is the Devil's literature incarnate, and in the last novel reveals that everything has been allegorical. And a dream.
uc pseudonym

Postby Puritan » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:23 am

Hmmm. From my understanding J. K. Rowling has the whole thing planned out, and claims to have written the final chaper of the Seventh book a good while ago. I tend to believe her as the books seem to have had a reasonable level planning in their storyline thus far. I would suspect that the last book will contain the following:

- Snape was forced to do what he did as he had sworn the unbreakable oath to aid Draco and Dumbledore ordered him to go through with his oath so he would not die. This would be in keeping with Rowling's earlier story arc, even if it would be a bit cliched.

- Bizarre amounts of Harry/Ginny romance sub-plot, causing me to get irritated with part of the book.

- Neville Longbottom is the person to actually defeat Voldemort. While Harry was marked most obviously by Voldemort, Neville was marked by him in an emotional manner as well. This would provide an interesting plot twist and likely leave Harry alive at the end of the book.
-or-
Voldemort is defeated by an alliance of house elves and goblins led by Hermione :P
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:17 pm

Ha! Hahaha! How very astute of you]1) Harry Potter will die (it's possible, but unlikely)
2. It will be a very dark novel
3. Won't tie up all the loose ends[/QUOTE]

I think JK Rowling would find her flat burned down faster than a Dutch Embassy in the Middle East if she did that. If not something so drastic, she might have to deal with the same inconveniences Sir Arthur Conan Doyle did after killing the character of Sherlock Holmes.

Puritan wrote:Hmmm. From my understanding J. K. Rowling has the whole thing planned out, and claims to have written the final chaper of the Seventh book a good while ago. I tend to believe her as the books seem to have had a reasonable level planning in their storyline thus far. I would suspect that the last book will contain the following:

- Snape was forced to do what he did as he had sworn the unbreakable oath to aid Draco and Dumbledore ordered him to go through with his oath so he would not die. This would be in keeping with Rowling's earlier story arc, even if it would be a bit cliched.

- Bizarre amounts of Harry/Ginny romance sub-plot, causing me to get irritated with part of the book.

- Neville Longbottom is the person to actually defeat Voldemort. While Harry was marked most obviously by Voldemort, Neville was marked by him in an emotional manner as well. This would provide an interesting plot twist and likely leave Harry alive at the end of the book.
-or-
Voldemort is defeated by an alliance of house elves and goblins led by Hermione :P

I think Rowling definately had the ending planned out, otherwise she might have risked losing track of where all the plots and sub-plots in her book were ultimately going.
Your evaluation of the situation with Snape is the most likely if one is determining likelyhood by previous story canon. I am not sure, there was not enough information in the last book for me to decide which explanation if prefer.
The Harry and Ginny romance was awkwardly crammed into the last book in my opinion. I hope she writes those type of elements better in the next book or I'll be rolling my eyes at the failing of her talent.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:10 pm

Hey no-one has yet mentioned what would be the real shocker:Harry turns out to be really Harriet and is actually a manifestation of Hermione's dark deep desire to goof off and have fun.Also it all really takes place in a MacDonald's Playland in
Moscow,Idaho.
mitsuki lover

Postby CHILD OF AVALON » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:09 am

LOL great all of them where. but heres what i think is going to happen

Harry's scar is the 7th horcrux and in order to defet voldermort he has to kill him self HAHAHA and if you think about it, it makes alot of since. if you want reasons ask cuz i dont want to give anything away from the 6th book
I <3 my sister Kit-chan very muchly :hug:
CHILD OF AVALON

Location: in the middle of nowhere usa which is just north of oblivion and south of end of the world

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:59 pm

You know what really spoiled everything was when Voldemort turned out to be Tom
Riddle,Jr.I think it would have been a lot more interesting if in the long run in the end Voldemort turned out to be a more mature Harry from the future.
mitsuki lover

Postby Sai » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:24 pm

I think Snape will end up sacrificing himself for harry, and if ron lives he and hermione will end up getting married or something.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Kawaiikneko » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:32 pm

I would love for Snape to be at least somewhat on the good side, even if he has to die to prove it.. I just don't want him to be totally evil .___.
Kawaiikneko

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:35 pm

Or Voldemort could win because he hid the 7th Horcrux in a grain of sand, which he then buried in the Sahara... but no, he has to use special items that will likely have trails of clues leading to them. Because villains never do the smart thing.

Really, I wish there had been a better explanation than that he has a dramatic flair. For example, Rowling could have said that Horcrux required an item of significant magical power.

An alternate possibility that I doubt but I am curious as to others opinions: an eighth book. Do you think that would be a bad thing or a good thing for the series? On one hand, the most rabid of fans would be incredibly happy that it will go on for longer. But I can also imagine some people getting tired of the series or feeling as though it sold out. What do you think?
uc pseudonym

Postby Puritan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:10 pm

I think people would be irritated because she has said since the beginning that the series would have seven books. So long as the writing quality remains good, I wouldn't mind, but if it became a way to simply make even more money rather than continuing a good story I would not be happy.
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:06 pm

I personally like the "dramatic flair" idea of Voldemort's horcruxes in regard to the way it reveals his character. It shows that he's confident enough in himself - arrogant and prideful, that is - to do something that could leave a trail.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Arnobius » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:22 pm

I wouldn't mind an 8th book... one book on the wizarding world from the perspective of the new adult Harry learning to adjust to the world outside the restrictions of school, facing his new freedom learning about responsibility that comes with it
Arnobius

Postby Yumie » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:42 pm

CHILD OF AVALON wrote:LOL great all of them where. but heres what i think is going to happen

Harry's scar is the 7th horcrux and in order to defet voldermort he has to kill him self HAHAHA and if you think about it, it makes alot of since. if you want reasons ask cuz i dont want to give anything away from the 6th book

Yeah, I think that's a definite possibility, though it does have some flaws.

Well, here's what I think is going to happen:
1) Snape is going to finally be revealed as a vampire, since there have been minor hints eluding to it throughout the series.
2) Filch is going to go to the "Dark" side.
3) We're going to find out that Sirius's brother is still alive (since I think that that's who R.B. is.)
4.) Something will happen that will result in Snape losing his head, greusome though it is. (Either that or it's total coincidence that his name can break down to what sounds like "sever his nape" which is fully possible.)
5.) Neville will die in the process of aiding Harry in defeating Voldemort (possibly somehow fullfilling the prophecy, since he and Harry were both candidates for it.)

I have loads of other things that I think could happen, but I'm way too tired to think of them right now. XD
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:03 am

Kawaiikneko wrote:I personally like the "dramatic flair" idea of Voldemort's horcruxes in regard to the way it reveals his character. It shows that he's confident enough in himself - arrogant and prideful, that is - to do something that could leave a trail.

If this element is explored in the sense of Voldemort being his own downfall, then I would support it. However, I somewhat doubt that Rowling will take this route.
uc pseudonym

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:13 pm

What was hinted in the sixth book was that Harry wasn't coming back to Hogwarts.So it would be interesting to see if Rowling really goes in the direction of having Harry going off on his own.
mitsuki lover

Postby MasterDias » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:46 pm

-I still have doubts that Snape is really on Voldemort's side. Too many things about the ending sequence of events in the last book struck me as extremely odd. And, it seemingly goes against past events in the series.
-The search for the final horcruxes is going to take up a good portion of the book.
-R.B. - Sirus's brother is the obvious identity. But we will see where she goes with this.
-Neville might well play some sort of a role.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:52 am

Ah, that is one detail about which I am truly curious: will Harry leave Hogwarts? I wonder how well Rowling will write without the framework of school to use, and if she'll really leave this major element of the series. But on the other hand, if Harry goes on Horcrux-finding missions in between classes that would strain suspension of disbelief (as well as being ridiculous). There's potential here for a much more serious (in terms of more than tone) story in the last book.
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:08 am

uc pseudonym wrote:Or Voldemort could win because he hid the 7th Horcrux in a grain of sand, which he then buried in the Sahara... but no, he has to use special items that will likely have trails of clues leading to them. Because villains never do the smart thing.

Really, I wish there had been a better explanation than that he has a dramatic flair. For example, Rowling could have said that Horcrux required an item of significant magical power.

An alternate possibility that I doubt but I am curious as to others opinions: an eighth book. Do you think that would be a bad thing or a good thing for the series? On one hand, the most rabid of fans would be incredibly happy that it will go on for longer. But I can also imagine some people getting tired of the series or feeling as though it sold out. What do you think?

1. The horcruxes: I don't have HBP with me, but didn't it say the horcrux had to be something of meaning to the person who made it? Hence the school items and [spoiler]Maybe harry's scar[/spoiler] but not, "a grain of sand".

2. An 8th book would be selling out... One of the things I like about this series is that, despite the incredible length of a couple of the books (no, I would probably NEVER read the wheel of time series) She has said from the beginning it would be 7. I'm sure there are all sorts of fans who want to see book 8, 9, 10, and 74, but it needs to end at book 7. Stories that end are the best kind, because they are supposed to be a brief escape from reality, not a replacement for it.

Oh, and Harry leaving hogwarts... It was clear by the end of HBP that he was, indeed, leaving. . There doesn't seem to be getting "held back" or coming back to school in Hogwarts... If you fail your OWLs or NEWTs, you're pretty much screwed. Getting his OWLs seemed a little like getting a GED, wheras NEWTs is like an associates degree (No high school degree, because there seemed to be a big difference between the two, I could be wrong) With a GED, your opportunities are a bit less than even a HS diploma, so it's the same with OWLS... He can never become an Auror, or other jobs that require NEWT levels. So, his future is allready diminished.

His life will be devoted to something he has no support for except his two friends who are busy with school... (or did they quit too, I don't remember) I think him having no real future, combined with chasing after voldemort, could indeed signal the end of his life...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:52 am

Bobtheduck wrote:1. The horcruxes: I don't have HBP with me, but didn't it say the horcrux had to be something of meaning to the person who made it? Hence the school items and [spoiler]Maybe harry's scar[/spoiler] but not, "a grain of sand".

In retrospect I think that I may remember something like that. That's more like what I would want, though he could still do something really obscure. Also, why hide it by magically super-powered traps? If he used magic to put something very small deep under the ocean, he'd be safe for thousands of years.

Bobtheduck wrote:Oh, and Harry leaving hogwarts... It was clear by the end of HBP that he was, indeed, leaving. . There doesn't seem to be getting "held back" or coming back to school in Hogwarts... If you fail your OWLs or NEWTs, you're pretty much screwed. Getting his OWLs seemed a little like getting a GED, wheras NEWTs is like an associates degree (No high school degree, because there seemed to be a big difference between the two, I could be wrong) With a GED, your opportunities are a bit less than even a HS diploma, so it's the same with OWLS... He can never become an Auror, or other jobs that require NEWT levels.

Those were a lot of my thoughts, except that it just seems so odd to break the pattern that I can't help but wonder a bit. They've labeled the books "Year 1" "Year 2" etc, but what meaning does "Year 7" have if Harry is no longer at Hogwarts?

Bobtheduck wrote:So, his future is allready diminished.

I think this would be a fascinating turn for the series: in doing the right thing and fighting evil, Harry has to sacrifice his life in a very mundane sense. That's possible, though I can very easily see a, "Well, anyone who can defeat Voldemort must have good NEWTs! Here's a billion Galleons and tenure at Hogwarts!" type of ending.
uc pseudonym

Postby ishy » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:15 pm

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the leading theory about why Snape is really aiding Harry and Dumbledore-ie. having been in love with Lily Potter, he promised to protect Harry. Explains both his weird obsession with Harry and his animosity.
TechnoChicks - http://www.technochicks.org/

Craft Wonderland - http://z6.invisionfree.com/crafty

Atlanta Christian Gaming and Anime Guild
http://christcon.ancientmagicrpg.com/forum/index.php
ishy

Postby Rachel » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:25 pm

I think Peter Pettigrew is going to come back and save Harry's behind. Seriously, read Prisoner of Azkaban. It'll all make sense to y'all.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:58 pm

KILL. OFF. DRACO.

because i hate him. RAWR. he makes me so ANNGRRYRYYYY.

but i bet heromine and ron will erm.. snog alot. XD snog.

*snickers*
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:05 pm

Harry got pretty violent with Draco in the last one! I was stunned how angry it got.
I'm definetly liking the idea that Harry is away from Hogwarts for the 7th book. That would be a nice change and increase the feel of danger and desperation (no school safe-haven', not that it is really all that safe now though (lol))
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Sai » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:37 pm

Maybe harry will end up using hagrid's hut or grimmauld place as a hideout while he is searching for horcruxes. But i think he will be going back to hogwarts for some reason cause we need to know who the new DADA teacher is. I think hermoine would almost die before she left her studies at hogwarts.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby KBMaster » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:10 am

I kind of hope Draco becomes sort of good. I don't think he'll fully good, just sort of good. I hope Snape gets eaten by a basilisk.
Have you all ever considered multiple personalities? I'm not sure who yet. *shifts eyes*
Lol, all kidding aside, I think someone will die next book. Someone really good(other than Harry or Neville). Why? cuz that's the kind of person J.K. Rowling is.
Where's Hagrid going to fit into all this? No pun intended.
KBMaster

Next

Return to Book Corner