[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5092: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5092: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5094: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5097: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5097: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Tom Clancy "Splinter Cell" - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Tom Clancy "Splinter Cell"

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Tom Clancy "Splinter Cell"

Postby Archan » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:01 am

Wait, isn't that a game Archan?

Why yes, yes it is. But it didn't stop there, there was actually a series of books "Novels" written with Sam Fisher as the title character carrying out various missions. I am currently reading "Operation Barracuda", and though is very dreadful so far, I feel compelled to continue to read.

Also, from what I've read (I haven't read all of the "Splinter Cell series yet) the books are not written by Clancy himself, but other authors or in the case of "Barracuda", aspireing authors. Has anyone else read any of the other "Splinter Cell" novels, any recomendations? Other novels actually written by Clancy are also welcome for descussion.

Why Splinter Cell? Dunno, on some kind of spy high right now, and without going into James Bond territory and Clancy being a great author of the military genre, Splinter Cell just seemed....groovey!

God bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby Locke » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:56 pm

Try reading the first one, the Bond influence just oozes from every page.
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:29 am

I would suggest Rainbow Six and Patriot games as good Tom Clancy novels. Red Storm Rising is an awesome stand alone book.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Tommy » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:59 am

I read the fist one, but i was forced to give it back to my friend in the middle of it due to more F words than characters.
Tommy

Postby The Grammarian » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:15 pm

I second Rainbow Six's recommendation. Very cool book. Another cool one is Debt of Honor.
To all, life thou givest, to both great and small.
In all life, thou livest, the true life of all.
We blossom and flourish as leaves on a tree
And wither and perish, but naught changeth thee.

--Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise

Texan by birth, Yankee by accident of location.
The Grammarian

Postby Archan » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:43 pm

Locke wrote:Try reading the first one, the Bond influence just oozes from every page.

*Laughs*
Whats up! Nice ta see ya again, nah I'd rather not read the Bond influencial novel more then I would just go off and rent a Bond movie, if I were to be in the Bond mood :lol:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something which somebody here caught (Thanks Tom Dincht, nice to meet you BTW), there is alot of rather mature words and such being the people whom write the Splinter Cell novels are not held back by regulations and such, so it can get pretty hairy at times. Then again, any mature novel written by a secular author can get that way, but if a person whom reads these books expects them to be toned down for the teenage demograph....they're not. there are very mature novels about war and such, doesn't mean they're good (As I'm slowly finding out), but mature none the less.

Actually, Barracuda is getting slightly better, very slightly...I do plan on finishing it because once I start a book (Be it good or bad) I just have to finish it. But anyways, as far as Clancy novels Rainbow Six was good, Red October was good as well...haven't touched up too much on Clancy for a while however, need to fix that in the future.

God bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby AnubisWerewolf » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:24 pm

I actually read the first book of Splinter Cell. I loved it. I'm a big fan of the games too, except I really didn't like Pandora Tomorrow. Ugh. Glitchy up the wazoo. Anyways i'm looking to actually find the second book now and read that. But that would actually require me having free time. Ohhhh well...
"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success." -Moonbay from Zoids Chaotic Century
AnubisWerewolf

Postby suribachi » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:20 pm

Haven't read Splinter Cell but have read all Clancy's original stuff. Red Storm Rising was really good. Liked the whole Jack Ryan stuff beginning with The Hunt for Red October -- the movie couldn't do the book justice. Without Remorse was great but pretty dark at times. Without a doubt they were all books that were hard to put down once I got into them.
"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father."
John 14:12
suribachi

Postby RobinSena » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:04 am

I recently picked up the second book in the series,(library booksale) but I have yet to read it. Seeing as there is such strong language, it'll be a while before I read it. Is there much sexual content, or is language the big problem?
RobinSena

Return to Book Corner