Harry Potter Book Seven Make A Prediction

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Postby HisaishiFan » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:48 am

I don't think he'll show up again either, UC. But to me, Ollivander is one of those neat minor characters that I'll miss, like Florean Fortescue (whose ice cream shop is now sadly boarded up). And of course poor Judge Bones!

I wonder if JK will kill off Hagrid. She hasn't done much with him as a character in the last two books, but his death would probably still have a big impact on the Harry, Hermione and Ron.
But even if we don't feel at ease, God is greater than our feelings and He knows everything. 1 John 3:20 :angel:

Delight in utter trust.
HisaishiFan

Location: Kentucky (formerly I would have said to think rain, but now you should think sweltering heat . . . a

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:49 pm

No,I think the best bet is Harry and Voldemort will kill each other in the end.It would make more sense to end the series that way.
mitsuki lover

Postby Sai » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:33 pm

yeah i agree with mitsuki lover.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby HisaishiFan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:20 pm

Here's the poll , by the way. And yes, as I mentioned earlier, I voted that he'll die (as in both HP and LV).
But even if we don't feel at ease, God is greater than our feelings and He knows everything. 1 John 3:20 :angel:

Delight in utter trust.
HisaishiFan

Location: Kentucky (formerly I would have said to think rain, but now you should think sweltering heat . . . a

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:10 am

If anyone ever visits mugglenet, which I started to again looking for info on movie 5, one theory floating around there is that the main bad guy is not voldey at all, but Snape. The arguments were pretty well thought out, in my opinion, and it would fit the pattern set by the previous books.

In any case, i still say I like the hypothesis that Harry's Scar is the last horcrux... That's why it hurts him whenever Voldemort is angry, why there is that mystical connection between the two of them... His scar was the accidental horcrux... Voldy wouldn't have to destroy the scar to kill harry, and the scar doesn't have to be considered part of Harry, necissarily...

*sigh*

When is she gonna release it, and when will I have time to read it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:44 pm

Rowling screwed things up for me when she revealed that Voldemort and Harry weren't the same person.I still think waiting until book 7 and revealing that Harry was going to become Voldemort would have given the series a more interesting twist to it.
mitsuki lover

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:17 pm

That's pure fanfiction material mistuki lover, and to have seen that in the actual canon would have made me VERY disappointed in Ms. Rowling's ability to plot. It would come off as a cop-out in my eyes, as the idea is rather cliched.

Despite the fact that it's getting darker, HP is still a "childrens" series. I'd be surprised if she killed off Harry or completely allowed Voldemort to win (if Harry does die).

Something that I think would be really interesting (and HIGHLY unlikely, and pretty fanfiction-y) in book 7 would be time travel back to the Marauders time period. I'd just LOVE to see how Rowling would write the Marauders in their prime. More than we saw in OOTP... Who knows, maybe we'll get another Penseive scene.

I've heard it'll be coming out July of 2007. Anyone else heard of this?
Kawaiikneko

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:07 pm

No,it would have made the series better if Harry and Voldemort were one and the same but if it weren't revealed until the end.If Voldemort's true identity weren't revealed until the very end of the series and it in fact did turn out he was some future aspect of Harry it would have made some of the actions Harry did throughout the series more interesting.It would also raise a rather interesting question about why his parents were killed.
Though I still think that Harry and Voldemort will end up dying in the last book,giving them some sort of relationship would be a fun and ironic thing to do.
Perhaps when all is said and done the real reason why Voldemort turned bad was because of the way he was treated by Harry's father and friends at Hogwarts.
mitsuki lover

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:00 pm

Voldemort didn't go to school with Harry's father and friends... perhaps you meant Snape?
Kawaiikneko

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:05 am

I think calling something cliché is incredibly cliché... There is nothing new under the sun... I mean, I wish people would just accept stories for what they are, and stop looking for the next breakthrough... Even though I'll probably find my book's devices in other stories, I'm not going to stop writing... It's still my story even if it's like others. That's how I feel...

In any case, the books still surprised me... The biggest thing I really wonder about in book 7 is if Harry will die... After that, what's the truth about Snape... Also, who else will die... People have said Hagrid would die since Order of the Phoenix... He didn't die in Order, he didn't die in HBP... It's a natural loss, though... Given that it's the LAST book, I'm sure there will be more than one significant loss in the book... Hagrid is the most logical choice, but who else? One of the trio? Ginny? Hmm...

I have a good feeling Snape will die... It is almost a necessity...

Anyone else?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Previous

Return to Book Corner